The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting tables should have their own unique item limit

Draevik
Draevik
✭✭✭
As the title says, guild halls shouldn't suffer because a ton of the hall space is dedicated to crafting tables. Simply add a crafting table limit. Limited to 1 of each sets table per type (clothing, blacksmith etc) and 1 of each generic tables.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, this is essentially the same things as just upping the item limit of homes by that amount. Either way the game has to populate an additional 400 items or whatever.

I think a better solution would be to roll out a station like the transmute station with a menu the same as the reconstruction menu, where you go into it, pull up the set and item and quality you want and hit the button and it's made. Then everyone would just have to have one item and guild halls could be decorated out further with their existing limits. It would also offer the ability to have smaller crafting homes for some smaller guilds or players since they'd only need one item.

The only thing that leaves as a problem is what to do with all the existing tables that people already invested in. I guess you could use them to 'fuse' into the new station to add the ability to craft the set into it, but you would still end up with people having a lot of stations in storage. I mean if zos was really cool, they could look to see who has a home with every set already in it and give the owner a free 'mega' station and then only newer builders would need to invest in the new station.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Draevik
    Draevik
    ✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    I mean, this is essentially the same things as just upping the item limit of homes by that amount. Either way the game has to populate an additional 400 items or whatever.

I think a better solution would be to roll out a station like the transmute station with a menu the same as the reconstruction menu, where you go into it, pull up the set and item and quality you want and hit the button and it's made. Then everyone would just have to have one item and guild halls could be decorated out further with their existing limits. It would also offer the ability to have smaller crafting homes for some smaller guilds or players since they'd only need one item.

The only thing that leaves as a problem is what to do with all the existing tables that people already invested in. I guess you could use them to 'fuse' into the new station to add the ability to craft the set into it, but you would still end up with people having a lot of stations in storage. I mean if zos was really cool, they could look to see who has a home with every set already in it and give the owner a free 'mega' station and then only newer builders would need to invest in the new station.

I had thought about the one mega station only, which I like much more. But chances are they wouldn't do that, more work. However, adding a category to the housing is probably way easier.