Does anyone know of an alternative to UESP Build Editor?

OmenRIP
OmenRIP
✭✭✭
Dear console players -

After the current changes to the CP system, I’m struggling to keep my data current in the UESP Build Editor. Some of the CP stars are missing. Others have faulty max values. Some of my jewelry can’t be found with the right trait. In addition, on my iPad running Safari, some of the skills pop ups don’t disappear, even doing a page refresh. I’m using the full website display since the mobile display is, how do I say it, a mess.

I really appreciate their developers coming up with a very comprehensive ESO Character Builder, but if it doesn’t stay in sync with the game and has errors that detract from its use, then I’m finding it less and less useful to me.

Is there another app out there, either web, paid, or free that can fulfill the role of the UESP Editor? I’m not really looking to do what-if’s, but just to keep track of my builds in a centralized location (export function anyone?). Please let me know.

Thanks.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always found the site clunky and not very user friendly.
    Love the idea of it, but can't bring myself to use it.

I'd love an alternative as well.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had a problem with it, works great for me.
    Sometimes you have to wait for it to be updated which is a bear of a job as often as ZOS changes major things.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To add to the above, UESP has a bug report thread on their site where you can report wrong values or other errors. In my experience they’re pretty quick to respond to input, whether a bug report or a feature request.

For traits you cannot find in the search, there is a drop-down menu next to the item once you slot it that serves as a transmutation function. For example, if you choose Advancing Yokeda jewelry, it will be Healthy, as that’s how it drops in game. Once you choose it, click the drop-down menu to the right to select Bloodthirsty, Infused, or any other trait.

I don’t know of any alternative sites that cover all skills, sets, and CP; perhaps it may not be worth the effort when the Build Editor already exists.
    Edited by virtus753 on September 8, 2021 6:40PM
    Options
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen eso skillfactory(?) searching for builds, have never used it, so no idea if it is accurate or is it any different than uesp.
    Options
  • OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen eso skillfactory(?) searching for builds, have never used it, so no idea if it is accurate or is it any different than uesp.

I’ve tried it, but it seems to be lacking in quite a few areas as compared to UESP.

Options
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    There used to be an app on android years ago but I haven't been able to find it since returning to eso this past jubilee. The UESP works great on pc but I find it atrocious to deal with on mobile platforms like phone or tablet
    Options
  • OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    To add to the above, UESP has a bug report thread on their site where you can report wrong values or other errors. In my experience they’re pretty quick to respond to input, whether a bug report or a feature request.

For traits you cannot find in the search, there is a drop-down menu next to the item once you slot it that serves as a transmutation function. For example, if you choose Advancing Yokeda jewelry, it will be Healthy, as that’s how it drops in game. Once you choose it, click the drop-down menu to the right to select Bloodthirsty, Infused, or any other trait.

I don’t know of any alternative sites that cover all skills, sets, and CP; perhaps it may not be worth the effort when the Build Editor already exists.

Thank you for the information I didn’t know about. Unfortunately, I made my jewelry change as you pointed out, but the save button doesn’t activate. I think I can make another copy where the save button is active, but I’ve got so many COPY, COPY2, COPY3, that I lose track. Also, my slotted stars keep disappearing. This may be due to using Safari on the iPad, but that’s all that I have.

I do use the bug report system, but without some feedback I don’t know if they worked on it or not.
    Options
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try chrome on the iPad. Its generally more cooperative with script heavy sites.
    PCNA
    PCEU
    Options
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OmenRIP wrote: »

Thank you for the information I didn’t know about. Unfortunately, I made my jewelry change as you pointed out, but the save button doesn’t activate. I think I can make another copy where the save button is active, but I’ve got so many COPY, COPY2, COPY3, that I lose track. Also, my slotted stars keep disappearing. This may be due to using Safari on the iPad, but that’s all that I have.

I do use the bug report system, but without some feedback I don’t know if they worked on it or not.

Yoiu can rename builds to get rid of copy
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
    Options
  • OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    Yoiu can rename builds to get rid of copy

Yes, I know. But to keep saving new builds is subsequently causing UESP to get an error saving the build. The only way to get rid of this is to have Safari clear all history and website data. I lose all my tabs too. It’s frustrating.

Edited by OmenRIP on September 8, 2021 10:42PM
    Options
  • OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »

Thanks. I’ll try Chrome.
    Options
  • OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    OmenRIP wrote: »
    blktauna wrote: »

Thanks. I’ll try Chrome.

I tried Chrome, but it doesn’t render the pages correctly. Some data overlap others. I’ll try some of my other browsers.
    Edited by OmenRIP on September 8, 2021 11:09PM
    Options