The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Leaderboards should not involve RNG

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I've only been awarded 1 deathmatch in the past 2 days and at this point it's impossible to catch up.

L6KHG7M.png

Normally I score 5-10k on deathmatch.

FDrVxgv.png

It's impossible for me to compete if I can't even play.

@ZOS_Kevin Please help. Leaderboards should not be affected by RNG from random battleground queue.
PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey I just got one right after posting this.

SJC9SkS.png

JruSiPs.png

Maybe I'll get lucky and get to play another deathmatch soon. Only 50718 points behind now.
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If anyone's curious, the chance to play deathmatch is ~15-20%.

Nkt1Cfv.png

Edited by SkaraMinoc on September 8, 2021 7:53AM
    PC NA
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    They should just bring back que specific and stop telling people what they can and can't play.
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    I mean lets be real. Removing que specific was the single worst thing they have done to pvp.

Have you seen how toxic battlegrounds are since they did it.
    The leader-boards are meaningless.
    The game modes are meaningless. Because everyone just death-match every match.
    Achievements have become insane to attempt because you can't actually say I will try for this one specifically any more.
    We literally got guys going into chaos ball with a pocket healer and camping spawn areas.

Anything that involves ranking should not involve RNG. I agree.
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    BG Leaderboards have always been meaningless and they always will be with the current system even if ZOS does the smart thing and bring back specific queues. Best thing to do is stop caring about them until they actually mean something.

If I had to guess, you got lucky in getting a tanky teammate like Candlestickmakr and farmed the Critical Heal medal on him with Twilight Matriarch, Polar Wind, etc. I know because I've done it as a meme. It's not something that measures actual skill considering how effective it is for climbing Deathmatch Leaderboard rankings.