The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO+ - timing for free access is it random ?

woufff
woufff
✭✭✭✭
Are the moments when you can test out ESO+ for free coming back following a regular pattern or are they completely random, does anyone know?

I am asking for a friend of mine who is not a regular player as I personally couldn't live without the craft bag B)
PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Soul_Soliloquy
    To the best of my knowledge it’s random, I could be wrong though … Also couldn’t live without my craft bag, free trial will get your friend hooked, once you try it you can’t go back :D
    GM Waking Dreams | PC NA
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically yes, it's very hard to predict when it will happen except that it's usually a few months after the last free trial.

I don't think its literally random, someone at ZOS (or a team of people) decides when to have a free trial so I assume there is some logic to it, but it's not on a fixed schedule and we don't know how they decide when to do it, so it's not possible to accurately predict when it will happen.

I've just had a look through the announcements on the main website and, assuming I found all of them, previous dates have been:
    May 2nd - 6th 2019
    August 8th - 13th 2019
    January 17th - 23rd 2020
    April 20th - 27th 2020
    October 12th - 19th 2020
    January 19th - 26th 2021
    June 14th - 21st 2021

So they're roughly between 3 and 6 months apart, and the last one was in June, so there will probably be another one before the end of the year, January at the latest, but I don't think I can be more precise than that.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also note that the June one this year was originally supposed to be earlier (I want to say early May?) but was delayed because some people experienced issues with it. I don't know it that will affect future ones this year or not though. It's probably safe to be that there won't be a free week right after the Q4 DLC launches, and probably not during an event such as the current Blackwood one, the Witches Fest, Undaunted, or New Life. Given all of that, I'd guess around Black Fredas, but I could be totally wrong.
    PC NA
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Basically yes, it's very hard to predict when it will happen except that it's usually a few months after the last free trial.

I don't think its literally random, someone at ZOS (or a team of people) decides when to have a free trial so I assume there is some logic to it, but it's not on a fixed schedule and we don't know how they decide when to do it, so it's not possible to accurately predict when it will happen.

I've just had a look through the announcements on the main website and, assuming I found all of them, previous dates have been:
    May 2nd - 6th 2019
    August 8th - 13th 2019
    January 17th - 23rd 2020
    April 20th - 27th 2020
    October 12th - 19th 2020
    January 19th - 26th 2021
    June 14th - 21st 2021

So they're roughly between 3 and 6 months apart, and the last one was in June, so there will probably be another one before the end of the year, January at the latest, but I don't think I can be more precise than that.

There was the other one circe may 2021, but apparently by mistake and you could only grab it for like 1 hour and it would be active for entire week. I managed to grab it.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say it's random. I'm sure it's specifically planned by ZOS. We just never hear about it until last minute. They would be very unlikely to have it overlap other in game events so they may plan around that. If I were to guess, I don't see much room to squeeze it in October, but perhaps in November? December will be full of year end events as well.