The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I can remain silent no longer. Daily log in rewards have reached rock bottom!

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    complaining about free stuff???

what is the world coming to.

My thoughts exactly. Even then, 150kl gold is no small chunk of change even for a multi-millionaire.
    Options
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shazanti wrote: »
    It's boring, is what it is.
    XP Scroll. Potion. Poison. Food. Instant Research. Every week. Every single week. Maybe they change the days given. Last month it was Poison, Food, XP, Potion, Research, but it's always going to be those. Always. Every. Single. Week. Then one weekday it'll be Crown Crate or Soul Gem or Mimic Stone, and maybe it'll be the month of Tel Var or the month of AP or gold.

This is my exact feeling. It just feels boring and lazy. I log in to play and spend time with my wife and online friends, but the rewards are just this annoying side thing for the days leading up to the reward I want. I’ll miss days for rewards - even if I’m logged in - as long as I know I’ll claim enough days to get to the reward I want.

And this month the 100k gold. Yikes. The community staff - or whoever oversees the rewards - are very out-of-touch with the state of inflation in the game. I feel like it’s willful ignorance at this point.
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feels like they've moved on to Endeavors as the preferred method for players logging in every day. Why have a passive system where they just log on when you can have an active one that encourages them to play? Then if they run into an endeavor that requires DLC content well.... if they buy it or subscribe they made a bit of profit off of it.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know about anyone else but I login to play a game. Any rewards are a bonus.
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malkiv wrote: »
    XP Scroll. Potion. Poison. Food. Instant Research. Every week. Every single week. Maybe they change the days given. Last month it was Poison, Food, XP, Potion, Research, but it's always going to be those. Always. Every. Single. Week. Then one weekday it'll be Crown Crate or Soul Gem or Mimic Stone, and maybe it'll be the month of Tel Var or the month of AP or gold.

This is my exact feeling. It just feels boring and lazy. I log in to play and spend time with my wife and online friends, but the rewards are just this annoying side thing for the days leading up to the reward I want. I’ll miss days for rewards - even if I’m logged in - as long as I know I’ll claim enough days to get to the reward I want.

And this month the 100k gold. Yikes. The community staff - or whoever oversees the rewards - are very out-of-touch with the state of inflation in the game. I feel like it’s willful ignorance at this point.
    I've been using various methods to increase my gold lately, because I'm saving up to buy something, but then I just checked the monthly rewards schedule and noticed the 100,000 gold, after checking this thread. Now I'm wondering why I bothered saving up :( It's a bit demotivating, really.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are great for new players.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Complain all you want about them.

It's FREE....

I like FREE....

And GIVE ME that 100k gold...

Gold IS NOT easy to get:

No!

Hate Writs

Non Crafter

Trader = Barely 5k a week....

Read Signature....

That's why...

Less than 3hr played per session...

So Do Not Tell me to play your way...

Don't like your way!
    Options
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, it's FREE. It's like going in a chocolate shop, a vendor ask you if you want to try one piece of chocolate and instead of taking it you say "Only ONE piece? What a shame, I want the whole bar!"

Plus you don't want to log in the game only for the daily rewards, but more for... You know, playing the game, right?
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
    Options
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't necessarily log in just for the daily rewards, but sometimes I don't have time to play, so I will basically just log in just to claim the daily reward and to claim my hireling stuff and that's it! I only do this so that I won't miss any days towards the really good stuff, like the gold or the pvp currency since I don't pvp.

Also, even though I have tons of the potions and poisons, they are still useful to me, as are the meals.

The soul gems are dumb to me though.
    Options
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    totally montly rewards now s.....
    only things good in last 6 months was the 150k ap last month and thats it
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    The only truly useless thing they give are the crown soul gems.

I always leave those in my inventory rather than bank them, and have my preferences set so they get used up first before using regular soul gems. So they aren't "truly useless," just "not needed by me," since I have dozens of stacks of filled soul gems in my bank and storage chests.

But I'm sure they're needed by, and very useful to, new players who aren't drowning in soul gems yet. I was trying to help a new player kill a world boss the other week and after he was killed and rezzed on the spot a few times, he started having to rez back at a nearby wayshrine. After the second time he did that, I managed to evade the boss long enough (thanks to my pets) to summon my banking assistant and withdraw a stack of filled soul gems to trade to the guy-- except then I couldn't successfully initiate a trade until after we finally killed the boss with the help of a third player who showed up. When I was finally able to trade with him and give him the stack of soul gems, he was completely blown away by it, as though I were giving him 1 million in gold or something. Once I even had some other new player ask me if I was a hacker after I gave her a stack of filled soul gems, to which I laughed and assured her that I wasn't, and that it probably wouldn't be long before she was drowning in them, too.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on September 1, 2021 11:02PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Put FURNISHINGS as a new type of login reward. That’s better than some useless pots/food.

While I would also like this myself, I think the majority of players would find the furnishings more useless than the pots/food.
    Options
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO really treats their players like garbage tbh. Back when I played BDO, if the server had to go down they'd send you rewards to apologize. BDO isnt even a good MMO and they care more.
    Options
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems ZOS has went on practical rewards - no one will turn back on 100k gold or AP, some food potions and xp scrolls, not that bad... Don't know what reward they can put for daily logging to make me think "definitely want that" after all time spend, even pets or cosmetics will use same as before - don't even know what i have in collections.

But will be happy to see more "color", now its all "same ol' same ol' "...
    Options
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am waiting for a daily endeavor "claim a daily login reward" ;) .

Btw, I love that tri-stat buff food, tri-stat pots and poisons. I use them in PVP all the time.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on September 1, 2021 11:12PM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Kalik_Gold wrote: »
    Rewards got worse because you can save endeavors and buy pets cheaply...

1000 endeavor / 40 gem 💎 equivalent
    One recent example is the Netch hat. Some people found it amazing and funny, others found it very gross. But if you weren't able to log in 15 times that month you will probably never get the hat. Unless they recolor its default or make a tiny tweak and throw it into crates -- but then it's still not the same item.
    i wear it proudly daily...no, not really :)
    giphy-downsized-large.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • drunkendx
    drunkendx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I'm fine with uninteresting rewards, they've never been an incentive for me to log in anyway. If I can log in I will for other reasons (at least to say hello to my guild, pick up hireling mail and see if anything in the guild store has sold) and if I don't log in it's usually because I'm not at home and couldn't log in even if I wanted to.

The one thing I would change is to give out less potions, poisons, food and crafting research scrolls and replace them with currencies or maybe crafting materials or something. Someone in another topic mentioned Guild Wars 2's login rewards as being better even though they're always the same and I've been thinking I don't think they're any better (and one of the most popular ones there is a valuable crafting material, which isn't that different to being given 100k gold) but they are easier to store. The majority of them are currencies or go into crafting material storage (which everyone has free access to in that game) so while they're not that exciting it's something you can easily put away and tell yourself you'll probably use later without it taking up bank space.

Agreed, while I consider ESO wastly superior game to GW2, one thing I actually liked is GW2 were daily rewards and I was actually looking forward to logging in at certain days, here, I rarely see something that gets me excited for getting it.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »
    Man, it's FREE. It's like going in a chocolate shop, a vendor ask you if you want to try one piece of chocolate and instead of taking it you say "Only ONE piece? What a shame, I want the whole bar!"

Plus you don't want to log in the game only for the daily rewards, but more for... You know, playing the game, right?

This is not a free to play game, and they are asking you to do a task for it. A simple task, but a test nonetheless. If you paid to get into a club, and they offered you a Hershey's kiss in exchange for getting onstage and singing Karaoke, you might do that. Or you might say "1 Hershey kiss isn't worth the trouble." Neither would be unreasonable. Singing one song isn't a big ask, but 1 Hershey's kiss for a song is also a pretty lousy prize. If the bar across the street offered a free small glass of beer for the first song you sang, you also wouldn't be remiss for asking for a beer and pointing out to other patrons the bar across the street offers it..

This is a system in the game designed to get players to engage, and is just as deserving of praise or criticism as any other system.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 2, 2021 12:47AM
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allow me to preface this by saying I've been here since beta & lived through the "golden" times when we would receive mounts, pets, or crates in our monthly logins, & I realize the log in rewards are just little "extras" but I find the log in rewards these days downright depressing! Personally I end up just destroying whatever potion I receive, as I have accumulated hundreds of them already. For me they do not provide much incentive to log in. Here's to hoping ZOS will reassess the monthly rewards offered in the future. Toss me a mount, a pet, an outfit, emote, or a crate at the end of the month. Just my 2 coppers! Carry on.

What? 100k gold not enough for just logging in?
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • LyricsEcho
    LyricsEcho
    ✭✭✭
    Endevour complaints and log in rewards complaints.... I just don't get why the vitriol for free stuff...
    Options
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *remains silent*

Okay okay.. login rewards should not be the reason to login. They got nice free stuff for new players to make the start of their journey easier.
    Options
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya. Rewards are not compelling to log into everyday.
    As a player since day 1, and and ESO+ member without lapse, it would be nice to see my support rewarded.

Many of the daily rewards I "DESTROY." I have too many. More of a hindrance than a reward.

Consider who you are rewarding. Award appropriately.
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
    Options
  • lemonizzle
    lemonizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    "buhh iss free gibs!" Would you be glad to receive another pebble or piece of torn cloth every day for months at work? Regardless if you manage to find use for it or not?
    A popular addon already have an option to delete daily login junk automatically. That says a lot.
    Options
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, that's a lot of tripots on there...! Ohh exp scrolls!

I can't wait to complete this month!
    Options
  • GOAT4EVAR
    GOAT4EVAR
    ✭✭✭
    Login rewards are basically FREE....just like you are FREE to not accept it...ZOS is not forcing anyone. Seriously, why complain about a freebie?

Couldnt agree more, people are waaayyy to spoiled to appreciate anything anymore. like holy [snip] daily login rewards arent supposed to be anything huge. Tripots, poison etc are what daily login rewards should be.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 3, 2021 4:45PM
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Danikat wrote: »
    I'm fine with uninteresting rewards, they've never been an incentive for me to log in anyway. If I can log in I will for other reasons (at least to say hello to my guild, pick up hireling mail and see if anything in the guild store has sold) and if I don't log in it's usually because I'm not at home and couldn't log in even if I wanted to.

The one thing I would change is to give out less potions, poisons, food and crafting research scrolls and replace them with currencies or maybe crafting materials or something. Someone in another topic mentioned Guild Wars 2's login rewards as being better even though they're always the same and I've been thinking I don't think they're any better (and one of the most popular ones there is a valuable crafting material, which isn't that different to being given 100k gold) but they are easier to store. The majority of them are currencies or go into crafting material storage (which everyone has free access to in that game) so while they're not that exciting it's something you can easily put away and tell yourself you'll probably use later without it taking up bank space.

Please don't suggest valuable crafting materials as login rewards, the trading guilds will be after you :wink: !

I find the triple restoration potions useful along with the fortifying meals - although they rather negate my own crafting activity, but the rest I have little or no use for other than the AP points which give useful skill points and access to Vigor without having to PvP. Having both daily login rewards and daily endeavours does seem rather over the top, in any event.

Well, any player can gain access to Vigor without having to PVP just by doing the Cyrodiil intro quest that you can do once you hit level 10. You can gain up to level 2 rank just by doing the quest, and level 3 rank if you use the 50% AP boost.

I do agree about the dismal rewards and 100K gold is pretty much nothing these days. The only month I actually focus on logging in each day is for the large AP points like last month because they can gain a character up to the level for the Caltrops skill without having to PVP. :)
    Edited by ADarklore on September 2, 2021 12:20PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malkiv wrote: »

I am afraid if there's anyone out of touch with the player base here it's you.

There are many, many players in the game that barely if ever exceed 100-200k gold across their account simply because they don't sell crowns, aren't in a trade guild, and can't login every day to do writs on 12 characters. And these players will be exceedingly happy with that particular login reward.

Having millions of gold, while certainly not rare, is very much not the default assumption still.
    Options
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still appreciate the freebies that are ‘daily rewards’… I mean it’s free stuff… you don’t have to claim any of it.
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lemonizzle wrote: »
    "buhh iss free gibs!" Would you be glad to receive another pebble or piece of torn cloth every day for months at work? Regardless if you manage to find use for it or not?
    A popular addon already have an option to delete daily login junk automatically. That says a lot.

Sounds like you've been spying on me at work!
    Options
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well what do you expect? They are more like for your convenience, not the main reason to log in.

But if they are, maybe you should check your priorities and why you're even playing this game
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
    Options