The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What exactly gets unlocked with Crowns?

SaintAemilian
So I purchased the Imperial upgrade on the NA server, and when I switched to the EU server... No Imperial upgrade. Yet my crowns did disappear. ~SMH~

Before I dare to purchase anything else, I must ask - Are Crown Costumes server wide, account wide, or just player wide?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Per server per account. What you buy on NA stays on NA - unless you buy it with "real money"; for instance, if you buy a chapter from the store, it upgrades one account on both megaservers. If you buy a DLC with crowns, it's good only on the account and server where you bought it.
  • santhoranb16_ESO
    santhoranb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    All you buy on the crown store is only on the server you buy it from available.
    Most things are account-wide, but character specific things (bag upgrades, skyshards, skill-lines you buy) only for this one character. Bank upgrades of course are account wide bc its no character specific thing, but the personal character bag-inventory is.
    Costumes like you asked is for all characters on the server you buy it, same with houses. All characters own it on the server you buy it for pets&mounts too.
    Edited by santhoranb16_ESO on August 31, 2021 11:17PM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The rule of thumb is that everything purchased OUT of the game itself (as in not with crowns or gold or whatever) persists on both servers. For instance, you buy chapters in ESO store with real money and they are account wide, present on both servers. Some of old players have Imperial upgrade on both servers because they purchased it with the original game and not as a crown store upgrade. There're some pets ZOS sent out to players on numerous occasions, those are present on both servers as well. Crowns themselves, ironically, as they are purchased out of the game, are also presentg on both servers - buy 6k crowns, your EU acc will have 6k and NA acc will have 6k. BUT stuff purchased in game, including crown store stuff, is server wide. So any upgrades bought with crowns on NA stay on NA, but since crowns are sorta account-wide, crowns will deplete on both servers.

ESO+ is also account-wide and imo that much more worth it if playing both servers, you get all the DLCs everywhere without having to pay for them twice.

Hope that helps:)
    Edited by Magdalina on August 31, 2021 11:22PM
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how that works, eh?

Crowns are shared across servers, but what you buy with them is not...
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoDiMageio wrote: »
    Funny how that works, eh?

Crowns are shared across servers, but what you buy with them is not...

Well, it fits the pattern of "things bought outside the game for $ are account-bound".
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The twitch drops are also account wide - so you get all the twitch drop crates on both servers - and turning all the trash they give you into crown gems is often the best way to get outfits.

You can also do the weekly endeavours on each server each day and you get all your daily rewards on each server each day.

In the case of Greymoor even the free house was on both servers (in fact one reason I started playing NA as well was to claim the house ;))

Given many MMOs don't let you play on all their servers without multiple paid accounts I've always treated it as a bonus.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As other people have said the rule is if you buy it outside the game it applies to both servers, if you buy it within the game it only applies to the server you're on.

Anything which goes into the collections menu is available to all characters on that server and any items you buy from the crown store like furnishings or crown food can only be used once but can be used by any character. (For example if you buy crown food the character who bought it can put it in the bank and another can withdraw and use it, but once they've done that it's gone and no other characters can use it.)

The only things I can think of which are only available to the character who buys them are character upgrades like skill lines or bag upgrades. The one I know catches people out is outfit slots, those are character specific too but seem like they'd be an account upgrade.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"