The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Make Guild Stores Zone Wide.

Eliran
Eliran
✭✭✭✭✭
Read before you comment, ty.

I understand the unique concept of guild stores, but I think we should make one simple change.

Just change the guild store bidding to "top X of the week" and then make the entire zone guild stores united, its really getting annoying sometimes to look for an item, you have to scan 5/6 different vendors, scan all over again, stress the server for no actual reason, ending with the same result and above all, waste time.

Example:
If there are 6 vendors in Vivec.
Top 6 bidders will get to post in the Zone Guild Store.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought that I didn’t like it from the title.

I read it.

I like the idea even less.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

I read it.

Same.

To the OP: Tamriel Trading Centre has a site that you can browse. It may or may not be there at that specific guild store when you go to look, but that's the best you're probably ever going to get.
    Edited by Sephyr on August 31, 2021 1:16PM
  • Awnia
    Awnia
    ✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

I read it.

And it's still less of a bad idea than the current guild trader system lmao
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the aesthetic view multiple traders instead of a single trader.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is the way it is and it will always be.
    (Math before coffee, except after 3, is not for me)
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of those topics that brings out the people who reap immense ingame profits from the objectively broken ESO trading system, don't want it messed with, and start instantly with the fallacious rationalizing. Thread certainly delivers so far.

The status quo is good only for those with immense hours upon hours to travel and go through TTC, detrimental to everyone else. So I support OP's idea.

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eliran wrote: »
    Read before you comment, ty.

I understand the unique concept of guild stores, but I think we should make one simple change.

Just change the guild store bidding to "top X of the week" and then make the entire zone guild stores united, its really getting annoying sometimes to look for an item, you have to scan 5/6 different vendors, scan all over again, stress the server for no actual reason, ending with the same result and above all, waste time.

Example:
    If there are 6 vendors in Vivec.
    Top 6 bidders will get to post in the Zone Guild Store.

There are also 3 vendors in Balmora and 3 vendors in Sadrith Mora which are considerably cheaper to bid on than the 6 in Vivec.......

How would you solve that issue?

I don't like the idea to start with but it's also more complicated to achieve than you say @Eliran 🤔
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    This is one of those topics that brings out the people who reap immense ingame profits from the objectively broken ESO trading system, don't want it messed with, and start instantly with the fallacious rationalizing. Thread certainly delivers so far.

The status quo is good only for those with immense hours upon hours to travel and go through TTC, detrimental to everyone else. So I support OP's idea.

Or those of us that like the system because it does a great job in keeping down market barons
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

Could not have said it better myself.
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or those of us that like the system because it does a great job in keeping down market barons

Like, don't like, as a matter of fact and not opinion, absent extreme black swan outliers, more liquidity is always better. If every product and service you use IRL were traded as if in ESO, you would be paying 100-500% more for them.

Of course that's exactly what most of the detractors who turn up in these AH threads want.

ZOS gets more time and gold sink, which is why the broken ESO guild trading system in lieu of a central clearinghouse will sadly remain.

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use TTC and I like the current system.
    The Moot Councillor
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭

This kind of topic is always brought up by people who want to change the system into something they think they can profit from. It is always a self serving motivation.

People just need to accept it as is. It currently works.

If today's update is any indication, changing it could result in the permanent disabling of all trading between players.
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ganzaeso wrote: »
    This kind of topic is always brought up by people who want to change the system into something they think they can profit from. It is always a self serving motivation.

I do 750k to 1 mill a week partially/mostly due to the broken status quo system, could do much more, so no, it isn't always about self-interest. [Snip]

[Edited to remove bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on August 31, 2021 2:59PM
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    My $0.02
    I like vendors all over!

There should be no Amazon in ESO. Just small businesses.

Gotta hunt! Find bargains!

Tamriel Trade helps (great site many thanks)

To mix things up a bidding systems could be fun.

Or a 'Want To Buy' board ...

Tanks,

Z6

• shmity72
    shmity72
    ✭✭
    I've run a social guild since launch. we've had a trader every week minus 3 in the last year from ONLY non obligatory donations. no kidding...

since the new expansion came out i can tell you first hand that trader stalls have become more expensive by the millions.

also note: see that trader stall with hardly anything in it? could it possibly be a large trader guild trying to squelch competition? say it isn't so....

sincerely, shmity
    gm breaker breaker guild
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild Master M.O.D. - “Good news, everyone - our trader bid for Shadowfen was accepted! Buuuuuut - I am sorry to inform you… we got Weeping Wamasu Falls instead of Stormhold.”

S.
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    ganzaeso wrote: »

I do 750k to 1 mill a week partially/mostly due to the broken status quo system, could do much more, so no, it isn't always about self-interest. [Snip].

There is nothing broken about the system. Players who put more time in make more gold. It takes time to find things in the current system, but ZOS does not necessarily have to provide us with a convenient system of trade. It just comes down to people needing to accept how the current system of trade works.

[Snip]

[Edited for removed content]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on August 31, 2021 3:01PM
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deep_01 wrote: »
    I prefer the aesthetic view multiple traders instead of a single trader.

Who says they have to be replaced by a single trader. Could still have the same ones just with shared stock.
    Guild Master M.O.D. - “Good news, everyone - our trader bid for Shadowfen was accepted! Buuuuuut - I am sorry to inform you… we got Weeping Wamasu Falls instead of Stormhold.”

S.

Doesn't have to be the entire zone then. Just combine the hubs. Nobody can tell me that they enjoy running from trader to trader that stand next to each other, hit scan and sit around in between each time.

The traders in a hub already compete, it just saves clicks and waiting times for customers and actually also makes it easier for sellers to list. If someone wants to buy chromium platings in Belkarth for example they typically check all the stores and keep in mind where it was cheapest to buy it there in the end.

This would literally just be QoL and I don't see a single good argument against it in this thread.
    Edited by NupidStoob on August 31, 2021 2:30PM
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will like to see no changes to current trade system, but addition "Want to buy" board! what u think guys?