Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Todays maintenence only for one of bug? Nothing more?

davidtk
davidtk
✭✭✭✭
Hello,
this maintenance was only because of passives after use synergy? So absolutely nothing more from huge list of bugs after months?
Taunt bug nothing? PvP nothing? Other reported bugs, nothing?
There are bugs reported months and ZOS only investigating.
In response to reports where players' passives stopped working in various group content, we are rolling out a hotfix...
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/585107/pc-mac-stadia-hotfix-august-30-passives-not-working-in-group-content#latest
Edited by davidtk on August 31, 2021 12:01PM
Really sorry for my english
  • Toanis
    Toanis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I try to enter any IC campaign I get "Unable to queue for campaign: internal error."

Seems like ZOS also dealt with the complaints about having to PVP for event tickets :p
  • matterandstuff
    matterandstuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not impressed that they haven't fixed the tiny bug that broke the entirety of Clockwork City.
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players won't complain about lags, desyncs and DCs in PVP if you completely disable Cyro and IC :smiley:

ntFDSYR.png
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah well. To make something better you have to break it first right?...right?
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if we will ever have fixes that don't break other things in the process...
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    One bug fixed, fifty more appeared lol.
    But yes, if you dissable PvP you will fix PvP bugs :D
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    And i just bought one thing! :d
    Okay, i am not surprised because when they do maintenance during EVENT EVERY TIME it will happen something like this...
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was hoping they'd fix the Leyawiin Fountain, Round as well. Bought 2 of them and they still aren't working. I know it's just a housing thing but still...
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    bug out bug in
  • Marillea
    Marillea
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah no worries, they are taking the servers down to fix 1 more!
    2 is better than 1, right...?

Jokes aside, passives not working was a pretty nasty bug, so I am glad it has been fixed.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidtk wrote: »
    Hello,
    this maintenance was only because of passives after use synergy? So absolutely nothing more from huge list of bugs after months?
    In response to reports where players' passives stopped working in various group content, we are rolling out a hotfix...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/585107/pc-mac-stadia-hotfix-august-30-passives-not-working-in-group-content#latest

Hey I am waiting for years to get back Red Mountain from inside Amaya Lake Lodge home view, take ticket and wait your turn!
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidtk wrote: »
    Hello,

No, they also wanted to add a new bug so it took slightly longer than expected (please let us queue for cyrodiil xD)
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • MightyShrew
    MightyShrew
    Soul Shriven
    Can I ask when the maintenance will be to fix the game constantly closing. I keep getting *ese64.exe stopped communicating with windows and was shut down* errors in my event viewer, which I never got before the waking flame patch, and now get at least once a day?
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, I thought the NA server was back up. Apparently not.
  • MightyShrew
    MightyShrew
    Soul Shriven
    Hmm, I thought the NA server was back up. Apparently not.

Theres a second maintenance because something happened and the pvp areas were locked to everyone
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kinda a HUGE bug considering the event thats going on includes imperial city
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Real-time footage of ZOS devs trying to fix bugs:

giphy.gif
    Edited by SidraWillowsky on August 31, 2021 1:18PM
  • Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    kinda a HUGE bug considering the event thats going on includes imperial city

True. Being in IC base I've met (randomly) several times note "you're already qued for this campaing" when I was trying to get district by the ladder. And had to pick another district as choosen ladder did'nt allow me to get up
    Edited by Alamakot on August 31, 2021 1:18PM
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Toanis wrote: »
    When I try to enter any IC campaign I get "Unable to queue for campaign: internal error."

Seems like ZOS also dealt with the complaints about having to PVP for event tickets :p

When I'm in IC and attempt to open the trap door to get back into the sewers I get "You are already in the queue for this campaign" error :s
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I wonder if we will ever have fixes that don't break other things in the process...

Nope and that is coding 101. With all the lines and commands that interact at this point it's impossible to 1. Test every possible change / outcome, and 2. Not have something else break.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's worse than that.
    "Unable to queue for campaign: Internal Server Error"
    Players unable to queue for the campaigns!
    Complete wipe of Grey Host Faction Scoreboard
    Complete wipe of Grey Host Leaderboard
    NB: Cryodiil is not a typo!
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can I ask when the maintenance will be to fix the game constantly closing. I keep getting *ese64.exe stopped communicating with windows and was shut down* errors in my event viewer, which I never got before the waking flame patch, and now get at least once a day?

I'd make sure all your stuff is updated, Drivers and Windows updates. You're the only person I've seen mention this which points more to a client side issue than server issue.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carly wrote: »
    I know it's just a housing thing but still...

JUST a housing thing....
    JUST a bug that harms collectors (leads and codex hopelessly gone)
    JUST a bug that harms lorebooks addicted (lots of books impossible to find)

We are the minority compared to those who only care about fighting, I know. But we are no less important. ESO is all this: fighting, PVE, PVP, but also housing, antiquities, achievements, collecting, lorebooks, crafting, and so on.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's downtime was normal maintenance which typically would involve rebooting the servers including any replacement hardware that was installed. If you read the announcement about the hotfix you'll see that it was applied during the maintenance and not as the reason for it.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    its 1 bug per 8 hours of maint.... so be grateful... :*
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today was just regular maintenance. Due to that silly agreement with stadia patch maintenance is every two weeks which really sucks with any DLC release as they usually introduce a lot of stuff we'd like fixed in a week...

Sometimes they make exceptions if things are rather disruptive. The passive bug was pretty gamebreaking so they snuck it in there.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NupidStoob wrote: »
    Today was just regular maintenance. Due to that silly agreement with stadia patch maintenance is every two weeks which really sucks with any DLC release as they usually introduce a lot of stuff we'd like fixed in a week...

Sometimes they make exceptions if things are rather disruptive. The passive bug was pretty gamebreaking so they snuck it in there.

Today was a hotfix to fix the losing your passives bug, as confirmed in a few places online including Twitter.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »
    NupidStoob wrote: »

Today was a hotfix to fix the losing your passives bug, as confirmed in a few places online including Twitter.

The maintenance was announced well ahead of the hotfix. They didn’t take down the servers just for the hotfix — they took advantage of the already scheduled regular server maintenance to implement the hotfix.
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    Real-time footage of ZOS devs trying to fix bugs:

giphy.gif

Amazing gif :)
    PC | EU
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

JUST a housing thing....

We are the minority compared to those who only care about fighting, I know. But we are no less important. ESO is all this: fighting, PVE, PVP, but also housing, antiquities, achievements, collecting, lorebooks, crafting, and so on.

More: housing addicted people are those who keep the game, because they buy expensive houses.
    They are not less important.

JUST a housing thing....

CORRIGE: "(leads and codex hopelessly gone)" not true: today's fix has worked, leads and codex are back.
    Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno and devs, thanks so much !!!!

Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself