The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Friends/Ignored list limit.

Curious_Death
Curious_Death
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello!
[snip] I think there is a BIG NEED to have at least 500 friends and whats more important IGNORED LIST expanded.
Played PVP and got alot of deathwishes, tbags - these ppl didnt got banned, at least pls let me ignore them coz after 5 yrs of playing ... my ignore list is full.
Imagine that accounts have unique track ID that CANNOT BE CHANGED - yes. Some toxic ppl playing PVP have alt accounts - where they input ur account with with note, example @mr.xyz - the soloplayer thats needs to be harassed for defeating us - 1 vs our 3 apes. I changed id and i was suprised getting whisper like : i know u re @mr.xyz we will never let u have fun and will always tryhard ur ..backbone. I think this way id change is pointless. Whats more important how ppl deathwishing some1 still playing? HOW YOU CAN EVEN SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS? My mom, family got cancer wishes and deaths - i reported ... quess what... i still see this ppl playing day after day. Why ppl who re skilled are treated like worst kind of players? Why the worst kind of toxic players are the one who re seen by most as best?

[edited for baiting]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 31, 2021 12:57PM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This again :)

It needs to be number of 'ESO Acounts'-1 :wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    This again :)

It needs to be number of 'ESO Acounts'-1 :wink:

[snip]

your solution doesn't work :smile:
    "Imagine that accounts have unique track ID that CANNOT BE CHANGED - yes. Some toxic ppl playing PVP have alt accounts - where they input ur account with with note, example @mr.xyz - the soloplayer thats needs to be harassed for defeating us - 1 vs our 3 apes. I changed id and i was suprised getting whisper like : i know u re @mr.xyz we will never let u have fun and will always tryhard ur ..backbone."

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 31, 2021 12:58PM
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw.
    Two of my pvp mates - left the game coz they had enough of hate that flood ur chat when u play PVP good.
    100 isnt enough.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only toxic behaviour I did ever encounter in PvP was in battlegrounds,however I can see that people who play a long time in cyrodiil do get this more often.I dont really know how many people you can have on the ignore list but friendlist is very limited yes and should get extended,and they could extended with it the ignore list as well.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just clear out your ignore list and ignore the ones you encounter in the zone your in that are currently bothering you.

If you don't want to get rid of the entire list make sure to put a note next to the worst ones and leave them on your ignore list.

While removing the ones that just said something that annoyed you enough to put them on your list but have not hounded you freeing up space for the next such person you encounter.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The numbers in the game aren't that bad.

But: The ignore list for the forum needs to be a lot bigger. Right now it's only a bit more than a handful.
    Edited by joerginger on August 31, 2021 11:07AM
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wipe my ignore list once a week, seems to work. Plus I refuse to engage with vexatious people why give them what they desire. Ignore move on, make space.
  • Doc45
    Doc45
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how you play, but after 5 years of playing, I have no one on my ignore list. It could be worth making a new tab that doesn't show whispers (or zone chat, guild chat...whatever you don't feel like reading while engaged in whatever activity). Can't remember if that's a Pchat add-on thing though or standard. Yeah, when you change ID, there are ways to track the change (helps when guilds blacklist someone), but it's hard to imagine anyone in the game having to change their ID simply because they play well. Seems like an easy problem to solve using the suggestions provided without expanding the ignore list for the rest of the player population that is not facing a similar problem.

Other than that, would follow up on any reports you've made. If a couple players (again, can't imagine it's over 100 or more than even a handful) are griefing you, it's a violation of TOS, so follow up until you get a resolution. In the meantime, removing the others that didn't violate the TOS should free up plenty of space.
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doc45 wrote: »
    Not sure how you play, but after 5 years of playing, I have no one on my ignore list. It could be worth making a new tab that doesn't show whispers (or zone chat, guild chat...whatever you don't feel like reading while engaged in whatever activity). Can't remember if that's a Pchat add-on thing though or standard. Yeah, when you change ID, there are ways to track the change (helps when guilds blacklist someone), but it's hard to imagine anyone in the game having to change their ID simply because they play well. Seems like an easy problem to solve using the suggestions provided without expanding the ignore list for the rest of the player population that is not facing a similar problem.

Other than that, would follow up on any reports you've made. If a couple players (again, can't imagine it's over 100 or more than even a handful) are griefing you, it's a violation of TOS, so follow up until you get a resolution. In the meantime, removing the others that didn't violate the TOS should free up plenty of space.

ye, i will needs to use some chat addons - and make own additional ignore list, but after 5yrs i have 271 ppl acc name saved as old friends who wasnt offline ~4 months since my friends list is full also.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Console gets 20 player block from piggybacking off PSN, I have repeatedly asked for a real ignore list on console like PC.

I do not need to block their PSN messages, just remove them from zone chat.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Over the years I have found that ignoring whispers during PvP takes care of the situation. They tend to move on and leave me alone if I do not reply.

Just a suggestion as it goes a long way to prevent needing to deal with an ignore list.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    The numbers in the game aren't that bad.

But: The ignore list for the forum needs to be a lot bigger. Right now it's only a bit more than a handful.

Agreed. The forum tools to prevent engagement from people you don't want to engage with are extremely limited and I've mentioned this specific issue to @ZOS_Kevin directly.
  • Chips_Ahoy
    Chips_Ahoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll never understand why that kind of thing affects some players so much, you don't even know it.

That kind of messages (death threats and cancer wishes) make me laugh.

I try to make them even angrier, it's very funny how they get mad at something as stupid as a video game.
    Edited by Chips_Ahoy on September 1, 2021 6:29AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Over the years I have found that ignoring whispers during PvP takes care of the situation. They tend to move on and leave me alone if I do not reply.

Just a suggestion as it goes a long way to prevent needing to deal with an ignore list.

I get hate whispers very rarely. They don’t bother me.

There are certain people in my faction in Cyrodiil that purposely post useless stuff to clog up zone text chat and make callouts constantly scroll off the screen. They purposely do it to interfere with communication and cooperation.

I can’t block more than 20 and that’s not enough.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate whispers are the reason I pvp. Nothing more satisfying when they rage after I ganked them lol.
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am disappointed that reports of Harassment result only in ZOS sending a robot-mail explaining that offending players may be placed on one's "Ignore" list. But that's their policy. (I would prefer that players who explicitly and provably violate the Terms of Service get banned for a few days.) As such, ZOS should definitely raise the limit of the Ignore List. When I play Cyrodiil PvP, I go "offline" to avoid all whispers. Unfortunately, this blocks whispers from friends and allies, as well as from annoying toxic players. But that's what's required, so that's what I do. As someone else mentioned: I also delete the entire Ignore List from time to time. That seems to work well. It seems that previously Ignored players frequently move on and are never encountered again. And also as someone mentioned: It is best that one never replies to toxic players. That's what they live for. They feel thrilled whenever they get a response. Don't give them a thrill: don't respond.
    Edited by HumbleThaumaturge on September 7, 2021 1:54PM
  • Awnia
    Awnia
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that at least the ignore list's limit should be extended by quite a bit. Hitting 100 is super easy if you don't wanna see run sellers/foreign guild advertisements (bonus points if it's a language that has their own zone chat) every minute in zone chat. (Of course you can turn off the zone chat.. but if you enjoy having actual conversations in there, you're kinda F'd in that case.)
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe stop calling people apes and you won’t get hate messages.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello!
    [snip] I think there is a BIG NEED to have at least 500 friends and whats more important IGNORED LIST expanded.
    Played PVP and got alot of deathwishes, tbags - these ppl didnt got banned, at least pls let me ignore them coz after 5 yrs of playing ... my ignore list is full.
    Imagine that accounts have unique track ID that CANNOT BE CHANGED - yes. Some toxic ppl playing PVP have alt accounts - where they input ur account with with note, example @mr.xyz - the soloplayer thats needs to be harassed for defeating us - 1 vs our 3 apes. I changed id and i was suprised getting whisper like : i know u re @mr.xyz we will never let u have fun and will always tryhard ur ..backbone. I think this way id change is pointless. Whats more important how ppl deathwishing some1 still playing? HOW YOU CAN EVEN SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS? My mom, family got cancer wishes and deaths - i reported ... quess what... i still see this ppl playing day after day. Why ppl who re skilled are treated like worst kind of players? Why the worst kind of toxic players are the one who re seen by most as best?

[edited for baiting]

It makes total sense to me that you have managed to fill up your ignore list after reading that.... thing.... As someone with zero people on my ignore list despite mainly doing PvP and getting a fair share of hate whispers from people I kill or annoy because nightblade, I feel sorry for you and your need to be offended. The game does not need a bigger ignore list, if you have 500 people on it that's an indicator that you're the problem, not the 500 people you've ignored.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two of my guild disbanded and in order to stay in contact with everyone who was still playing, I added them as friends. Having to fit two guilds into my friendlist makes it really difficult to add new people you meet every day.

Also once you start using the ingame notes for everyone, it's actually really easy to remember all 100 of your friends, what you did with them and how you met etc. The majority of my friendslist still plays actively and the ones that don't are IRL friends.

Make it 200 at least.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have anyone ignored so I can't check this myself, but when you hover an ignored player's name does it show how long it's been since they logged in last like the friends list does? If so you could safely remove players who haven't logged on for a long time.
    PCNA
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    500 friends?? I just trimmed my list down to about 20. There were so many who friended and then I never heard from them again.

I've only ignored one person, a guildie who was unbearable.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to be honest, the only people I have on ignore list are the people spamming weapon / trial run / title sells in any zone where I encounter them. Pvp whispers don't bother me in the slightest, since well... that is just the way a lot of pvp goes sometimes.

But the spamming sellers? I have already hit the ignore max amazingly, so yeah I would be happy to see this increased.