The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why GloomSpore Crates!?!

Radiance
Radiance
✭✭✭✭✭
They've returned more recently than many of the other older crate seasons. I've been waiting for the Storm Atronach crates to come back again and would at least like to know if that will happen or if old seasons are being retired after a while? We just had Wild Hunt return not too long ago and that was like the second season after Storms but i dont recall the last time Storm Crates came back!

Please, I'm losing patience and this month in crown store is just awful IMO.

EDIT: Suppose I should say Next month as I am referring to the September showcase for those who've missed it, it hasn't yet been posted to forum stickies but it's up on the website.
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/60831
Edited by Radiance on August 31, 2021 12:49AM
  • Canperial35
    Canperial35
    ✭✭✭
    I think it hasn't been too long since storm atronach crates returned to store, like almost a year ago? Correct me if I'm wrong. So there are some other crates that haven't been in store for longer than that. But I totally agree with gloomspore crates and next month's store. There's nothing interesting.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    September must be the month for the new crate season so there's still something to look forward to.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am waiting since 2 years for the Aldmeri Grotto to come back,and Thieves Oasis was somewhat released last year,yet it returns this year already again while the house I mentioned is off the store for more then 2 years by now.
    With Zos you need A LOT of patience and I am losing mine too.

PS: Imo crown store isnt as bad as in August,but still almost nothing I am looking for apart from the Maiq.
    Edited by Lady_Galadhiel on August 31, 2021 9:39AM
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure the Aldmeri Grotto was available one year ago during the Summerset celebration.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »
    I am pretty sure the Aldmeri Grotto was available one year ago during the Summerset celebration.

No it was not:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58439

Nor in August that year:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58549

Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • LittleBarti
    LittleBarti
    ✭✭
    I dream about new moon crates.. I have money and can't spend it ! They need to think about changes like contact via mail and purchasing what do you want. It was possible in the past.
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked up the gloomspore crate rewards and they seemed pretty meh.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Folkb wrote: »
    I looked up the gloomspore crate rewards and they seemed pretty meh.

That's how I remember them :)
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just bought the Nighthaunt Gloomspore Mount a few months ago for 800 crown gems.

FsINX15.png

This is one of my favorite mounts in the game.

Not sure I actually want any of the Gloomspore Crate mounts when I already have Nighthaunt.
    PC NA
  • Aelsioln
    Aelsioln
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I don't even understand why they limit the timeframe you can buy certain crates (or Crown items in general). You'd think they'd make more money just leaving the entire list up for sale at all times.

Have to agree though that Gloomspore are pretty "meh". Gonna just save my Crowns for the Grim Harlequin set.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aelsioln wrote: »
    Honestly I don't even understand why they limit the timeframe you can buy certain crates (or Crown items in general). You'd think they'd make more money just leaving the entire list up for sale at all times.

Have to agree though that Gloomspore are pretty "meh". Gonna just save my Crowns for the Grim Harlequin set.

The theory is they get more impulse buys and 'fear of missing out' this way.

Stuff that's available forever ... many people would put off buying it because they can just do so later.

Same concept as any limited time offer, and advertising periodic sales, etc. used in almost any industry.
    PC NA
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The gloomspore arms are one of my favorite designs in the game.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's honestly so random, i am sort of glad they released it however as i did never complete my gloomspore weapon set which now i have. I am still waiting on the Frost Atronach crates to return however, hopefully this Christmas.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    I requested it in the general crownstore wishlist sticky thread of this forum. And I'm actually kinda sad because I've been grinding endeavors and I can afford the bow in a few more days--

But now I'm worried they'll release one of the other things I asked for, but for like 16,000 seals--and I won't be able to buy it. I'd rather just pay 5,000 crowns for one of the mounts I was looking for:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/dark-opaline-steed/

I'd pay maybe 4,000 crowns for that gloomspore Gaur, but they keep losing money from me by hiding them behind crates \o/
    Edited by Syrpynt on September 8, 2021 6:10AM
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »
    I requested it in the general crownstore wishlist sticky thread of this forum. And I'm actually kinda sad because I've been grinding endeavors and I can afford the bow in a few more days--

But now I'm worried they'll release one of the other things I asked for, but for like 16,000 seals--and I won't be able to buy it. I'd rather just pay 5,000 crowns for one of the mounts I was looking for:

I'd pay maybe 4,000 crowns for that gloomspore Gaur, but they keep losing money from me by hiding them behind crates \o/

The Dark Opaline Steed was a Radiant Apex Mount, so if they brought it back (Along with the Frost Atronach Crates it comes from), it would indeed cost 16,000 Seals or 1,600 Gems (it's the "medium" rarity Radiant Apex from those Crates).

They're not going to change that. They want you to buy crates. They make more money from folks that buy Crates than they lose from those that don't.

Your "threats" of not buying would fall completely on deaf ears.
  • es4eva
    es4eva
    ✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

I picked up the staff...looks good with Sanctuary orbs on my healer
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Uggh...

Keep ALL crates in the store...

Then "people" can gamble on what they actually want....

Again, and as for the last 2 crate things....

NOT one thing I'd waste my crowns on....

So there is that....

Pretty sure I'm not the only one...
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »

The Dark Opaline Steed was a Radiant Apex Mount, so if they brought it back (Along with the Frost Atronach Crates it comes from), it would indeed cost 16,000 Seals or 1,600 Gems (it's the "medium" rarity Radiant Apex from those Crates).

They're not going to change that. They want you to buy crates. They make more money from folks that buy Crates than they lose from those that don't.

You're probably right, but they can't quite have a game completely funded by whales. I think they underestimate their playerbase. This game also charges far more for aesthetics than most MMO's. Not arguing against your point, but I don't think they've done the actual math because they've never released "Apex mounts" for direct purchase in yearssss. So they don't even have current population research data!

[snip]

And I may actually give up the gloomspore bow to wait for 1 of the 2 to 3 apex mounts I actually liked since crates released. If they want more money from me and others, they'll offer direct purchases for items that were/are crate releases from over 2 years ago.

[edited for conspiracy theory]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 12, 2021 4:30PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're probably right, but they can't quite have a game completely funded by whales. I think they underestimate their playerbase. This game also charges far more for aesthetics than most MMO's. Not arguing against your point, but I don't think they've done the actual math because they've never released "Apex mounts" for direct purchase in yearssss. So they don't even have current population research data!

[snip]

And I may actually give up the gloomspore bow to wait for 1 of the 2 to 3 apex mounts I actually liked since crates released. If they want more money from me and others, they'll offer direct purchases for items that were/are crate releases from over 2 years ago.

We have never been able to directly purchase apex mounts, less so radiant ones. Only recently do we have the option to buy them for gems and now also seals of endeavours.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 12, 2021 4:31PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

We have never been able to directly purchase apex mounts, less so radiant ones. Only recently do we have the option to buy them for gems and now also seals of endeavours.

Ahh yes. "Radiant", "Apex"--all the same to me. Does the bear or wolf have a special effect glow and animation? Apex. So I consider my Flaming Senche and Red-Eyed Wolf to be Radiant/Apex or whatever.

Either way, we used to be able to purchase those types of mounts, then they were shoved behind a secondary paywall that caters to players who literally 'spend' their life on ESO, rather than the majority of casuals who can easily afford these costumes/emotes/outfits/mounts/pets for direct buy. To sum it up.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 12, 2021 4:32PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed! For my tastes, I don’t like a lot of most crates, but Ayleid and nature magic are the two exceptions and I wish that I could get the Gloomspore staff and bow.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

Ahh yes. "Radiant", "Apex"--all the same to me. Does the bear or wolf have a special effect glow and animation? Apex. So I consider my Flaming Senche and Red-Eyed Wolf to be Radiant/Apex or whatever.

Either way, we used to be able to purchase those types of mounts, then they were shoved behind a secondary paywall that caters to players who literally 'spend' their life on ESO, rather than the majority of casuals who can easily afford these costumes/emotes/outfits/mounts/pets for direct buy. To sum it up.

Just because you have your own idea of a definition doesn't change historical facts. We have NEVER been able to buy Apex Mounts, Radiant or otherwise, outside of using Crown Gems or Seals.

And not all Apex Mounts have a glow effect to them. The mounts from Dwarven, Hollowjack, Xanmeer, Dragonscale, Baandari, Frost Atronach, Nightfall, Akaviri, Ayleid, and the upcoming Grim Harlequin Crates all lack a glow effect outside of temporary activation like rearing up or roaring.

The "defining" aspect of a mount being Apex is it visually being a thematic match for it's Crate. And that it can ONLY be found in a Crate. Nothing else.

The Doom Wolf, for example is not Apex, because it didn't come from a "Doom" Crate. It can glow and have all the particle effects in the world. But facts are facts.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 12, 2021 4:33PM
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭

Just because you have your own idea of a definition doesn't change historical facts. We have NEVER been able to buy Apex Mounts, Radiant or otherwise, outside of using Crown Gems or Seals...

...The "defining" aspect of a mount being Apex is it visually being a thematic match for it's Crate. And that it can ONLY be found in a Crate. Nothing else.

The Doom Wolf, for example is not Apex, because it didn't come from a "Doom" Crate. It can glow and have all the particle effects in the world. But facts are facts.

Oh well. The origin doesn't matter to me, and my doom wolf and flame senche are just as good as the Apex mounts visually. Probably why they stopped selling those in store--people wouldn't buy crates if themed items sold outside of crates! Hahaha

I wanted the gloomspore gaur but the endeavor seals are too much. I'll be lucky to get 1 "apex" mount a year through grinding, since I work a full time job, 2 part time jobs, and run a business. Sadly I still lack the money to blow off on crates--I'll wait for the day that crates suffer sales and they resort to direct purchases. I may wait forever. ~o~
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because you have your own idea of a definition doesn't change historical facts. We have NEVER been able to buy Apex Mounts, Radiant or otherwise, outside of using Crown Gems or Seals...

...The "defining" aspect of a mount being Apex is it visually being a thematic match for it's Crate. And that it can ONLY be found in a Crate. Nothing else.

Oh well. The origin doesn't matter to me, and my doom wolf and flame senche are just as good as the Apex mounts visually. Probably why they stopped selling those in store--people wouldn't buy crates if themed items sold outside of crates! Hahaha

I wanted the gloomspore gaur but the endeavor seals are too much. I'll be lucky to get 1 "apex" mount a year through grinding, since I work a full time job, 2 part time jobs, and run a business. Sadly I still lack the money to blow off on crates--I'll wait for the day that crates suffer sales and they resort to direct purchases. I may wait forever. ~o~

They still sell ugly glowy mounts outside crates. You can also buy apex and radiant apex mounts with seals of endevours now which doesn't cost you any real life money.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agreed! For my tastes, I don’t like a lot of most crates, but Ayleid and nature magic are the two exceptions and I wish that I could get the Gloomspore staff and bow.

The bow and mace are a permanent part of my main's primary outfit. I think it pairs well with the Troll King arms (same green glow) since they only give us one one-handed weapon.
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugly glowy mounts

Thanks for the chuckle and agreed. [snip] ESO premium mounts remind me of those cars with spinning hubcaps seen on the street from time to time. No thanks.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 12, 2021 4:35PM
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

God i want that mount so much...come on zooos give us frost atro crates soon please!