The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hate to be that guy, but queuing for Cyrodiil while in IC makes IC a worse experience.

Ratzkifal
Ratzkifal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I admit I have been doing it myself, but let's be real, this can't continue and it's making the Imperial City a worse experience for everyone.

As we know, the Imperial City is a mixed content zone that combines both PvP and PvE.
PvE is encouraged by offering Telvar stones as a reward. PvP is encouraged by allowing you to take Telvar stones from other players after you kill them.
However I have been playing a bunch of Imperial City and I have noticed that the current system not only encourages ganking (which is fine) but makes it so rewarding for gankers while removing all the risk for them, that ganking has become pretty much the dominant and only valid playstyle there.

Here is the play pattern I have observed gankers follow in Imperial City:
  1. find a target
  2. wait for an opportunity to attack
  3. kill the target
  4. queue for Cyrodiil and bank all the Telvar stones gained
  5. queue for IC again
  6. repeat, with no risk attached
Since you can queue for a Cyrodiil campaign from anywhere in the Imperial City, the Sigil of Imperial Retreat is made obsolete as long as there is one campaign that isn't pop-locked and there usually is one or one with a very small queue. You do not even have to do the whole teleporting animation that makes you visible for its duration and you can even stay on one of the doors between districts while waiting for the queue. There is no risk involved for gankers! You can countergank but nobody does it, because gankers never carry any telvars even if they have been continuously killing other players for hours, so it's just not worth it.
It's completely fine if gankers bank half of their Telvar loot once someone finally killed them, but they do not need to wait for that to happen nor do they have to risk getting ganked on their way to the base - they can bank all of it at any time. Thanks to the improved load times, the only noticeable performance improvement that happened so far, this method of saving Telvars has become extremely time efficient - meaning ganking has become more time efficient as well. Meanwhile farming takes time, because most PvP setups aren't that great at melting bosses while PvE setups generally are a free kill and all that time spent fighting you are completely visible and vulnerable to ganks.
I have had multiple instances of me dying to a gank at a quest objective, respawning, predictably heading back to the quest objective immediately, unsurprisingly finding the same ganker there, getting a revenge kill, only for me to get zero telvars for it, despite me losing a ton seconds earlier, because they've been to Cyrodiil and back faster than I could respawn. This is because when you die in a district owned by another faction and you choose "respawn", you are thrown into a district your faction does own, so you get an additional loading screen for entering the sewer base, which means together with the loading screen upon dying and the loading screen for heading back into the right district with your quest and the stupid bug of "you are already queued for that campaign" when trying to use the damn ladders, you had the same number of loading screens as the ganker banking your stones, but likely wasted even more time than them.
People aren't even bothering to farm regular IC district NPCs anymore and only literal ungankable gods-at-the-game or large groups of players dare to take down those district bosses, because anyone else will just get ganked and lose half their Telvar with no hopes of getting even a single one back even upon successfully getting revenge immediately after. When the risks are considered, farming isn't worth it at all while ganking has no downsides, even if you are a terrible ganker.

How to fix this? Well, I do not think a cooldown on queuing like for Battlegrounds and Dungeons should be a thing for Cyrodiil or IC. Often enough you want to check out how things are in different campaigns before you decide where you will stay. But making queuing from IC only possible in the sewer base or perhaps even banning to queue from IC at all... that would be great. The reverse - queueing from Cyrodiil to IC - doesn't affect either mode negatively so that should definitely stay.
I know this would also affect Telvar farmers who kill a boss and then do the same trick to stash the stones immediately, but I honestly feel that is a price worth paying. Gankers have it too easy right now and gankers having it easy automatically makes it worse on people trying to farm. So hopefully if the risk to ganking and the reward for denying a gank or getting revenge on a ganker are reestablished, ganking will become less prevalent and farmers will return until a healthy population balance between gankers and farmers is restored. Hopefully.

Edit: A 50% telvar loss upon queuing to leave would also do the trick, even if that takes Telvars out of circulation and denies people their revenge.
Edited by Ratzkifal on August 31, 2021 4:27PM
This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IC is trash and I would rather settle for 1 event ticket a day than have to go there, and I PVP almost daily. I am a bit bent that on this event, with 3 zones included, you don't get to pick the two you want tickets from and are forced to IC for one of the tickets. Had this been done right, almost everyone would be doing Wrothgar / Craglorn to get their tickets, myself included before I queued into Cyro.

There is absolutely zero point in forcing people into IC, it is almost universally hated and almost no one ever went there and decided this was a great place to spend their game time, except gankers. Cyro on the other hand, my guild holds numerous events per week and one in particular is geared towards earning T1 for the transmute rewards. It is very popular and a good number of folks that came out simply for that, and were sketchy about PVP in general, decided to keep playing in Cyro, because despite the lag and occasional broken sets, it is actually fun and rewarding!
    Edited by Kwoung on August 31, 2021 12:14AM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good post, however inconvenient it may sound, I agree in the long haul it would be healthier for IC, and for me it would restore some of its old charm.

I think being able to queue up from IC should definitely remain, since it's nice to have a "waiting room" for Cyro, but if you leave IC via a queue, you should lose all the Tel-Var in your inventory. The risk of loss can help to create engaging gameplay, as in some survival MMOs. Back in the day I had a lot of fun during suspenseful trans-sewer journeys loaded with Tel-Var. If you have lots of Tel-Var and you're in queue, playing casually in IC, pay attention to your spot or you'll lose it all if you take the queue before you've banked the Tel-var. Not the intended purpose of adding what I've described but I think it would be a manageable consequence.

Also add an AP Leaderboard. This would give gankers and anti-gankers something interesting to do besides farming Tel-Var. Mayoralty / Bürgermeisterschaft instead of Emperorship.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BTW, the reason the ganker ported out and back before the OP, was the ganker was already queued for Cyro before he attacked and probably poofed almost immediately after the attack. Even in an empty campaign, there is a predictable delay before you port, which can be used to your advantage. Even a failed gank and you are chased, simply run around a corner and poof, you are gone, leaving the chasers wondering where you went and blowing all their see invis potions/skills looking for someone who isn't even in the zone anymore.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    IC is trash and I would rather settle for 1 event ticket a day than have to go there, and I PVP almost daily. I am a bit bent that on this event, with 3 zones included, you don't get to pick the two you want tickets from and are forced to IC for one of the tickets. Had this been done right, almost everyone would be doing Wrothgar / Craglorn to get their tickets, myself included before I queued into Cyro.

There is absolutely zero point in forcing people into IC, it is almost universally hated and almost no one ever went there and decided this was a great place to spend their game time, except gankers. Cyro on the other hand, my guild holds numerous events per week and one in particular is geared towards earning T1 for the transmute rewards. It is very popular and a good number of folks that came out simply for that, and were sketchy about PVP in general, decided to keep playing in Cyro, because despite the lag and occasional broken sets, it is actually fun and rewarding!

Sad to hear you say that, because that definitely wasn't always the case. IC used to be a very enjoyable time, but now it is just no more than 12 good players per campaign (so 24 in total) stomping everyone else or large zergs running around to kill bosses.
    IC definitely benefits from having more than just two campaigns because given the size, it just can't support that many players and if farmers can't avoid getting ganked by switching campaign to a more quiet version, then gankers have it even easier.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, the reason the ganker ported out and back before the OP, was the ganker was already queued for Cyro before he attacked and probably poofed almost immediately after the attack. Even in an empty campaign, there is a predictable delay before you port, which can be used to your advantage. Even a failed gank and you are chased, simply run around a corner and poof, you are gone, leaving the chasers wondering where you went and blowing all their see invis potions/skills looking for someone who isn't even in the zone anymore.

No, that wasn't it. Our fight was way longer than a minute (I am not so dumb as to try and farm/quest on a squishy build, so it took them a while to kill me), so there was no way they had queued before the fight. But what you describe is definitely also possible. This wasn't it though.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

No, that wasn't it. Our fight was way longer than a minute (I am not so dumb as to try and farm/quest on a squishy build, so it took them a while to kill me), so there was no way they had queued before the fight. But what you describe is definitely also possible. This wasn't it though.

Ahh, I have seen them do that though, especially bombers, as they have 1 shot and a very predictable timeframe in which it happens.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a ganker, I've avoided that tactic to queue for Cyrodiil just to bank my Tel Var because I see it as an exploit and I don't wanna get the banhammer. My friends won't, BUT...

There are a good majority that does this quite often. Gankers mostly, but there's loads that do it because it's faster than the Imperial Retreat consumable sometimes.

In regards to the IC though, I miss the good ol' days before the districts and it was the only way to get v14-v16 gear. Those were the best. Feels like the end of an era.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »
    As a ganker, I've avoided that tactic to queue for Cyrodiil just to bank my Tel Var because I see it as an exploit and I don't wanna get the banhammer. My friends won't, BUT...

There are a good majority that does this quite often. Gankers mostly, but there's loads that do it because it's faster than the Imperial Retreat consumable sometimes.

In regards to the IC though, I miss the good ol' days before the districts and it was the only way to get v14-v16 gear. Those were the best. Feels like the end of an era.

Yeah, IC sewers was the best method to level, back when your alts wouldn't jump to CP160 automatically and veteran ranks were still a thing. There were players constantly farming the sewers for both XP and key fragments. With gankers and players passing through on their way to the middle, it was somewhat of a PvE horror game down there. I miss those times. There are still traces of that left when you are going solo, but if you are a player with average skill, like me, going solo in IC is a bad time waiting to happen...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using /stuck costs half your Tel Var, just like dying does. I think losing half or more of your Tel Var for queuing seems a good deterrent for using the Cyrodiil queue frivolously.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using /stuck costs half your Tel Var, just like dying does. I think losing half or more of your Tel Var for queuing seems a good deterrent for using the Cyrodiil queue frivolously.

That would also work, but ideally people would just go to their sewer base when they want to leave, like the game intended, or use a Sigil you brought.
    At this point it might be worth pointing out that entering the Imperial City Prison dungeon also takes you out of the Imperial City for free, but that isn't as bad as the queuing.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would also work, but ideally people would just go to their sewer base when they want to leave, like the game intended, or use a Sigil you brought.
    At this point it might be worth pointing out that entering the Imperial City Prison dungeon also takes you out of the Imperial City for free, but that isn't as bad as the queuing.

ESO support actually recommends using the dungeon method. https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37229/~/how-do-i-leave-the-imperial-city?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I queue for Cyrodiil and get put in a waiting list, I go to IC to farm coffers while I wait. I shouldn't have to lose tel var when it's my turn to go to Cyrodiil.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno about the gankers, since I’m a PvE gankee who only goes to IC during events for tickets. But *I* need that port to Cyrodiil to get the heck out of IC after my 10th attempt at finishing a quest with whatever tiny number of Telvar I have left. I hide in a corner somewhere and queue for the emptiest campaign in Cyro, hoping I’ll make it out of there before getting targeted again. It’s the only way out of that hellish ruined city that I know of, other than dying yet again.
    Edited by DarcyMardin on August 31, 2021 12:08PM
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks, I am no ganker and use that method all the time, do quest in a distict, port away, do quest in another district.
    I have no intention to roam the steets to feed those wannabe gankers.
    Edited by Marcus_Aurelius on August 31, 2021 6:49AM
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <EDIT- Ignore this, I was mistaken about the cost of the stones>

The actual fix for this should be, to lower the cost and cast time of the Imperial Retreat token considerably. I get the Cyro version free constantly in my RotW emails, so am never short on them. But I will be damned if I am going to spend what equates to approximately 80-100K gold in IC, to achieve the same result as I get for free in Cyrodiil.

Does ZOS even have the slightest clue what it takes for the average Joe to even make 10k Telvar, never mind what it is worth when converted to Hakeijo's? If those stone sold for maybe 2k gold (not Telvar), they would be worthwhile and probably become a decent gold sink, as they sit now, you would have to be an idiot to buy one.

Edited by Kwoung on August 31, 2021 5:31PM
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retreat stones are only 10k alliance points. The same thing can be achieved with port stones. I guess at least that way you have to buy something, but the end result is the same as porting out to cyrodiil, and the gankers have plenty of AP to spare for stones.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

If I queue for Cyrodiil and get put in a waiting list, I go to IC to farm coffers while I wait. I shouldn't have to lose tel var when it's my turn to go to Cyrodiil.

How about charging you 10k AP, the cost of using a Sigil of Imperial Retreat to get out with all your Tel Var intact?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The actual fix for this should be, to lower the cost and cast time of the Imperial Retreat token considerably. I get the Cyro version free constantly in my RotW emails, so am never short on them. But I will be damned if I am going to spend what equates to approximately 80-100K gold in IC, to achieve the same result as I get for free in Cyrodiil.

Does ZOS even have the slightest clue what it takes for the average Joe to even make 10k Telvar, never mind what it is worth when converted to Hakeijo's? If those stone sold for maybe 2k gold (not Telvar), they would be worthwhile and probably become a decent gold sink, as they sit now, you would have to be an idiot to buy one.

Sigils cost 10k AP, and Alliance Points are considerably easier to come by for anyone who does a smidgen of PVP once in a while.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sigils cost 10k AP, and Alliance Points are considerably easier to come by for anyone who does a smidgen of PVP once in a while.

It's the equivalent of capturing 7 districts in IC.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

If you queue for Cyrodiil before entering IC, that should be alright. The problem is that people are queuing up after they entered IC for an easy escape.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno about the gankers, since I’m a PvE gankee who only goes to IC during events for tickets. But *I* need that port to Cyrodiil to get the heck out of IC after my 10th attempt at finishing a quest with whatever tiny number of Telvar I have left. I hide in a corner somewhere and queue for the emptiest campaign in Cyro, hoping I’ll make it out of there before getting targeted again. It’s the only way out of that hellish ruined city that I know of, other than dying yet again.
    No thanks, I am no ganker and use that method all the time, do quest in a distict, port away, do quest in another district.
    I have no intention to roam the steets to feed those wannabe gankers.

And that is not how Imperial City was designed. You want to have your cake and eat it too.
    PvP is part of the Imperial City experience - that's just how it is. Ganking and getting ganked is part of that, but Imperial City was never intended to be a yolo mode for gankers. In Cyrodiil if you gank you have to play the riding simulator again should you die and you can't just retreat to an allied keep instantly unless you got one of the Keep Recall stones on you. Imperial City would be the same if nobody was excluded from the threat of losing their hard earned Telvar, like it was intended, whether they earned them through ganking or farming. While both farmers and gankers are benefitting from this, gankers gain a disproportionately large advantage here, which in turn means that farmers are losing.
    Right now Imperial City is a pool of sharks waiting for someone stupid enough to walk the plank and try to farm there. Killing a shark might mean you live a while longer, but that won't last and you are still in a pool of sharks and got nothing to show for it. Instead Imperial City should be more like a gladiatorial arena where gladiators can actually win against the lions and earn glory (and telvar).

We need more permanent IC campaigns and for either a 50% Telvar loss or an outright ban on queueing for Cyrodiil while in IC.
  • Sirvaleen
    Sirvaleen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since when is it considered an exploit ? And used by gankers only ?

I ask, because I don't want to use a simple game mechanic if it's considered as an exploit, but that's actually how I convinced some PVE-Only friends to do the IC quests this event. Take all the quests, go down in the City to complete them sneakily in a rotation and GTHOOD by queuing to Cyro. Less stressful.

If it's not intended, ZoS can add a TV cost (the TV equivalent of the 10k AP cost of a stone) but completely prevent that use ? Bad idea, it's already hard enough to get people there IMHO.
    Edited by Sirvaleen on August 31, 2021 2:15PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the equivalent of capturing 7 districts in IC.

Heh, that makes it sound harder than it is.

Or two 3rd place Battlegrounds matches.
    Or one 2nd or 1st place BG match.
    Or capturing 2 keeps, not counting extra AP from player deaths.
    Or capturing 7 resources, which generally have more guards than the IC district flags, but reward the same AP.
    Or 5 PVP daily quests like "Kill 20 of X class Players" or "Capture X Keep".

Since AP is doubled during Midyear Mayhem, anyone who participates in the above activities can get the same AP for even less effort.

So, okay, maybe my scale is a bit skewed by the fact that I like PVP, and so I have millions in AP coming out of my ears.

But the above are basic activities for anyone who's actually participating in PVP fighting at objectives and gamemodes that reward larger amounts of AP, as opposed to doing a fast scouting mission or quick Arena daily to get their event tickets and get out. Which is why, very shortly after I started to actually PVP, I had AP coming out of my ears long before I ever went to Imperial City.

Now, sure, many PVE-only players are going to look at that list and think "You want me to do what?!" Point is that if you actually PVP, instead of trying to get in and get out as fast as possible, you get lots of AP, which makes Sigils of Imperial Retreat very affordable.

If ZOS wanted to make Sigils more accessible for PVE-only players who avoid PVP like the Plague except when they want event rewards, ZOS could consider offering the Sigil for gold. But until they decide to do that, AP it is. Personally, if I needed AP for Sigils of Imperial Retreat and I needed them quick, I'd queue up for some Below 50 Battlegrounds, and try my best, confident that even if I lost I'd get plenty of AP fast. Plus, last time I ran Below 50 BGs, nobody got too salty or sweaty over teammates who didn't know what they were doing. Or I'd buy some repair kits for gold, and go repair walls in Cyrodiil in my healer gear.

Or for the players who don't PVP and just get AP from daily log-in rewards, five of the 2,000 AP reward days. If you logged in daily this month, by day 21, you got 150,000 AP. Not counting this month with its windfall, this year I count that PVE-only players could have gotten 46,000 AP just from logging in daily.
  • SHOW
    SHOW
    ✭✭✭
    Agree that this is a problem.

Gotta give people a chance to win their money back. No risk, should equal no reward.

PROPOSAL:
    Queueing should be disabled until back in home base.

SUPPLEMENTARY PROPOSAL:
    Also, another interesting idea I heard here is that u should only win the amount u bring out.

No risk, should again equal no reward.

Currently, I go out with zero, kill some people and come back with 10K, no risk. It would be more fun if I had to 'ante up' and put something on the line honestly lol

Edited by SHOW on August 31, 2021 3:24PM
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My bad, as well as my eyesight apparently and stand corrected. The stones are 10k AP, not Telvar, like every other item on the Telvar General Merchant, so I guess they are cheap. I have always thought they were for Telvar, like all the other items on that merchant (except a soul gem) as I never noticed the difference on the tiny icon, just the 10K price... and I have never purchased one for that reason.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sirvaleen wrote: »
    Since when is it considered an exploit ? And used by gankers only ?

I ask, because I don't want to use a simple game mechanic if it's considered as an exploit, but that's actually how I convinced some PVE-Only friends to do the IC quests this event. Take all the quests, go down in the City to complete them sneakily in a rotation and GTHOOD by queuing to Cyro. Less stressful.

If it's not intended, ZoS can add a TV cost (the TV equivalent of the 10k AP cost of a stone) but completely prevent that use ? Bad idea, it's already hard enough to get people there IMHO.

Not an exploit, but certainly unintended behavior. Never said it was used by gankers only, but it benefits them disproportionally more than farmers. Gankers can go with 0 telvars into a fight, lose nothing if they lose and win everything if they win and immediately bank them before the next gank. Farmers on the other hand get rewarded for carrying as many telvars as possible, so they are encouraged to keep farming rather than banking every single telvar immediately the way gankers are.
    I agree that it is less stressful for PvE purists, but it is a PvP zone at its core even if there is a PvE element to it. It's meant for players who like both PvE and PvP and if the PvP experience suffers then it should either be made into a pure PvE zone (no thanks) or fixed to a point where it becomes appealing to its intended audience again, even if that doesn't sit right with the people who never liked the original concept in the first place.

I do agree that a Telvar cost for queuing would also work, but what I don't like about that is that the Telvars are getting burned instead of allowing farmers to reclaim them by getting revenge or other countergankers to get the last hit on the original ganker trying to die to an NPC. More Telvar circulation makes that zone more fun for PvPers.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHOW wrote: »
    Agree that this is a problem.

Gotta give people a chance to win their money back. No risk, should equal no reward.

PROPOSAL:
    Queueing should be disabled until back in home base.

SUPPLEMENTARY PROPOSAL:
    Also, another interesting idea I heard here is that u should only win the amount u bring out.

No risk, should again equal no reward.

Currently, I go out with zero, kill some people and come back with 10K, no risk. It would be more fun if I had to 'ante up' and put something on the line honestly lol

Good idea. Since everyone is putting their own Telvar on the line, that would make farming a requirement. This idea only works if we get more IC campaigns though, otherwise the "ungankable" top 24 players will just collect the Telvars of everyone and then nobody would be able to take them back from them because you'd need to put your own telvar on the line to get them back, but you don't have any left and you are not allowed to farm when one of those players has anything to say about it.

When every Cyrodiil campaign had its own Imperial City, you could avoid the top dogs by switching campaign and farming in peace until the gankers caught on.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alternatively, players could just drop the same amount of TV as mobs, like 5-10 when killed. So if you want to farm TV as a ganker, well kill as many players as that player had to kills mobs to get what he has. Its not like the players are harder to kill than mobs in most cases there anyways, especially if you are on a gank build. It would not be as profitable for the gankers, but why should it be, the guy killing mobs for TV had to farm a ton of them over a long period of time to get what he has, why should a ganker not have to put in the same level of time/effort for the same level of reward?

Do this and players wouldn't feel that bad about dying and might come to IC in droves for the new "gold rush", making it a very target rich environment. Never mind driving the price of TV related items like Hakeijo down to a reasonable level, and break the near monopoly a few folks currently have on it.

I think this would really make IC fun for a lot of folks and a true PVPVE zone... and not a place to go where you simply lose 100K worth of value at the drop of a hat, which feels horrible.
    Edited by Kwoung on August 31, 2021 5:09PM
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think making a change like this would hurt more than it would help unless this cooldown/lockout/whatever you want to call it only kicked in at a certain TelVar amount so that measly PvE carebears who just want to bank their 100 telvar could still do so, but farmers and gankers would have to fight their way out.

I really wanted to like IC, more open ended PvP with a smaller battleground area to fight in, but it's just not rewarding enough to do anything other than gank. Cyro is a laggy mess most of the time but I can still go in there and feel I've accomplished something with my time, even if that is just facerolling enough to fill my participation bar to get my monthly transmutes.

If I had my way they would give us a toggle to turn off TelVar earned at all so that I can waste a gankers time equally to them wasting mine.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrGhosty wrote: »
    I think making a change like this would hurt more than it would help unless this cooldown/lockout/whatever you want to call it only kicked in at a certain TelVar amount so that measly PvE carebears who just want to bank their 100 telvar could still do so, but farmers and gankers would have to fight their way out.

I really wanted to like IC, more open ended PvP with a smaller battleground area to fight in, but it's just not rewarding enough to do anything other than gank. Cyro is a laggy mess most of the time but I can still go in there and feel I've accomplished something with my time, even if that is just facerolling enough to fill my participation bar to get my monthly transmutes.

If I had my way they would give us a toggle to turn off TelVar earned at all so that I can waste a gankers time equally to them wasting mine.

Funny you say that, as those same "Measly PVE Carebears" are in Cyrodiil as well, earning their monthly transmutes just like you. The only difference is and why you really don't hear about them in Cyro, is they don't lose the AP towards their goal when they die. They come in, earn their 25K AP and leave happy, regardless of how many times they died earning it... as they are always moving forward towards their goal, and never backwards.

On a related note as I mentioned in a post above, a lot of those PVE carebear players actually start PVPing in Cyro, gear up, learn how it works and add to the fun... because they found that they enjoyed it. That doesn't really happen in IC, due to the harsh punishments of losing a fight, which is pretty much guaranteed to happen unless you are a very seasoned player already.