The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hrothgar set not working as description says

Kwoung
Kwoung
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
In theory according to the skill description, I should be able to streak 10 people. Each of those people should take 26% of their resists as damage (or 13% in Cyro, not sure) and damage everyone around them for the damage taken. It is either only affecting one person, or not damaging folks around them, not sure which yet, as it is hard to test.

Either way, it is a completely lame set that does negligible damage right now and I believe is not working as intended or advertised. Dark Convergence on the other hand, is completely insane damage.

Or am I reading it wrong, does the cooldown mean it is just a single target skill and won't hit numerous players at once? If so then why? Doing a 2.5k damage AE every 7 seconds in Cyro is well... completely underwhelming.
Edited by Kwoung on August 30, 2021 6:05AM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cooldown is for the proc. The proc can only go off once every 7 seconds. But it is an AOE proc, so it will damage anyone in the area of the player it procced on.

But streak isn't the best option for it since you cannot control who it procs on. So it's likely you stunned someone at the beginning of your streak and it procced and the group you streaked into were not close enough to take damage.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    The cooldown is for the proc. The proc can only go off once every 7 seconds. But it is an AOE proc, so it will damage anyone in the area of the player it procced on.

But streak isn't the best option for it since you cannot control who it procs on. So it's likely you stunned someone at the beginning of your streak and it procced and the group you streaked into were not close enough to take damage.

I tested it a few different ways, and it seems like each person only takes their own damage and doesn't share their damage with those around them. So basically, everyone only took like 2.5kish damage, instead of 2.5k + another 2.5kish from each of the folks around them hit as well, which in the group of 7 hit, should have been about 17.5k damage each.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

I tested it a few different ways, and it seems like each person only takes their own damage and doesn't share their damage with those around them. So basically, everyone only took like 2.5kish damage, instead of 2.5k + another 2.5kish from each of the folks around them hit as well, which in the group of 7 hit, should have been about 17.5k damage each.

That should be how it works.

It only procs Once. So if you streak into 7 people. Hrothgar procs exactly 1 time from the resistances of 1 player. That proc is AOE and with streak it would proc on the first person to get stunned.

So if you streak into 7 people, the first person stunned procs Hrothgar. Hrothgar is now on a 7 second cooldown. That person has resistances enough for a 2.5K proc, everyone around them takes 2.5K damage.

It isn't proxy det, it doesn't scale in damage by everyone around and it only procs off one person, not everyone stunned.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

That should be how it works.

It only procs Once. So if you streak into 7 people. Hrothgar procs exactly 1 time from the resistances of 1 player. That proc is AOE and with streak it would proc on the first person to get stunned.

So if you streak into 7 people, the first person stunned procs Hrothgar. Hrothgar is now on a 7 second cooldown. That person has resistances enough for a 2.5K proc, everyone around them takes 2.5K damage.

It isn't proxy det, it doesn't scale in damage by everyone around and it only procs off one person, not everyone stunned.

In that case then, this is a useless set. I can create much higher AOE DPS by simply wearing gear that that buffs my spell / weapon damage or pretty much any other proc set I could be wearing.