The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Throwable Potions

Williuss
Williuss
So Blackwood really got me thinking about this due to Eveli's ability where she throws down a heal and a damage AoE from flasks on her jerkin. These craftable consumables would be small AoEs where they could heal, buff/debuff, and/or damage enemies or allies and of course there would be a cooldown like potions. I don't want to consider them "grenades" but the function is basically the same. They wouldn't necessarily have to contain gunpowder, something a little bit more lore friendly (not saying it isn't, I think FudgeMuppet did a video on it, maybe Camelworks) like fire/frost salts, ground soulgem, etc. Now I see the issue where in PvP it could lead to stacking issues but I thought it should be outlawed in conventional warfare (like a Geneva Convention of sorts) as it is highly dangerous and inhumane. These wouldn't do a lot of damage or healing...I'm thinking 1800 over 3 seconds or for a buff lasting 4 seconds... it would basically just add a little more damage or survivability. That's basically my thoughts on it but lemme know what you would improve/add if it was in-game.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's really wild. An alternative way to use potions. Less effective but with an added utility of range. I'd like to use potion trigger sets and potion cooldown glyphs to make a alchemical healer build! That's be really interesting.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes i was running with explosive & poison bombs in Diablo 2 - so yes, i am in ^^
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    i would like to see something like enginering in eso you get items with shared cooldown(if you cast one you can't another) that do things some are offensive some are defensive and have different cooldown than potions maybe longer but are stronger. Enginering can work we have dwemer enginering in game in lore wise its possible.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I were to design a new class this would be an ability I would include.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Death Hunter Alchemists throw explosive potions that deal flame damage so ZOS has the animations and stuff. It'd be cool to have throwable potions as well.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw the part with Eveli throwing potions too, and loved it. That’s basically like the character I use in RP, an archer with throwing ability. Maybe it could be tied to a skill line for damage dealers and healers, with easy to obtain consumables
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the idea of tossing potions!

PvP - damage buildings!
    Drop acid on foes - deteriorate armor
    Create a smoke screen (blind everyone fun)
    Flash bangs!

Toss while mounted?
    Or get dismounted from a boom potion!

PVE - acid destroys locks
    Forces opponents to dance
    Ice, fire, potion

Tossable Runes!

It would make those lines a lot more fun.

But have a skill line - you can toss it and miss, or hurt friendlies, or yourself.

And of course, like some PVE characters do already - they can toss them back!

Like the idea...hope the it takes flight!

• Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    The Death Hunter Alchemists throw explosive potions that deal flame damage so ZOS has the animations and stuff. It'd be cool to have throwable potions as well.

Agreed. It'd definitely make alchemy over all a little more robust and less boring. :'(