The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Purchasable Scrying Line

rageofodin
rageofodin
✭✭✭
Arguably one of the longest grinds in the game, it would be nice to have the option to purchase this skill line, like most others, after we have completed it with one character

Can we see this in the future?
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there a mechanic that prevents master leads from dropping if you don't have the appropriate skill level in scrying/excavation?

If not, then you only need the skill maxed on a single character. The leads are account wide.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Is there a mechanic that prevents master leads from dropping if you don't have the appropriate skill level in scrying/excavation?

If not, then you only need the skill maxed on a single character. The leads are account wide.

No, there is not. Players can get leads even if no character on their account has scrying or excavation.

However, that does not mean players would not be interested in leveling up the skill lines on other characters as many players have done so for the chest passive. It is a nice-to-have QoL.

To OP, none of us that will actually comment in this thread have any idea of what Zenimax has planned for the future. What I have done is leveled this on an alt in Arteum to do purples. Then I use purple leads that dropped from treasure chest maps and from playing the game to finish leveling up the alt.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've almost got my fourth character to level 2 treasure chest glow, just by grinding.

I probably would have gotten frustrated and bought the skill line if it was an option, kind of a lost opportunity for ZoS.

Not a huge deal but a bit of an odd choice to still not have it available like a year later.
    PC NA
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have reach lvl 10 on 3 chars & lvl 7 on 5 - thats being said, I AM OLD PLAYER AND HAD DO GRIND FOR IT SO OTHERS SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DO IT FOR FREE.... REEEEEK!

Nah, i am just kiding. If you can get Dawnbreaker or Meteor for crowns, there is nothing wrong in getting glowing chests ;)
    Edited by Ippokrates on August 31, 2021 9:21AM