The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hot take: if you buy any of the 3 merchants/bankers, the other two should be heavily discounted.

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
You have already spent 5000 crowns on the service, therefore all you're paying for is a skin.
They should be around 1500 crowns imo.

Ty for coming to my ted talk.
Edited by MagicalLija on August 28, 2021 11:32PM
  • Aelsioln
    Aelsioln
    ✭✭✭
    I want the Khajiit pair but because I own the bird duo it seems like a waste of Crowns so definitely agree that there should be some sort of discount. I'd settle for half off tbh.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Even half price would be palatable.
  • Vindold
    Vindold
    ✭✭✭
    Agree.
    ...though even 5000 for such service is a bit too much imho :|
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup, I have both basic ones and I will never spent 10k just for new skins, even if they will be awesome. I can have big house for that price, so definitely won't happen, but it makes me a bit sad, because that's means that I stuck with old, bold Dunmer :D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a hot take. This is explicitly and unambiguously correct.

5K crowns for this service is a lot in the first place. Charging the full price for what amounts to a reskin of the service is not something an genuinely ethical person would even consider.

But then again, we're playing in a game that has gamble boxes, so we can be fairly certain "fully-functioning ethical code" is not in any way a factor for those in charge of monetizing.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree. I got the cats because I won one and the other I bought from crowns that my partner got me.

I love the birds but it is ridiculously expensive
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    "Praise Vivec! You were there to stop Alexandra Conele from capturing the Coral Heart!"

Makes me sad that bankers aren't discounted so I don't have to hear this quote everytime for supporting ESO in the earlier days before I knew Bankers would have different characters like khajiit and crows...

The best fix is to mute voices and add subtitles, but I do appreciate the voice acting when doing new content.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.

I don't currently own any of the merchants or bankers because at first I wasn't sure it was worth it and now I think a banker would be useful I'm reluctant to buy one in case one I like better comes out in future. It would be annoying to be stuck with one I don't like as much (especially for something I already think is very expensive for what you get) but I'm certainly not going to keep buying new ones at the current price.

If buying one made future duplicates cheaper I'd be much more likely to get one.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"