The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dark Convergence needs to be looked at

L_Nici
L_Nici
✭✭✭✭✭
The Set Dark Convergence needs to be investigated. Not because of its damage or anything, but it desynchs players insanely hard and causes massive lagspikes from 60 to 999+ just by appearing. You are not able to use any skills even if you succesfully evaded it just by being close to its effect. It takes about 5 seconds to be able to properly move again and use skills.

That of course is mainly an issue during Primetime I think, because at less populated times it works just fine.
Edited by L_Nici on August 28, 2021 7:13PM
A very special girl

PC|EU
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah Im sure they'll get around to it, right after they finish investigating the fact that Meteor causes desyncs consistently and has for the last 7 years
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag argument can be made for every single set and skill in the game. How is this set different from any of that?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a consistent bug with this set where it will will basically give you the slow bug for 10+ seconds across a very wide area.

It seems to happen when you're on the margin of the set's range when it activates - it's like the server doesn't know what to do with you in terms of your movement speed.
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. It's impossible to avoid at times, even when you are outside of the range. There is also some other problem where some combination of effects are causing all abilities - skills, rolling, blocking, breaking free, bar swapping, and even moving to become completely disabled until the effect ends (usually with you dead).

It's beyond frustrating to the point that I guess I'll have to go back to the almost-always-dead no-cp. What a shame, for the first time ever I was enjoying all those Cheese Pizza Points :p
  • DucLIX
    DucLIX
    ✭✭✭
    I've never been desync'ed by this set, and yo ucan counter it, just block, you'll not get grabbed. Pay attention at what happens around you and if you're fast enough you'll manage to block, that's personal for the lag/desync but for the counter it applies for everyone.
    faster guys kill kill
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's all fine and well, if block works. I find that at least 50% of the time ALL abilities, INCLUDING block and movement are completely disabled until the effect of the sets ends.
    Edited by Sluggy on August 28, 2021 11:54PM
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use dark convergence plus a knockback skill like dragon leap or meteor to reliably cause a position desync.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    DucLIX wrote: »
    I've never been desync'ed by this set, and yo ucan counter it, just block, you'll not get grabbed. Pay attention at what happens around you and if you're fast enough you'll manage to block, that's personal for the lag/desync but for the counter it applies for everyone.

I guess it depends where you are fighting on how many--BGs this set is not so bad, Open Word--I have been ping ponged by this set, because we fight outnumbered, and everyone else uses it--i have litterrally been put into a pull loop, and desynced so bad from it that nothing works. I have excellent Ping, gig internet with amazing up speed, and a system that most people would die for. I am the person that doesn't lag when everyone else is.

As someone else said, its like the game isn't sure what to do with the character, esp when more than one person is using it, and other CCs are imvolved.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Casandra
    Casandra
    ✭✭✭
    Been playing pvp since beta, I have never wanted to leave this game more than now, Just because of Dark Convergence? NO... because ZOS doesn't listen... We have a PTS system to test and report just like in beta where they didn't listen then, like I should be suprised... Everyone in PTS warned about DC but to no avail. Instead of fixing what is wrong, like lag and exploits, cheats, and after nerfing sets, gears and even skills of certain races, etc, and after months long testing??? we did live testing in Cyrodiil remember that??? and after all that (which incidentally thank you for the double AP during that) all you did was make more proc sets with undeniably unbalance and lag Cyodiil even more. Its just not freaking fun any more.... all my friends and guildies are moving on, I have no interest in new World but my friends are leaving and after spending my Cyrodiil time in the worse lag ever because of new proc sets, Im done! Trust me... Im a former emp, grand overlord stam blade, I have played in amazing Cyrodiil pvp days, but its done now. Zos does not want to support pvp our guild has bets that this was on purpose to get rid of pvp finally... and im done giving my money so they can support only pve content... best of luck to you all. Out!
    Deliverance Still Emp titled because ZOS hasn't fixed in 4 years,Stamblade, Grand Overlord
    Crimson Chaos, Sorc Grand Overlord retiring soon
    Casandra V14 NB,
    Daenery Grand Overlord (retired) V14 Sorc,
    Immortali General
    Rivenspire Merchant Guild
    FormerlyHaderus
    GraY Host
    (Proud to be all EP)
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    The Set Dark Convergence needs to be investigated.. Not because of its damage...

Oh really?

vLDBXV9.png
    PC NA
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SkaraMinoc Well as I made this post, it was fresh on live soo people didn't exploit it yet. From what I see now, I agree that it should be toned down in its damage as well.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • AngryOldMan
    AngryOldMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    The Set Dark Convergence needs to be investigated.. Not because of its damage...

Oh really?

vLDBXV9.png

To whomever ordered a one button click win set. Well here is your order.

• jasonleitch1_ESO
    jasonleitch1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    DucLIX wrote: »

I am constantly being desynced by Volcanic Rune, Magnum Shot, Meteor (Ice Comet), and Dragon Leap, but I have not been desynced from Dark Convergence yet. As a speed build these desyncs are getting much worse and currently occur nearly once a fight with this update.

That said, Dark convergence has pulled me off walls (with zero counter after the pull as you are falling) and has pulled me from distances way outside of the convergence. I have been pulled from inside a keep door, through the opening to a location about 20 meters outside where the convergence was located. The longest pull I have had occur has been literally over half a keep distance (long flight time during the pull). I have seen this occur to others many times - almost as if the server does not know the Convergence location or the actual location of the players.

Being ping-ponged from one convergence to another occurs because the convergence does not apply any CC immunity. Even Dodge rolling results in getting pulled. My streak (15m) from the Convergence center (8m radius), is not far enough and still results in getting pulled back into the center. Tried pairing dodge roll with streak to escape only to get pulled back inside. These are the complaints and issues that players want addressed.

Holding block and Mist Form currently seem to be the best bets until this is fixed.
    PC/NA: Pentar Stonedrake (mag sorc) - Undefined (technically my main)
    PC/NA: Pentora Stonedrake (stam sorc) - Death Huntress (NB hunter / speed build)
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence is a good idea in theory but horrible in implementation. The damage scaling is flat out broken to be hitting solo players that high, and there should be no CC, much less a CC that bypasses normal CC rules. Seriously whoever had the idea for the CC, your idea sucks and you should feel bad. A CC attached to a massive bomb is bad enough, but you made it a pull of all things???

Great anti-stacking mechanic right there when a group can use this to bomb solos/groups they greatly outnumber.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah Im sure they'll get around to it, right after they finish investigating the fact that Meteor causes desyncs consistently and has for the last 7 years

Amen.
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    when we get tired of being desynched and bounced around, maybe we can load in as the enemy and purge everyone while we boost resists for our new friends. Sounds fun
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh really?

vLDBXV9.png

I think you need to add some context to this. I mean I have not been hit anywhere near this amount when I have been hit solo. So, I would have to assuming that you were in a large group when this number hit you.

I like the idea of scaling on the number of players in the area. And, the area is only a 3 meter radius. So, to get large numbers like this you're talking a lot of people in a 3 meter radius. Where you in a ball group? If so then maybe it is working as intended.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »

Oh really?

vLDBXV9.png

I think you need to add some context to this. I mean I have not been hit anywhere near this amount when I have been hit solo. So, I would have to assuming that you were in a large group when this number hit you.

I like the idea of scaling on the number of players in the area. And, the area is only a 3 meter radius. So, to get large numbers like this you're talking a lot of people in a 3 meter radius. Where you in a ball group? If so then maybe it is working as intended.

I have been hit for this amount a couple times in BGs, when the other teams are layering their Dark Convergences--like when you are trying to capture a flag, or have the chaosball. I que into the normal BGs solo usually, where there might be premades, and often the people I end up with want to play the objective. Meanwhile we end up against premades with all 4 wearing the set. But I have also been hit for large numbers being the only person it hits--while blocking.

I really just find adding more CC to the game a very unfun mechanic.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS needs to do a proper nerf to procs. Put a global cap on outgoing proc damage against players, no more than 8k. If they can nerf oblivion damage by putting a cap on it because of procs I don't see why they just don't put a cap on procs overall and just cut out the middle man. There's no reason procs should hit higher than 8k anyway. They've been messing with procs for 2 years now and haven't come to this conclusion yet
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally most of Cyrodiil are people setting off dark convergence and standing there watching for people to die. Players are getting worse because they don't know what to do when it doesnt work. Good news for them; game performance and multiple stacks of AOEs in a single spot makes sure it works often enough to where they feel like they are good. I guess just pat them on their helmet and tell them good game.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vLDBXV9.png

This was in a battleground and my build has 23k spell resist (17.3k without Major Resolve).

Switching to a 33k+ resist build w/ Major Evasion makes Dark Convergence a non-issue.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on September 9, 2021 4:36AM
    PC NA
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC & Hrothgar are both definitely overturned.

Dark Convergence has definitely way too many CC effects on top of very high "burst". Almost always this set hits harder than VD set. On top of that, it has just 1 second of activation time. That means that it is very hard to avoid & has close to no counter-play. You can not roll-dodge outside of the circle (roll-dodge animation takes longer to finish & register your new position server - side). It also ignores CC immunity. The only way is to maybe block when you see the proc, but It is not as easy to spot when there is a lot of aoes on the ground (which there always are). But then again - by blocking, you are basically "snare" yourself as while blocking, you move quite slowly. Also, as far as I can tell you can not roll-dodge while still blocking. Also there are numerous bugs, like pulling players through walls/doors or even down from walls. It is ridiculous.

While orher proc sets feel kinda like mediocre "free" skill that fire in addition to you using your normal skills, DC feels more like a "free" addition ultimate, that is how strong it is.

Hrothgar on the other hand has 3 main issues. It is bugged and it ignores Battle Spirit. Then there is the fact that this set does not scale with any of your stats (it scale with the target) - meaning that this set also ignores rule set that ZOS established regarding proc sets - that those scale with your stats. Before that we had situations in which we had tanky builds having also access to decent dmg as set scaled with "nothing" so you could use a proc set + brutality ring and have good dmg too. Hrothgar re-enables that.
    The final issue is that this set has an AOE dmg, meaning that it can not be dodged and it does not really punish tanky builds (those will survive the hit). It punishes the squishy players who will stand in a proximity of a tank and take a 25k hit (what a surprise, tank gets the attention & takes dmg & protect its allies, almost as if it was designed that way).

Anyway in 8 - 9 days CP campaign ends and I am seriously thinking of switching to no-cp/no-proc. That campaign is less populated, but I guess it might change. Judging by the cyro zone chat I am not the only one frustrated with the current pvp, or rather DCvDC - because this is basically how it looks like. Every AOE on the ground has DC proc...

• techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vLDBXV9.png

This was in a battleground and my build has 23k spell resist (17.3k without Major Resolve).

Switching to a 33k+ resist build w/ Major Evasion makes Dark Convergence a non-issue.

Then you run that much resist and get demolished by Hrothgar's