The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

dual wield stamsorc and stamplar

PancakeHead
PancakeHead
✭✭
Hi,

I'm pretty new to PVP but have gotten into it since looking for mythics. I've noticed most builds I look up for stamplar and stamsorc use a two handed weapon. Does anyone happen to have any links or recommendations for a possible dual wield build? Just prefer to play that ideally.

Thanks for any advice.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats not how it works in this game, in the beging you could use anything any build and you were viable but now... nope that is not the case. If you want to maximize your effeciveness in the game you must use the meta builds, I believe this is by design by the developers to force people to regrind out older locations or new ones.

Play your way and depending on your style will determin your effectiveness, but if you want to hold a significatant advantage over most you must shelve what you like for the meta builds.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I'm pretty new to PVP but have gotten into it since looking for mythics. I've noticed most builds I look up for stamplar and stamsorc use a two handed weapon. Does anyone happen to have any links or recommendations for a possible dual wield build? Just prefer to play that ideally.

Thanks for any advice.

It's because 2h fills gaps that class skills lack (Rally for brutality & burst heal, Dizzy for spam/burst/stun) + vate 2h is pretty strong while DW has not much going anymore. It's brutality skill sucks and as "bursty" as it get's is Master DW + Rending/ heavy/Crystal Weapon into spin 2 win.

Speaking of which, you could run the usual one-shot build with deadlands assassin/ ashen grip/ vate 2h on backbar and Master DW on front. But I have no clue how it works in the current patch.
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    Although what @jerj6925 says is correct in that you will be at a decent disadvantage by not playing what is meta, I would not let that discourage you from playing what you want to play. Play what is fun and not what is meta because those two terms are not always synonyms. I've played nightblade since launch through all of its highs and lows, and I did well from patch to patch because it was what I wanted to play and I put in the time to learn it. I should also say I have not considered nightblade to be a meta class in a long, long time.

But to answer your question, you can make dual wield work on stam sorc. The biggest reason people use 2h is because of its passives and the major brutality from rally, but stam sorc has easy access to major brutality through its class so that part works out. Dual wield does favor a more dot focused style of play rather than burst which doesn't necessarily help its case for pvp but I've seen some fairly effective dot builds.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people