The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'll give it time - but so far, I'm not enjoying pvp with the new sets.

Noerra
Noerra
✭✭✭
I absolutely loved the way things were balanced last patch. I liked the high damage meta.

Somehow, these new sets feel like they carry you and it robs you of having to bring your A game.

Maybe I'm just not fully aclimated, but when hrothgar hits your for 11k when you only running 23k resist... something doesn't add up... reading the tooltip the sit shouldn't hit players with lower resist and is meant to be a counter set to tank builds. Why am I getting hit for 11k+

Not loving the zergs spamming dark convergence everywhere either.

For now, I think I'm leaning towards playing no-cp campaigns instead where things might be more skill and duel based rather than proc based. I'll give it more time and try and acclimate without joining the "flavor of the month". I enjoy the fair challenge and really testing myself as a player, and when everyone running the same sets it just gets really boring.

Unpopular opinion or no???? I'm curious what experiences other people have been having now that more and more players are gathering the new sets.

• neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, although I'm willing to give it more time to test.

My biggest question is: What's the endgame meta for these sets? They literally eliminate every playstyle besides gankers:

DC/Plaguebreak: Eliminates group play

Hrothgar: eliminates tank play

So what's going to happen when everyone has these sets? I know people are getting a kick out of the ball groups/zergs not being able to play as well but what're the groups/zerglings supposed to do? They can't zerg, they can't tank. Is everyone just supposed to roll a gankblade or become a tower rat? What happened to "play the way you want?"

People are just going to leave.
    Edited by neferpitou73 on August 28, 2021 6:38AM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only set I have an issue with is Hrothgar's damage bug. 80k total resist should never get hit for more than ~6k and I'm getting blasted for 10-12k constantly. It's doing about double what it should so the calculation is clearly off. Either mitigation is not applied or battle spirit is broken.
    PC NA
  • Noerra
    Noerra
    ✭✭✭
    literally just got hit for 18k from hrothgar....

Dude... this isn't fun... I don't want to play a broken set... it feels dishonest... and at the same time I'm getting hrothgar ganked.
  • Noerra
    Noerra
    ✭✭✭
    btw - my resistances were 20k.... why is hrothgar hitting this hard?!
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've definitely seen enough to want to bail on the campaign.

The situation will only continue to deteriorate as every zergling and their brother obtains the sets.

On the other hand... increased population for Ravenwatch!
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I have mixed feelings.

Actually the Hrothgar, rushing agony sets are kind of fun. It's something new. With Hrothgar and and brawler you can wade into a crowd as DK and do real damage, my DK hasn't had anything like that lately.

But on the other hand, it is pure cheese. It reminds me of the proc meta, it is the same thing.

And Hrothgar is bugged.

And 12 man ball groups spamming dark convergence and lagging the server is not fun.

This is so different from the 3 months or so we spent doing no proc sets
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say I've been hit by this set so far but overall I feel like something is way off with damage reduction this patch. I'm absolutely stacked in it and I feel squishier than I did last week, before the patch, when I was basically running nothing defensive at all!

I'm beginning to wonder if some calculations aren't just messed up in general. I SWEAR I've been blocking during some of these bursts that hit me today and I'm still taking 15k incaps and Grim Focuses. And that's with stacked shields and a chunky bit of armor on top!
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is still functioning, so the sets must not be the end of the world.

Also, look at the bright side: if everyone wears those sets then that means that players builds will be predictable and even easier to counter and handle than they are now with variation.

Towards me, anyone using those sets are in for a surprise: they don't do anything, and after using it when its time for me to fight back... :D
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I really don´t like is being pull from keep walls with dark convergence.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrothgar hits so hard because your resitences are plural. It doesn't take one into calculation but both. So if it hits you it takes Physical+Magical resist. So even a medium armor build with 20k each gets hit by 10400 Tooltips and it seems to ignore your defensive armor value for that so thats the actual damage caused.
    Edited by L_Nici on August 29, 2021 1:22PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, although I'm willing to give it more time to test.

My biggest question is: What's the endgame meta for these sets? They literally eliminate every playstyle besides gankers:

DC/Plaguebreak: Eliminates group play

Hrothgar: eliminates tank play

So what's going to happen when everyone has these sets? I know people are getting a kick out of the ball groups/zergs not being able to play as well but what're the groups/zerglings supposed to do? They can't zerg, they can't tank. Is everyone just supposed to roll a gankblade or become a tower rat? What happened to "play the way you want?"

People are just going to leave.

This abomination hasn't reached console yet, but this is the question I was asking myself when I read the notes. How are we supposed to play? It looks like staying away from everyone and lowering your defensive strength is the only thing that didn't get punished by a set. Hrothgar can even punish you based on what the guy next to you is wearing....
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Hrothgar can even punish you based on what the guy next to you is wearing....
    Plaguebreak can also punish you based on what some nearby person not even grouped with you is doing. Running a set that provides a purge of some or all negative effects? You could be killing nearby players/groups with a plaguebreak proc active. Curse eater for example will do this. You could die despite making no mistakes yourself, other than being near said player. Gods help you if you hit some random templar's purify synergy while trying to activate a damage synergy (defensive/healing synergies are given preference in the game over offensive synergy).
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Hrothgar can even punish you based on what the guy next to you is wearing....
    Plaguebreak can also punish you based on what some nearby person not even grouped with you is doing. Running a set that provides a purge of some or all negative effects? You could be killing nearby players/groups with a plaguebreak proc active. Curse eater for example will do this. You could die despite making no mistakes yourself, other than being near said player. Gods help you if you hit some random templar's purify synergy while trying to activate a damage synergy (defensive/healing synergies are given preference in the game over offensive synergy).

Oh definitely...I'm expecting a lot of same-faction trolling. Stack up resistance and go kill your own faction with Hrothgarr...follow around a ball group on your own faction with Stendarr's or Curse Eater and watch the fireworks. As usual, ZOS just does things without thinking them through.
    Edited by Sandman929 on August 30, 2021 3:35PM
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    Dark convergence is broken. When sieging keeps, people are just spamming caltrops and other ranged ground AEs up to the 2nd floor and wiping all defenders making counter siege unnecessary. Even with heals, it is difficult because of the crowd control effects and the tight space up top a keep. There is little risk reward to it since you can spam it at max range for a ton of damage, it provides a pull, snare and stun and you barely have to make yourself vulnerable in the process.

Fortunately, the same applies when folks storm into a keep through doors or on flags.

So essentially, it comes down to people try to out cheese each other.

Looking for a nerf to get some balance back with this set. It will only get worse as more and more people start equipping this set. I was besieging Alessia yesterday and there was 7-8 near continuous dark convergence spheres in front of the keep.

For the 18k Hrothgar hits, it may not be your resists, it is possible you are standing next to someone with 33k resists as the proc is AE based. I use that set and look for the tankier opponents to target. it also probably needs to be tweaked as well.
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    Hrothgar hits so hard because your resitences are plural. It doesn't take one into calculation but both. So if it hits you it takes Physical+Magical resist. So even a medium armor build with 20k each gets hit by 10400 Tooltips and it seems to ignore your defensive armor value for that so thats the actual damage caused.

I believe you can mitigate the damage from hrothgar with resists, at least when i tested with my friend on PTS. The higher resists i had, the lower damage it did. Probably not 100% accurate as he did not have a build specifically made for hrothgar so didnt get to test in that situation.

So the best way to boost the set performance is to build full into penetration sharp maul, balorgh as it does not reduce their resistance reducing hrothgar proc tooltip. Havent tested but might even be more damage with major breach than without major breach on the target. Then stacking % dmg modifiers from cp, warden passive, minor berserk, malacath. I believe thats how players are getting the insane 13k+ procs.
  • Noerra
    Noerra
    ✭✭✭
    Switched to playing no proc... imo it's been a lot more fun than current CP with the new sets.... but at the same time I wish I had more access to gearsets....

I honestly want last patch's pvp back. I loved the high damage meta and the new pvp sets not existing.

I guess until things shift to becoming more balanced I just gonna do my event dailies and log off =/ Play some other games instead for the time being.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care for cyro, but convergence is even played in BGs. And it results to oneshots with Mines + Rune. And if you are pulled by the second wave you get 15k damage tooltip solo.

Ok I'm not against group-hate sets to screw up cyro, I don't care about cyro, nothing can make cyro worse because it was never good.

But 15k from a ground-based ability is new. We have lots and lots of ground-based abilities in the game, none of them are pulling everything around into it, but also none of them do 15k burst damage (and more for each player). So they either need to re-evaluate all old sets to actually do damage with ground-based things, or make sure this set doesn't hit small number of players with this sick damage.
  • Noerra
    Noerra
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sad to say that I've hardly logged on this week.

I really don't want to play with the new sets, but I miss CP pvp. =/

kinda sucks right now to be honest. I really hope things get balanced.
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless you are running DC or other new sets, the game isn't fun. You get pulled off your siege and even on roofs. I'm not going back to Cyro for a while.