The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Random 'Notification' Sound

ADarklore
ADarklore
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the current event went Live, I've been getting a random 'notification' sound every five to 10 minutes- but there is NOTHING there. No notification, no emails, nothing. I played all day Monday and Tuesday after the patch and this was not happening then, but since last night, after the event went Live, it's been happening. I can be just riding along and hear the sound, I can be excavating or scrying, and it sounds, standing still and it sounds. I disabled all addons that were updated in the last two days and the sound keeps happening, so that leads me to believe that something in the event coding is causing this.
Edited by ADarklore on August 27, 2021 11:29PM
CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to comments on my post in the main forum... it can be related to Guild achievements as apparently even with the notification turned off you can still hear the sounds and with so many now running trials and such for the event, could be the reason for the sound. Someone else stated that it began occurring since the last hotfix but has gotten worse since the event. What seems to be clear is that it has really become noticeable and annoying since the Event went Live... and if it's due to the Guild member achievements... then I hope ZOS will fix this so that if you have notifications turned off (which I do) that it would turn the SOUND off as well. ;)
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    i tried something earlier with this and turned on leaderboard notifications and got loads of notifications in my notification section but no pings. when i turned it back off the pings started again. it looks like the sound works when you have leaderboard notifications off and the sound stopped for me with it turned on. just my notification section filled to over flow really quick. so you either get the ping all the time or so many notifications you miss the ones you would like to see as they all get deleted on mass
  • SpellSlingerTaz
    I'm getting the same thing.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same. Becoming annoying af. I constantly think someone wants to group with me and then there is no one there. The guild notifications were one of the things I turned off years ago. One of the most useless features ever, because realistically, in a guild of 500 members, how many care what achievements the tight-knit core of the guild is pushing for? Think, ZOS, think!
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    its constant on my end as well. SO annoying. the only way I've found around it is to cut the UI sound to zero. that stops it and all UI sounds....not perfect but I'm keeping my sanity so far.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only way i found to deal with it at this time!

Notification Sound Bug Blocker

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3185-NotificationSoundBugBlocker.html

thanks Dolgubon
    Edited by stefj68 on September 1, 2021 4:16AM