The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Request] Small scale QoL and cosmetic updates to Imperial City. Small quick, nothing huge.

Kingdomkeepers69_ESO
Being one of the few zones I feel needs a facelift. I hope we can see some decent additions to make the area more lively. As of right now outside of events, The amount of guilds that go out of their way to go into the Imperial City are roughly in the single digits. I wanted to think of a "lite upgrade" That would be quick fast paced addition without taking away from the development team working on current expansion content. I am sure I will get a lot of flak of other things that people want like large scale fixes, and I get that. I just wanted to bring a band aide solution to keep people interested in the area.

Small Scale QoL improvements:
1. Able to easily get all 6 zone quests without going through loading screen hell.
2. Fix and remove all archways in the city that force a dismount.
3. Add a "smuggler" vendor in the treasure vaults to sell your items. Being full on trash items is still an issue here, even with max bag options.
4. Larger Alliance war points earnings for defending districts. Right now its just win trading or waiting until they leave.
5. Reduce the amount of Telvar gained from repeated kills. 25% Reduction of Telvar gain if you kill the same target within X time to help reduce gankings.
6. Nonessential But I would personally enjoy seeing the Legion Zero NPCS actually wearing the Legion Zero gear you made later down the road as a visual update.
7. Visual update of WGT having no dolmen ring if you completed the dungeon on that character.
8. Large Telvar sack drops from the optional events that occur in zones. (defend the door kill a boss open a chest, or the arena/Temple center events) Instead of Small ones.
9. New Food Consumable that when Consumed your Telvar multiplier is maxed for X duration. 1 Telvar = x4 shares buff slot with the Colovian War Tortes

Rewards and Incentives.
1. Perfect place to sell the leads to the Ancestral Imperial armor style. Along with other completely new Antiquities unique to the zone. (Art Portrait of the Throne Room, Hanging map of the Imperial City, etc)
2. The currently exclusive to crown store purchase tab imperial themed furnishings such as the Imperial City Streetlight etc can make a debut as purchasable outside of crowns.
3. Brand new furnishing examples in pictures posted below. Imperial Standards, Molag Bal siege weapons, etc shown in imgur links below. (cant get them to show via the image button creating this)

New furnishing suggestions include.

1. Imperial Standard https://imgur.com/Y7X5O9v
2. Altar of Julianos https://imgur.com/OpEzfhU
3. Banner of Julianos https://i.imgur.com/9ykGuMv.png
4. Molag Bal Siege Weappons https://imgur.com/PBAm0bt
5. Imperial City Doors https://i.imgur.com/is3HNit.png
6. Imperial City Sconce Light and Shop Signs https://i.imgur.com/FCW4FzF.png
7. Classic Imperial Wayshrine style seen in arboretum. https://i.imgur.com/YBaOAUk.png
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some good ideas here.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Brazier_of_Roebeck
    They need to fix their lag first.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it stands, Imperial City is generally unappealing to both PVP and PVE players.

For us PVPers, there is no long term goals, no real reason to spend night after night in IC, and the time we do spend there ends up focused around killing NPCs hoping to run into another similarly sized force to get an actual fight out of, while fending off gankers.

For PVErs its mindless grinding, interrupted quests, occasional bossfights, and constant fear of loosing your Telvar.

My proposal would be to remove all PVE from the city surface, maybe the ocassional mob, but move all quests and bosses downstairs. Add an extra floor for each alliance's sewer to house the former surface mobs and quests. Give the district flags some actual importance by adding a mechanic where you can lock out the other alliances from your home sewers by owning all the upper districts, id make it similar to emperor where you have to take all to get it, but only hold 1 (or 2 or 3, its not a carbon copy) to keep it.

As for long term goals, Have an actual campaign score, base the scoring off hourly ticks for the districts, and total bosses killed (12 kill credits = 1 point, but if you die during the kill you loose your point)

PVPers have a vested interest in keeping their district safe and disrupting the safety of the other alliances, PVEers get some breathing room to do their dailies in peace while being encouraged to dip their toes into PVP, and IC is no longer a land of only mobs and gankers.
    Edited by Greasytengu on August 29, 2021 3:50PM
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I avoid IC because it is not profitable and not group friendly. The main draw to IC being Telvar, is way to easy to lose, and way to hard to gain at any decent rate, especially if you are in a group larger than 2. As a larger group we may be holding a decent amount of TV collectively, which only benefits bombers and such who catch us off guard. But this does nothing for us, as each member only has a small amount.

So what's the point of going there?
  • Kingdomkeepers69_ESO
    Kwoung wrote: »
    I avoid IC because it is not profitable and not group friendly. The main draw to IC being Telvar, is way to easy to lose, and way to hard to gain at any decent rate, especially if you are in a group larger than 2. As a larger group we may be holding a decent amount of TV collectively, which only benefits bombers and such who catch us off guard. But this does nothing for us, as each member only has a small amount.

The only reason I go is for Imperial Banners for Decorating, and my guild does it every week to help members get the achievements listed off.

But thats the ongoing issue. PvP has basically been an abandoned project. Sanguines Rose and Auriels Bow were going to be additional artifacts in cyro for Morrowind and Summerset and were scrapped. We havent seen a new battleground map ever it feels. And they add gank and toxic pvp sets to adhere to those who still enjoy it like a opioid to not look at us.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The only reason I go is for Imperial Banners for Decorating, and my guild does it every week to help members get the achievements listed off.

But thats the ongoing issue. PvP has basically been an abandoned project. Sanguines Rose and Auriels Bow were going to be additional artifacts in cyro for Morrowind and Summerset and were scrapped. We havent seen a new battleground map ever it feels. And they add gank and toxic pvp sets to adhere to those who still enjoy it like a opioid to not look at us.

At least Cyro and BG's to an extent are rewarding. Whether you win or lose you walk away with the AP / Arena Gladiator Proofs you earned and can spend on nice stuff for yourself or to make gold. IC needs a huge rework on its risk/reward model if they want people to actually go there and have fun doing it. Until that happens, it is just a trash zone that attracts wannabe gankers killing easy PVE questers and achievement chasers for the most part.
  • HidesInPlainSight
    HidesInPlainSight
    ✭✭✭

At least Cyro and BG's to an extent are rewarding. Whether you win or lose you walk away with the AP / Arena Gladiator Proofs you earned and can spend on nice stuff for yourself or to make gold. IC needs a huge rework on its risk/reward model if they want people to actually go there and have fun doing it. Until that happens, it is just a trash zone that attracts wannabe gankers killing easy PVE questers and achievement chasers for the most part.

IC is the single most in-game currency rewarding content in the game, and the risk reward is on point. People mistake the campaigns as empty all day, when they are in fact rather busy with a ton of high level small scale pvp that rewards skilled players the ability to farm efficiently. Players are fighting for the city to pvp and to control the districts for the Telvar boost. The problem lies with pve'rs coming to the city and expecting to be able to pvp with players that have spent thousands of hours pvp'ing on their first day in IC and in pve gear.

IC is the last true small scale pvp option players have that is not bgs. Outside of events, if you ask any regular of IC, what ruins IC, the answer is going to be zergs. Zergs run over small groups, they run over solo's, they limit all telvar gained by an individual moot, and during non event times when ZOS doesnt upgrade the pvp servers, they lag out the entire city. Telvar is extremely easy to acquire and once you learn how to pvp or how to avoid being ganked, you will rarely lose any Telvar that you actually care about losing. Fighting players while you are carrying 50k+ when you are confident still happens even after ZOS lowered the number of campaigns of IC and separated them from cyrodil.