The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The lesson ESO gave you

FlaviusPK
FlaviusPK
✭✭✭
In my case, after many PvP updates (which I am interested in the most) I've came to simple thought, which for some reason could not make it to my mind earlier.

- You should not invest much of your precious time and/or money in something you can't control at least for a bit

We, as players community seen so much ignorance and lack of feedback from ZOS that it's now clear to me that I should have stopped carrying so much earlier than now. Last broken (I believe fully intentionally now) pvp stuff was a last drop for me. What kept me holding to my hope is my love to TES lore and the community of this universe. And I still do love it and you guys, but it has no point if we as customers and consumers of the content can't really control what we're paying for and what we're investing our energy into. I have no solution but I welcome you guys to share your own thoughts.

I have no intention to offend anyone with this thread except those who are truly responcible, but I guess they don't care about forum threads much.

Cheers.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an MMO... we pay for the right to play ZOS' game... it's not OUR game... it's theirs. They have to right to change the game at any time, for any reason, and even outright pull the plug on the game. I've invested THOUSANDS of real dollars into this game over the many years I've played... but I accepted from the start that I have no control over anything in the game. I may complain or praise their decisions, but ultimately, I have no control over anything... other than to voice my thoughts on the forums and hope they hear it.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's wise to periodically stop and ask myself '"Am I enjoying myself, or working towards something I will enjoy relative to the time and effort I'm putting in?"

It's taken me a long time to reach this point, but after many long battles with my own "fear of missing out", if the answer is "Nope!", then I've stopped doing it.

I still enjoy a lot of things about ESO. I like the overland quests for their story. I like Companions for their roleplaying possibilities. I like Cyrodiil PVP (when it works). I still find farming materials to be a great relaxation activity. For those things, I'll still shell out some time, money, and effort.

But I figure it's up to each player to decide what's worth it to them.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I learned that my previous MMO (九阴真经) is inferior to ESO in everything. At first it was hard for me to get into ESO, but after i learned basics about dps, armor sets and crafting i realized it is vastly superior.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    This is an MMO... we pay for the right to play ZOS' game... it's not OUR game... it's theirs. They have to right to change the game at any time, for any reason, and even outright pull the plug on the game. I've invested THOUSANDS of real dollars into this game over the many years I've played... but I accepted from the start that I have no control over anything in the game. I may complain or praise their decisions, but ultimately, I have no control over anything... other than to voice my thoughts on the forums and hope they hear it.

You bought the game, you did not rent it. If the game was free to play, I have no complains on how zos run it, but I paid for a complete game(atleast base), yet it is ever changing despite community refysing these changes wither by opinion, theory or testing. Player have more knowledgr of the game than the developers(atleast in ESO), it is very stupid to ignore what the market wants and put what you want instead, that us how you lose biz.
  • ArcaneScientius
    ArcaneScientius
    ✭✭✭
    The lesson I learned is to just go what life throws you.
    There you are, merrily hunting world bosses and puttering around with a solo build when you make a friend.

You two do more bosses and stuff before you are suddenly in a ready check for a vet dungeon. Your role still set to tank from evening play. Oh dear, o deer, odd ear. No time to go to piggy bank to git gut gear.

At that point I just kinda sat here laughing and trying my best in med armour and solo build.
    Thank goodness they made all carve morphs have shields now. And that is was only base game vets. We made the dungeons but the puggies were not impressed. Accidental fake tank.

Makes me even more glad the pvp friend did not take me to cyrodiil where my head would have been removed and unspeakable things inserted into the exposed orifice.
    Nothing leads to more death than the need for certainty. - Xukas
    HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME? - Pratchett
    In balance with this life, this death - W.B. Yeats