The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it worth it to run proc sets in No-CP setting now?

Penta
Penta
Soul Shriven
I've been taking a little break from the game and coming back have found that proc sets have like half the damage they used to on the tooltips. I pretty much only play BGs, and I know that proc sets have been changed to scale with weapon/spell damage. Since we can't stack damage as much in no-CP, have people been able to have success running procs BGs, or are stat sets the way to go now?
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started using proc in BGs recently and it made my score drastically higher.

The sets do 1/4 to 1/3 overall damage for me. Even with reduced damage, procs are still effective and equal to one or two free DoT abilities without casting time and unaffected by server lag. That means a lot in chaotic encounters.

No idea why they aren't more popular, but I haven't seen anyone else using proc sets from my CM log.
  • Spurius_Lucilius
    Spurius_Lucilius
    ✭✭✭
    I pretty much see people use sets like Unleashed Terror or the new Plaguebreak in BG every day
    I personally don’t like them
    PC NA Casual/PVP
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Penta wrote: »
    I've been taking a little break from the game and coming back have found that proc sets have like half the damage they used to on the tooltips. I pretty much only play BGs, and I know that proc sets have been changed to scale with weapon/spell damage. Since we can't stack damage as much in no-CP, have people been able to have success running procs BGs, or are stat sets the way to go now?

Many of the old popular proc sets are no longer worth running.

E.g. the popular DoT-based sets:
    Sheer Venom
    Syvarra's Scales
    Unleashed Terror
    Venomous Smite

The meta has shifted more towards burst and if you use procs, burst procs.

I think this has been overall a positive change, but the DoT-based proc sets are now too weak IMO, and you rarely see them used in higher MMR BGs.
    Edited by taugrim on August 27, 2021 4:01PM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Procs have and always will be strong in noCP (where they are allowed at least). Procs increase damage and sustain, and anything that does that usually can be balanced to increase defense.

Some defensive procs are way overtuned as well in a noCP environment, esp. interacting with certain skills.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »
    The meta has shifted more towards burst and if you use procs, burst procs.

any recommendation here, aside from the new sets?
    Edited by moo_2021 on August 27, 2021 10:46PM
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »
    I started using proc in BGs recently and it made my score drastically higher.

The sets do 1/4 to 1/3 overall damage for me. Even with reduced damage, procs are still effective and equal to one or two free DoT abilities without casting time and unaffected by server lag. That means a lot in chaotic encounters.

No idea why they aren't more popular, but I haven't seen anyone else using proc sets from my CM log.

Problem is, that if you play in no CP campaign and BG, you have to use 2 different setups of gear (proc for BG and no proc for campaign). One - its double cost to upgrade and maximize both sets (jewelry etc). Two - its harder to use the whole different combat styles in those 2 settings, like you get used to proc helping you, hour later you already play no proc and feel the lack of proc..

If I would play in CP campaign, I would definitely use proc sets. But as I play no CP, im using only 1 gear combo for both.