The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ping 999+

HotCoffee
HotCoffee
Two days a very high ping in TESO, the problem is not only with me but also with friends in the guild. There are no problems with the availability of other resources.
  • scelesticscylla
    Same issue. Pre patch I had my normal crap lag, but it wasnt anything compared to now. Latency constantly 999+ when trying to do any kind of group content. Overland is pretty much same for me as pre patch where its not too bad. So just trials are mostly affected for me. Very unplayable. I had my team watch me kite blitz in first boss room of vet rockgrove, die because it didnt register that i dodged, then they saw my dead body skid across the room to where I dodged to on my end. Bar wont swap. Skills dont register. Theres an immense delay and desync for everything in group content. Its so unplayable I'm stuck doing overland stuff till this is fixed. Sent in a support ticket about it just to cover all areas in the case mine isnt related to other's lag. But I have a feeling its something to do with the update :'(
    @CAS1NOVA
    Main heals /tank

GUILDS
    Divine Crusade
    Real Guild Best Guild
    The Kind Kwamas
    Hard Dungeoneers
    The Four Musketeers
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been having huge spikes as well. It's like massive desync and then everything speeds up to catch up. It wasn't like this before the last update and it's definitely not ISP related. Everything other game i play runs fine and has no issue. After about 20min to an hour of eso i start to desync until i restart the game.
    uwu
  • Stephanie_ABT
    Stephanie_ABT
    ✭✭
    Having massive spikes as well, sometimes to the point it disconnects me. Totally unplayable right now for me. Again before the last update is was pretty ok no real complaints or problems connection wise so it is not my end.

PC EU here
    Delphine Veteran Rank 16 AD Sorcerer.
    GM Guild Timeless Circle
    Ex PS4 EU Now PC EU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those are good basic suggestions in the help doc, but as a long-time ESO player I have to say that the comments above are valid. Something is up with network stability in the game. Maybe it's patch-related, maybe it's more of an issue with the CDN/anti-cheat system... who knows. But the random lag spikes and de-syncs are real.

I use business-class ISP service; my traffic is given priority across the ISP's network as part of that service. It yields more consistent/stable ping times at least on that ISP's network. It's proven to be helpful when the ISP has congestion issues, so it's not likely to be an ISP issue. It seems more like something up with the game itself -- either the game's own network behavior, or the networking systems and servers it connects to.
  • lurkin777
    lurkin777
    ✭✭✭
    Bad lag for me the last two days. Having a hard time doing writs even.

It's not my end.
  • poochsnoocher
    poochsnoocher
    Soul Shriven
    I've had insane lag spikes as well and several times yesterday (9/4/21 and today 9/5/21) where the game instantly shut itself down with no ESO error screen popup. It closed as though it was just a browser window closing, no warning, no lag beforehand, and also while i was doing mundane things usually like looking through inventory.

Pre-patch, I hadn't had anything shut my game and launcher down instantly like that. Something is off with the servers because I've run multiple virus scans, checked my connections were good to my router, saw no issues with internet connectivity due to ISP; so my only conclusion is that it is ESO-specific.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone still running into lag or latency issues and the troubleshooting has not helped, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post