The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crystal fragments proccing on it's own proc, but not giving you the proc

JustWD
JustWD
Soul Shriven
Bit of a confusing title, but crystal shards is currently playing the proc'ing sound when using the proc'ed crystal fragments (the pink icon) which shouldn't happen, as it doesn't give you another proc.

Before someone says this is normal and crystal frags is supposed to proc on itself, that's not what I'm saying, it's proc'ing on it's own proc without giving you another proc which didn't happen last patch. I got no add-ons installed to play sounds or tell me when it procs.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It honestly should be able to proc on its own proc. The proc is a skill cast with Magicka cost. Sounds like this is still not working though.
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can proc off itself but that's not the bug. What's buggy is that casting frags, and it doesn't matter if it's a hard or proc'd pink cast, it plays the proc sound even if it doesn't proc for the next cast. It's just confusing and forces us to quickly glance either at the skill bar, buff bar or the character's hands every time we cast frags now.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug is awful. Not only is the sound playing, but hands will flash when there is no frag proc. On top of that, I'm getting no indication when there actually is a frag proc ready, hands are not glowing and no sound plays. Have to check the skill bar icon every time.

The Power Stone cost reduction passive is also broken, Storm Atro is 200 and Destro is 250 instead of 170 and 213. Guessing that Unholy Knowledge is also broken because sustain is terrible. I've been hearing that Light Armor passives are also breaking randomly in combat, which hurts sustain more.
  • fattla
    fattla
    ✭✭
    On my Sorc it's different! If elemental wall (or another dot effect) is active on the backbar, crystal frags on the frontbar first times procc is as usual but all the next proccs are silent! No sound no animation only the castbar icon turns pink!

And if a dot effect on the frontbar expires all cds on the backbar are cleared! WEIRD!! ;-)
    +++ Sith happens +++
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is part of the bug but since the patch went live, I can't properly proc frags nearly as often as before. Now I'm frequently going 5 to 7 spell casts before it does proc. I'm going by the skill's icon, not any sound or visual effect on the character.
  • fattla
    fattla
    ✭✭
    Yes it is! That's how I came across the problem, I fought the dummy a realized a dps loss then I noticed that only 6 frags procced (before it was around 11-12).
    After a few more tries I saw the icon switching to pink but no procc-sound and no procc-animation.
    +++ Sith happens +++
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @JustWD @WrathOfInnos @K9002 @fattla

On which platform and mega-server are each of you playing TESO? I play with a PC on the NA mega-server.

FWIW, I've been using the Crystal Fragments morph for years and I have not noticed a problem with it. Albeit, as one of you mention, it does not seem to "proc" as often as it did previously.

In the course of my extensive experience with it, the "proc" always disappears upon use. It will disappear after a few seconds if it is not cast. Regardless, I don't recall seeing it "proc on its own proc". That is, there has never appeared to be a chance that it will "proc" again when I cast it while my character's hands are "lit".

That said, the adversaries which my character has fought (for quite some time now) seldom survive the bonus "proc" and, of course, must survive the prior cast before it "procs". However, it can "proc" even when the adversary is killed by the first use, and, in some situations, I can cast it at another target and inflict the bonus damage.

As to whether the bonus is available, I see the character's hands light-up and act accordingly. I don't recall that I've ever heard a sound associated with it, and I haven't paid close attention to what is showing on the Ability Bar when it "procs". I probably do see something happening there out of the corner of my eye, but it doesn't attract my attention. .....

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shadowshire I’m on PC/NA. Strangely it seems to only affect some people. I have two other Sorc friends on the same server that have not experienced any problems. They were shocked when I showed them a video clip of the bug.

Someone suggested it could be an addon issue. I’m not sure if addons are able to affect things like Frag proc animations. At least I’ve never seen an addon able to produce visual effects, aside from simple map markers or text on the screen. Haven’t done much testing there.
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA. Only some people being affected explains why I don't see widespread questions and complaints. The only combat-related addons I'm using are Combat Alerts, Hodor Reflexes and Raid Notifier. Some of them were recently updated but the bug occurred both before and after updating them, it was strictly U31 that changed it. I combed over addon files looking for any use of the ability name or ID (46324, 114716) and there's nothing at all. Only LibCombat registers base and proc IDs for feeding data to Combat Metrics, there's no other associated functions.
    As to whether the bonus is available, I see the character's hands light-up and act accordingly. I don't recall that I've ever heard a sound associated with it, and I haven't paid close attention to what is showing on the Ability Bar when it "procs". I probably do see something happening there out of the corner of my eye, but it doesn't attract my attention. .....

There is a distinct zing kind of sound and I think the more aural focused players are going by that. I never clearly heard it until disabling music a couple months back.
  • fattla
    fattla
    ✭✭
    @Shadowshire: PC/EU

Totally agree with K9002 and WrathofInnos!

I use Combat Metrics with its libraries only!

If i remember myself right I had issue while patching the client. But a restart of the launcher fixed it.
    Maybe a reinstall will fix it or have some of oyu already tried this?
    +++ Sith happens +++
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During yesterday's maintenance I've run a file repair, it looked like nothing needed fixing. Didn't have any issues patching last week either. Now there's no more false proc signals and I don't know if it was the repair process or the maintenance itself included some server-side change. I haven't done nearly enough killing to tell if the proc rate is back to normal though.
  • fattla
    fattla
    ✭✭
    I did during maintainance a complete reinstall and after reading your post a repair!
    Same situation :-(

Crystal frags will be my spammable now until the issue is solved! ;-)
    +++ Sith happens +++
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also tried repair and frags is still broken. Tried turning off addons and this did not help.
  • fattla
    fattla
    ✭✭
    Same here!

Tried to re-skill crystal frags but still broken! :-(
    +++ Sith happens +++