Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadowy Disguise crit

Biro123
Biro123
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Hi - I'm looking for some advice on this ability - just trying to understand it.

I find that it doesn't seem to always guarantee a crit - or at least not on what I would think. For example, heavy flame-destro attacks from stealth often do not crit, but my enchant does.

Medium and light seem ok, with the staff attack critting but the enchant usually not. Am I just hitting the 3-second limit or is something bugged? Does travel-time matter, i.e. if the target is distant, could it be outside the 3 seconds by the time it lands?

Also what's the consensus around light-attack weaving from stealth? is it better to forego the light attack and just let the main ability land so it gets the crit? Or is it better to weave? Full heavy attack seems to lose it - Is med maybe best to maximise burst? I guess I'm not sure exactly what determines the auto-crit.. first ability used, first damage to be applied... ?
Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
Aidee - Magsorc - DC
Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this is how it works:

It provides a guaranteed Critical Strike to your FIRST tick of damage dealt to an enemy from Stealth.

In your case, that is your enchantment since that damage is processed before your Heavy Attack. The enchantment uses up the effect and then your Heavy Attack is subject to your base RNG.

This is the same principle when using an AoE attack from Stealth. You get a guaranteed Critical Strike against the first target that damage processes again but the rest of the targets are base RNG.

I agree that it is a rather obtuse way to handle the effect but it is working properly in a very literal adherence to the ability language.