The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we get a skin that changes you to default appearance?

xxslam48xxb14_ESO
xxslam48xxb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I have griped over this issue for a long time, but I have finally had enough! I spend a lot of time creating my characters and I want them to appear how I designed them. I HATE how vampire turns your character into a pale ghost and all your work in the character creation screen gets overwritten. Wanted an Argonian with black scales and green eyes? Lol you get white scales and red eyes. I am tired of it! Vampire is way too good of a skill line to not take on lots of builds, but as a down side you lose the characters design. Could you even imagine playing a magblade bomber build without vampire? Maybe this is something that should be addressed in another way, but I would settle for a payed skin at this point.

So please release a "skin" that just turns your character back into their original appearance. Call in "pure" or "uncorrupted" or something, idc I just want this. You could even make a skin that gives you a vampire appearance for people that actually like that, but don't want vampire fire weakness. I warn you though, don't place a high price on such a skin or the community will get mad that you are making us pay 20$ for default appearance. Yes I know I can wear a disguise to remove the vampire appearance, but then I don't get to have my armor customization. I have tried other skins to hide it, but most of them remove body paint from your character or are equally ugly.
I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
but my delight will last and you will respawn.
My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has literally been asked for since Day One of the game. They have never listened. They have never given a logical answer for why they won't do it. If they sold it in the crown store it'd be a huge money maker for them. There's literally no reason for them NOT to do it. But they won't. It defies reason.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People use the whole "It's a curse, so it's got to look like one" as an argument all the time, so be warned — you might get mostly that despite that the vampirism line has enough downsides to throw that one out the window with the bathwater.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »
    People use the whole "It's a curse, so it's got to look like one" as an argument all the time, so be warned — you might get mostly that despite that the vampirism line has enough downsides to throw that one out the window with the bathwater.

They can use that argument if they want, but its VERY easy to refute. You can use any skin to cover up vampirism or wear a disguise. If vampires have to look cursed, then no skin or disguise should cover it up. Since we already can cover it up I see no reason why a default appearance skin can't exist. Plenty of vampires in ES lore that were indistinguishable from ordinary people, like Seridur. He was so normal looking that even a group of vampire hunters couldn't tell that their leader was a vampire.

I really think the reason they won't do it is because they think they will get backlash for selling something that we already own. As happy as this skin would make many of us, we will get the complainers that will criticize anything they don't want. I am telling you zos, you don't even have to work hard to make this skin and to appease both crowds you can just make it 5$ or something. Hell you don't even have to sell it, you could just be nice and give every player that skin in their collection tab.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the Arctic time skin for a pale-but-not-disgusting look. No veins, no meth-eyes, just a frosty sparkle pattern when you look close.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remathilis wrote: »
    Use the Arctic rime skin for a pale-but-not-disgusting look. No veins, no meth-eyes, just a frosty sparkle pattern when you look close.

You actually look kinda frostbitten and unhealthy. It's not a good compromise but it's probably the best thing out there at the present time.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remathilis wrote: »
    Use the Arctic time skin for a pale-but-not-disgusting look. No veins, no meth-eyes, just a frosty sparkle pattern when you look close.

Does it remove body paint though? Thinking about it more, a default skin would probably also removed body paints anyways. Just no winning when you get forced into being a vampire. Not literally forced I guess, but its pretty damn good for a mag blade.

• Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The deadlands excoriated (not sure if that's the name) looks normal in the face ... except for the stripped/burned forehead. And of course you'd have to cover your body.

If you can get some big bangs or a hat it might work.
    PC NA