The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there a reason why Force buffs (Major, Minor) do not affect Critical Healing?

TalsgarTheWanderer
TalsgarTheWanderer
Soul Shriven
Because it would only make sense since pretty much every Crit potency source in the game includes both crit damage and healing, e.g. Shadow mundus has been changed to include Crit healing as well. Considering that Fighting Finesse cp node also affect both crit damage and crit healing, I don't see any reason why Force buff does the same thing as well. Any thoughts?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has bothered me for a long while as well.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear restoration students, just remember if you are feeling lucky, set up a bear trap below patient. It would make them sweaty and help in their recovery... ^^
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because healing is plenty with the limited crit healing we already have. There is no reason to buff it more...
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because healing is plenty with the limited crit healing we already have. There is no reason to buff it more...

Well, by that standard, Force buffs probably shouldn't exist at all. People can achieve way more than enough DPS to clear content without 30% extra crit damage too.
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, by that standard, Force buffs probably shouldn't exist at all. People can achieve way more than enough DPS to clear content without 30% extra crit damage too.

I dont think I've run across content where the group and I thought, "if only our healer could heal just a tad but more." On the other hand, I have certainly come across content where the dps just wasn't there to get it done. 🤷‍♂️
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amerises wrote: »

I dont think I've run across content where the group and I thought, "if only our healer could heal just a tad but more." On the other hand, I have certainly come across content where the dps just wasn't there to get it done. 🤷‍♂️

Remember, there's more to ESO than just PvE.

I know that I would certainly love every last bit of additional healing that I can get in PvP.

I would even be alright if Critical Healing buffs were given their own Major/Minor buff and assigned to different skills than War Horn, etc. if it is, for whatever reason, deemed to be too powerful to simply provide along with Critical Damage.
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amerises wrote: »

Remember, there's more to ESO than just PvE.

I know that I would certainly love every last bit of additional healing that I can get in PvP.

I would even be alright if Critical Healing buffs were given their own Major/Minor buff and assigned to different skills than War Horn, etc. if it is, for whatever reason, deemed to be too powerful to simply provide along with Critical Damage.

I retract my statement then. I could see how PvP WOULD be annoying without the buff.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    If a dps can heal themselves, why even have healers? If healers can dps, why even have dps--just three healer/dps hybrids for group content! Why even have classes? Just make everyone break the mechanics! Who cares about build variety?! Just make everything critical chance and damage bonuses, stop making new sets with new procs and bonuses!!

/sarcasm

Separate all sources between healing and damage--then I will totally agree. Otherwise, you create balance issues (even more).
    Edited by Syrpynt on September 3, 2021 3:14PM