The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hrothgar MagSorc PvP Build - Waking Flame new tech is crazy

Moriz
Moriz
✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rat3F8kAvtU&ab_channel=BlacksheepPvP

We are using the new tech provided to us by the Waking Flame patch to transcend beyond just a mag sorc, to become.. a super mag sorc.

I play mainly BGs but you can transition the build to any other area of the game for pvp (where procs are allowed)

5x Hrothgar
5x Heartland
1x Domihous
1x Gaze of Sithis

3 Medium, 3 Light, 1 Heavy
3 Well-Fited, 4 Impen
Breton
Atronach Mundus
Ghastly eye bowl
Tri Stat Pots

Incredible stats with the strongest damage proc set of the patch. Perfect balance between damage and tankiness.

DISCLAIMER:
you don't have to backbar this set, you don't want to. having it like this gives you the freedom to choose how and when you want your set to proc.
when you want to combo your opponents and use your set proc, you just have to weapon swap back to your front bar mid animation on your streak.
if you just want the CC and not use your proc, don't switch while streaking, gg
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that necro could fight back, it only shows that it's not as strong as people think or an "I win" button.

Him eventually dying and you wearing the set doesn't exactly prove it's the strongest proc.

And what is funny is that Sithis is once again brought up in these types of builds, as predicted and expected...
  • Moriz
    Moriz
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of balance I guess it just depends on the scope you look at it.
    I mainly play BGs and if anything it brought back balance rather than broke things.
    Stamina classes have a few really strong meta proc damage sets that the best players are running in battlegrounds. Before this patch magicka did not have as strong of options, now we do though.

Also just to get it to work to begin with actually takes a moderate amount of skill on a magsorc. It isn't exactly the easiest thing to do, to time and combo all your stuff perfectly while swaping weapons mid teleport ani canceling it to get the set to proc.
    Another key point is that in the video I am sharing the usage of this clearly hot technology we got yes, but it is displayed with great mastery of build theorycrafting and using the other elements of this patch, like 3x medium armor pieces on a mag sorc

Also gaze is a balanced item. I can easily drop it for items like malacath for higher damage, Death Dealers Fete for more everthing, Wild Hunt for maneuverability, Torc for sustain or even not use a mythic at all, theres quite a few good monster sets, or even two 1 piece of 1k mag 1k stam.

Gaze makes you into a true chad tho
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of a similar build. But using Rune Cage as a stun again to be more selective about the Hrothgar proc. It will likely be dodged more than it lands but it leaves better positioning compared to streak for a follow up. And with the proc damage from Hrothgar it may make Cage somewhat worth running. And running either Spinners or Alfiq for a larger mag pool. And death dealer's over Sithis, to help mitigate opposing Hrothgar procs.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    using Rune Cage as a stun again to be more selective about the Hrothgar proc

This is a good idea actually. I'm going to try that instead of Streak.
    PC NA
  • Moriz
    Moriz
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of a similar build. But using Rune Cage as a stun again to be more selective about the Hrothgar proc. It will likely be dodged more than it lands but it leaves better positioning compared to streak for a follow up. And with the proc damage from Hrothgar it may make Cage somewhat worth running. And running either Spinners or Alfiq for a larger mag pool. And death dealer's over Sithis, to help mitigate opposing Hrothgar procs.

It is a good idea indeed, i will give it a shot.
    Thing though is that with streak you can confirm that it will proc when you want it to proc, if you play well. But yeah you are teleporting into people with it.
    For a longer range safer playstyle defs Rune Cage sounds good