Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP is crashing over and over

merevie
merevie
✭✭✭✭✭
Second crash in 10 mins.
Last one ported half our faction from enemy home keep to crash and then our gate wayshrine.

This one ported us from their scroll to loadscreen.

Taking 3-5 secs per skill.

Perhaps your new sets are causing issues, eh?

Please address asap
Edited by ZOS_Bill on September 2, 2021 10:36PM
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the sets are the cause of you crashing, because you say so...?

What a bizarre claim.
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played for 3 hours yestarday evening at prime time on PC/EU Grey Host with multi-threaded rendering enabled. Was a bit laggy, but all in all it was smoother than ever before in the last 2 years.

And not a single crash even when 4 full ball groups ran into each other.

Maybe platform an region would help ZOS to sort it out, or are you just venting ? ;)
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new sets absolutely DO seem to be adding server load and causing issues. The set that pulls you to the wearer, stuns and does damage is the worst. It's like you can see your fps and ms drop to the floor when that procs.

It seems like they added a bunch of insane proc calculations right at the last minute with these sets, and the effect it's having is very predictable. They are noticeably increasing lag and performance issues across the board. Combat bug is back with a vengeance and the bug where you drag your offhand weapon between your legs instead of holding the weapon on your bar is persistent on two of my toons and just won't stop.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CSose wrote: »
    The new sets absolutely DO seem to be adding server load and causing issues. The set that pulls you to the wearer, stuns and does damage is the worst. It's like you can see your fps and ms drop to the floor when that procs.

It seems like they added a bunch of insane proc calculations right at the last minute with these sets, and the effect it's having is very predictable. They are noticeably increasing lag and performance issues across the board. Combat bug is back with a vengeance and the bug where you drag your offhand weapon between your legs instead of holding the weapon on your bar is persistent on two of my toons and just won't stop.

Proof?

If it's based on what you encounter, based on what I encounter I don't lag in 99% of the time I am in Cyro, even at primetime.

If you can notice lag from the sets, then why is the distribution of lag not uniform if its because of calculations?

You could claim the set caused lag IF it always created noticeable lag when it activated, but to claim it is causing lag or crashing because someone or yourself teleports to an area with a large amount of fighting is not really convincing.

Not convincing because players crash, lag and disconnect all the time during a big fight. Hasn't happened to me, more than twice this year, but I can read the zone...
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have problems with crashes too with and without multi rendering enabled.

PC EU
    Nvidia
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I don’t know if it’s the sets or whatever but got disconnected twice in ten mins and had massive lag spikes as well just now. PC NA.
    Edited by RevJJ on August 26, 2021 1:55PM
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got dsriven into frustration. Then as last grasp of hope disabled all addons. Worked ok but there certainly is issues with the crashing in pvp. Not for the first time after a new patch.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @merevie

Our help article below contains troubleshooting that can help resolve crashes in ESO you may be encountering.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • abakzn
    abakzn
    ✭✭✭
    My crashes reduced drastically, like by 85% when I disabled my Discord "overlay", but it still crashes at the highest point of peak time EU PC at about 19H00 UTC.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @abakzn

Since disabling the Discord overlay has helped, there may be other programs contributing to the crashing. You can reboot your PC into a selective startup then play ESO to see if that is the case.

How do I put my computer in selective startup mode?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post