The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Detect Pots still not revealing Cloaked users.

Darzaka
Darzaka
✭✭✭
Hello, all,

I say this with all due respect for ZoS and players. Despite the change of Shadow Cloak and its morphs no longer protecting against detect pots, it still does protect against detect potions. Here is what the patch says, and yet here is what tests have revealed.

JOMPgq3.png

And a video of someone successfully using Shadowy Disguise while a detect potion is active. This happens about 50% of the time while the other 50% Shadowy Disguise seems to not protect. It seems to protect against pots when I have not hit/engaged the enemy but does not seem to protect if I have touched or are in combat with the player. (This statistic includes encounters when they have been used against me.)

As a nightblade with already massive hits from stealth-draining skills being boosted, am all down for Shadowy Cloak not protecting against detect potions. But if we are going to have the patch implemented I would rather it work 100% of the time rather than situationally so it cannot be abused by people who know the work-arounds.
  • Darzaka
    Darzaka
    ✭✭✭
    As a nightblade with already massive hits from stealth-draining skills being boosted, am all down for Shadowy Cloak not* protecting against detect potions.

Also, I am new here, so my apologies for the formatting issues.
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You missed a ":" after https in your link.
    PS | EU
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I too have experienced NBs vanishing while detect pot is active, as well as the weird position desync where the detected NB appears to blink across your screen instead of moving smoothly. Was definitely not the shade port.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Darzaka
    Darzaka
    ✭✭✭
    Jackey wrote: »
    You missed a ":" after https in your link.

Here is the fixed link:
    https://i.imgur.com/shEaCjF.mp4
  • Qrähe
    Qrähe
    ✭✭✭
    Uhhhh, you weren't close enough when you had the detect pot active and so they cloaked and moved? The radius for a detect pot isnt true vision.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you see a huge red thing above your characters head, it means that within range of your character you will see any and all stealthed other players.
    those pots do work, and they work way too good ion my opinion. and i believe its realy a cheat.
    by the way:
    wheres the potions against all the other classes defenses?
    nightblades uses cloak as his defense, and theres a potion to completely destroy his defense
    but what about the other classes defenses?
    potion to stop them from healing , shields, mass high defenses.
    all the other classes get a free ride.
    we need potions against the other classes.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    if you see a huge red thing above your characters head, it means that within range of your character you will see any and all stealthed other players.
    those pots do work, and they work way too good ion my opinion. and i believe its realy a cheat.
    by the way:
    nightblades uses cloak as his defense, and theres a potion to completely destroy his defense

All the other classes don't have a skill that makes them invisible and untargetable + increases damage.

Also, you don't need potions against them because all poisons work well against them.

Other classes defense also isn't as good as cloak. Anyone can heal, shield, and gain massive defenses, but not just anyone can turn invisible on demand repeatedly with little penalty.

Choosing to use a gank build and getting deleted is a build decision, it's not a sample of overall balance.
  • Darzaka
    Darzaka
    ✭✭✭
    Qrähe wrote: »
    Uhhhh, you weren't close enough when you had the detect pot active and so they cloaked and moved? The radius for a detect pot isnt true vision.

I will play around with radius and detection. Thank you very much for helping me understand this.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I too have experienced NBs vanishing while detect pot is active, as well as the weird position desync where the detected NB appears to blink across your screen instead of moving smoothly. Was definitely not the shade port.

What makes you think the pervasive desyncs don't also include buffs, dynamic stat procs, and other conditional changes to your character sheet?

If your client says the detect pot is active and the NB's client says it is not active, and the server cannot sync the two clients, 50/50 chance of either client being correct sounds about right.
  • Qrähe
    Qrähe
    ✭✭✭
    Darmuel wrote: »
    Qrähe wrote: »

I will play around with radius and detection. Thank you very much for helping me understand this.

Ya, detection radius is like 6m,so you have to be fairly close.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been right on top of NB and I am seeing a lot of them stealth imideatly after I have revield them with radiant magelinght. its supposed to keep them from going stealth for 3 seconds but as soon as they pop they just go right back in to stealth and they keep doing it.

Stealth is such a powerful ability and with all the lag in the game its even more powerful than intended, they should return Radiant magelight to a passive ability like it was in the begining or force night blades to fight when revield.
  • MadeInVN
    MadeInVN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    by the way:

Please make those potions as well so we can stop NBs from healing and stacking defenses.
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unspecified lag bug most likely. Server under load has a lot of trouble with melee, channeled, ulti, etc. abilities. If not that, be a magblade and get that mag regen uppp! Mag burst heals etc means the stealth doesn't need to be a key part of strategy.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see this happen with other forms of sneaking and invisibility to. It's like when an enemy or ally is supposedly invisible it doesn't really update their position to your client in real time.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • jasonleitch1_ESO
    jasonleitch1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This also occurs when using Evil Hunter. I have watched NB's cloak right next to me (I think that we may have been hugging) while inside my hurricane and with the detect from Evil Hunter active. Very likely positional desync from lag but would like a verification response from ZOS.
    PC/NA: Pentar Stonedrake (mag sorc) - Undefined (technically my main)
    PC/NA: Pentora Stonedrake (stam sorc) - Death Huntress (NB hunter / speed build)
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new cloak is garbage and anti-skill and should be returned to how it functioned prior to the latest update.