The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Non pvpers or noob pvpers :What is the easiest Imperial City daily I can do for event? πŸ˜ƒ

Recent
Recent
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm a pvp noob ( oh the shame !!πŸ˜‚)

When i say non pvpers i mean players that only pvp for an event . I should have said non regular pvpers oh well....

I would rather NOT have to go into pvp but I'm not going to cry about it either ( well, maybe a lil 😭). Tissue please !!

I just want to not get lost in there and NEVER get out !!! 😨

So I thought it might be best to ask other non pvpers for help as hardcore pvpers or even just average pvpers would find most dailies easy compared to me.
I realise I may get ganked often but if i can at least do a quickie daily i may only die 95% of my time in there as opposed to 110%. πŸ˜“

Thanks for your replies 😊😊😊
Edited by Recent on August 25, 2021 4:16AM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My go-to is the ballista-burning quest in the Elven Gardens. You don't actually have to fight anything aside from whatever mobs are in your way getting around. It's even easier if you're a nightblade or can pound stealth potions to get past the baddies, and bonus points if you're DC because the sewer entrance spits you out right next to the base when you're ready to turn in.

For people who don't even want to set foot in the districts, the Arena prisoner-rescuing quest is often recommended because if you don't mind it taking a long time, you can camp up in your alliance's spawn point and get credit for people killing things down below. (Or so I hear, I've never tried doing it that way myself.)
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: Β»
    For people who don't even want to set foot in the districts, the Arena prisoner-rescuing quest is often recommended because if you don't mind it taking a long time, you can camp up in your alliance's spawn point and

I'll cut you off here, because this is one that I do. You bring some kind of loooong range weapon, wait till BOTH a prisoner AND a daedra spawn, near your area, get at least a few shots off killing the daedra and when the prisoner runs off, hope you get credit for the rescue - it can be iffy.

-Don't get too near the edge or you fall off
    -Don't try to pick fights with passing members of other alliances - they can kill you from a distance MUCH easier than the daedra can.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to do the Arena District quest without even dropping from the platform.

Should be at least 2 citizens spawned within bow/staff range, though you will have to wait for them to respawn.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for replies, I'm already feeling more positive about the IC part of this event😊😊😊
    Edited by Recent on August 25, 2021 6:14AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dousing the Fires of Industry:
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dousing_the_Fires_of_Industry
    - You can do this quests without killing any mob / npc if you are stealthy - so no other player will see you. Darloc Brae set + Night's Silence / vamp passive + swift jewellery. If you know what you are doing, the risk of being ganked is minimal. If you have a NB character it also helps. Best way to avoid PvP is not to be seen in a 1st place.

The Lifeblood of an Empire:
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Lifeblood_of_an_Empire
    - Slot snipe and kill respawning mobs / npcs till you do the quest. You don't even need to leave safe-spot platform and risking anything. You only need to be careful to not get pulled down by some PvP trolls / griefers.

^ Those are 2 easiest quests in IC. You can do those on more than one character before event starts and just complete them later. Event will last for 13 days - so 13 daily quests in total.

Anyway, this is 3rd event this year that involves obligatory trip to IC to get event tickets. Am I the only one who is kinda sick of it ? IC is probably the most toxic zone in the entire game. There is a reason why it is empty 24/7 with only some population spikes in weekends (but it is never full). The only way to make this zone populated is to idk, maybe make it enjoyable ? Forcing players to go there will have the opposite effect. People will go there, do a quest as fast as possible & then leave. And when event is over IC is dead empty again... No wonder they do not introduce new mixed PvP & PvE zones.

And again, we have an event that does not let us choose what content we like to do. Would it be that hard to make IC dungeons final boss to drop the event ticket too ? We would at least have a choice and do content we enjoy more...

Anyway I kinda expect for some other, future events to take us to other zones. IC gets so much attention (3 events in one year lol), we need to take a little break from IC. There are other great zones that could use an "celebration event" too. Where was the last time we had Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood ? Also, since we got Blackwood this year, it would also be nice if they brought back Murkmire event too as it would fit nicely.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on August 25, 2021 1:46PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arena is the way to go surely, but I'll elaborate a bit further just because it might give some ideas for faster completion depending on ones level of fear.

If you'll see some people running off the ledge for the daily (preferably more less pvp ranked) here also just tag along, you have nothing to lose as respawn is very quick but you may finish the daily way faster, talking minute instead of tens waiting for the citizens to respawn.

Also don't stress yourself travelling back via sewers or expensive recall stones, just queue in Cyrodiil before last are rescued and submit after last one or just before it, you will be safe in no time, just queue back and take the quest reward.

For that IC escape or for easier questing you might want bring some invis potions along to be safer, in first case you pop one after the last one and wait for Cyro or just pop a potion and run to any already attacked by an enemy daedra guarding a citizen, you'll get the credit just for being nearby and if you're nightblade can just tag along all their route. Guess it's also a good option for some.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    also try jumping into a IC server where your faction has the highest pop, more likely to get a fast daily done

if you do it on an alt, you can just stay in there with it and log in each day so you dont need to travel there
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dousing the Fires of Industry:
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dousing_the_Fires_of_Industry
    - You can do this quests without killing any mob / npc if you are stealthy - so no other player will see you. Darloc Brae set + Night's Silence / vamp passive + swift jewellery. If you know what you are doing, the risk of being ganked is minimal. If you have a NB character it also helps. Best way to avoid PvP is not to be seen in a 1st place.

The Lifeblood of an Empire:
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Lifeblood_of_an_Empire
    - If you have EP character, then slot snipe and kill respawning mobs / npcs till you do the quest. You don't even need to leave safe-spot platform and risking anything. You only need to be careful to not get pulled down by some PvP trolls / griefers.

^ Those are 2 easiest quests in IC. You can do those on more than one character before event starts and just complete them later. Event will last for 13 days - so 13 daily quests in total.

Anyway, this is 3rd event this year that involves obligatory trip to IC to get event tickets. Am I the only one who is kinda sick of it ? IC is probably the most toxic zone in the entire game. There is a reason why it is empty 24/7 with only some population spikes in weekends (but it is never full). The only way to make this zone populated is to idk, maybe make it enjoyable ? Forcing players to go there will have the opposite effect. People will go there, do a quest as fast as possible & then leave. And when event is over IC is dead empty again... No wonder they do not introduce new mixed PvP & PvE zones.

And again, we have an event that does not let us choose what content we like to do. Would it be that hard to make IC dungeons final boss to drop the event ticket too ? We would at least have a choice and do content we enjoy more...

Anyway I kinda expect for some other, future events to take us to other zones. IC gets so much attention (3 events in one year lol), we need to take a little break from IC. There are other great zones that could use an "celebration event" too. Where was the last time we had Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood ? Also, since we got Blackwood this year, it would also be nice if they brought back Murkmire event too as it would fit nicely.

As a PVPer who prefers Cyrodiil, yeah, I'm kind of sick of having to go do PvPvE dailies in Imperial City.

I can do the IC dailies. I can even fight other players while I do the IC dailies. It's just that I'd much rather be fighting in Cyrodiil. I usually only do a couple IC dailies just to remind myself that "No, it's not actually that bad."

I miss the early Midyear Mayhems when we got three event tickets for doing a single daily and we could pick whether we wanted Cyrodiil, BGs, or IC. That was ideal. And even the earlier IC events where PVE-only players could do the dungeons for tickets.
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can't thank you all enough !!! Ive read every helpful reply ...love this community ❀
    Edited by Recent on August 26, 2021 6:19AM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the memorial district one. Speaking for the dead.
    Go on nb. Kill 2 of the xivkyns and then talk to 4 skeletons. Done in less than 2 minutes
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    In MYM you can choose if you do battleground or Cyrodiil quest, but you must do IC quest. Why do they immediately want you to do IC quest? It is a PvE quest(in a PvP area where you get group ganked. Why do you have to do PvE Quest for a PvP Event. Players have critizised this often but ZoS have repeated this System in the following MYMs. This System is bad even for PvPers. In MYM i usually prefer Cyrodiil or Battlegrounds and dont want to make a trip to IC every day. This Event they are splitting Event tickets again to force players into IC.
    Most of the time i also get ganked not by single Players, but by whole groups, so even as a PvPer i dont have a chance.
    Questing and killing NPCs are solo activities. If you only get to IC to get the daily event tickets, it takes too much time to find a group for doing the quests, especially because there are no lfg groups most of the time.
    Edited by Iriidius on August 27, 2021 8:54AM
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easy one for me is to goto Arena District on a Magicka Aldmeri Dominion character you want range attacks like lightning staff and just stand on the platform and rescue the prisoners right below the platform with ground attacks like bone yard works well with heavy attacks, just wait for respawn rinse and repeat and then go back down the ladder once done
    Edited by macsmooth on August 27, 2021 8:26AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iriidius wrote: Β»
    In MYM you can choose if you do battleground or Cyrodiil quest, but you must do IC quest. Why do they immediately want you to do IC quest? It is a PvE quest(in a PvP area where you get group ganked. Why do you have to do PvE Quest for a PvP Event. Players have critizised this often but ZoS have repeated this System in the following MYMs. This System is bad even for PvPers. In MYM i usually prefer Cyrodiil or Battlegrounds and dont want to make a trip to IC every day. This Event they are splitting Event tickets again to force players into IC.
    Most of the time i also get ganked not by single Players, but by whole groups, so even as a PvPer i dont have a chance.
    Questing and killing NPCs are solo activities. If you only get to IC to get the daily event tickets, it takes too much time to find a group for doing the quests, especially because there are no lfg groups most of the time.

The Imperial City Dailies are a PvPvE quest. As are the Cyrodiil town quests.

Sorry, but even ZOS says that questing in the Imperial City is not a solo activity. Killing NPCs in IC is not a solo activity. I think you fundamentally misunderstand how the zone was designed.

From the Launch Details: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25357
    • "The dangers of Imperial City and the Sewers below are best suited for small groups of adventurers, but highly skilled warriors have been known to strike out on their own."
    • "While exploring and fighting your way through the Imperial City, be prepared to face not only Molag Bal's forces, but also enemy players from the opposing alliances."
    • "Fight Molag Bal's personal guard, the elite Xivkyn, and other invaders from Coldharbour to win Tel Var Stones, the currency used to trade for mighty Veteran Rank 16 armor sets. But be on your guardβ€”enemy Alliance members lurk around every corner throughout the Imperial Districts and Sewers. Should you fall to an enemy player, they can claim your hard-earned Tel Var Stones in their own quest for glory."
    • A brand new PvP/PvE space, including the six Imperial City Districts" (and listed directly beneath that item) "New quests and key characters within the Imperial City"

From the Imperial City Guide: Tel Var Stones https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/guides/imperialcitytelvar
    • "Every monster in the Imperial Sewers and the six Imperial Districts has a chance to drop Tel Var Stones. Monsters in the PvE components of the Imperial City (in the Imperial Prison and the White-Gold Tower dungeons) do not drop these stones."
    • "Of course, if you open and loot a chest all the stones inside will become yours – although you might want to thank friends who had your back while you were busy opening a chest in a PvP zone!"
    • "For those who want to avoid any risk, we've added quests, including repeatable ones, in the Imperial City that will reward you with a Tel Var Stone box. Unlike with Tel Var Stones you get by killing monsters and enemy-alliance player characters, you won't lose these boxes if your character is slain."
    • "The Tel Var Stones system adds another layer of excitement and risk to the engaging fights against monsters and enemy-alliance players in the Imperial City."

Finally, I'd like to direct your attention to certain Imperial City achievements.
    • Imperial City Warlord - kill 100 players while inside the Imperial City
    • Alliance Gladiator - kill 100 players while inside the Imperial Arena.
    By the way, I should mention that there's a Quest that takes place in the Imperial Arena. It's a multi-stage boss battle, in fact. And yes, you can get killed by other players while doing it. See that "Alliance Gladiator" achievement? ZOS wanted it that way.

You may not like how the Imperial City was designed as a PvPvE zone that mixed questing, killing NPCs and fighting enemy players, but now you know that's exactly how it was designed and intended.

So of all the criticisms of Imperial City Dailies- I don't like them either as a PVPer who prefers Cyrodiil - I really can't agree with you that they're a PvE quest. They aren't. They are PvPvE, so either come prepared for the PVP part or avoid it entirely, which is 100% up to you.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 27, 2021 11:53AM
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    The Quests in Imperial City are PvE quests in a PvPvE area because you have to kill only NPCs to complete them, but in the area you get attacked by NPCs and Players.
    World Bosses in PvE were also designed for Groups but every decent player can kill them alone.
    If you are farming NPCs(except Bosses) in Imperial City with more than 2 person there are not enaugh NPCs for you to kill, so your Tel Var gain is decreased. And you probably dont want to look for a group only to do 1 daily quest for event tickets that you could easily do alone if there werent group gankers, especially because the probability to find a group if you write lfg is near zero in Imperial City.
    I have no problem getting ganked by solo gankers. I have a problem with getting hunted by 12 men groups or bursted by 2-4 nightblades at the same time. Tell me how to prepare for this.
    Edited by Iriidius on August 28, 2021 7:57PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iriidius wrote: Β»
    The Quests in Imperial City are PvE quests in a PvPvE area because you have to kill only NPCs to complete them, but in the area you get attacked by NPCs and Players.
    World Bosses in PvE were also designed for Groups but every decent player can kill them alone.
    If you are farming NPCs(except Bosses) in Imperial City with more than 2 person there are not enaugh NPCs for you to kill, so your Tel Var gain is decreased. And you probably dont want to look for a group only to do 1 daily quest for event tickets that you could easily do alone if there werent group gankers, especially because the probability to find a group if you write lfg is near zero in Imperial City.
    I have no problem getting ganked by solo gankers. I have a problem with getting hunted by 12 men groups or bursted by 2-4 nightblades at the same time. Tell me how to prepare for this.

Well, I do have a guide for this event. It may or may not help your issue, but here goes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/584661/imperial-city-101-for-non-pvpers-an-event-guide

To address your specific issues:

The situations you describe with being hunted by 12 man groups or being bursted by 2-4 nightblades is something that happens in active PvPvE zones. There are ways to make it go better, but no way to guarantee victory. Even experienced PVPers struggle in those situations. So it's really up to you how much effort you want to put in.

If the answer is "I want to get better at the PVP portion of Imperial City and I'm willing to practice," then here's some advice:

- there's not much to be done about 12-man groups hunting you unless you are prepared to spend a long time learning to 1vX, and even then, 1vX doesn't work well on 12 organized players. So the better answer for a solo player is to stay alert and try to avoid the group in the first place. If that fails, run, hide, or try to lure the group into a trap. If there's a District boss up, running to it and using it to attack the group is a great defensive move. You can take advantage of the damage the boss is doing, or if you die, hope that the boss takes some revenge on your killers. But so you know, you'll probably die. Most experienced PVPers would.

- bursted by 2-4 nightblades is kind of build-dependent. Most PVP players are built with the resistances and health of a PVE tank. The more inexperienced you are, I'd recommend going on the tankier side of things (when I started PVPing, I wore impenetrable Plague Doctor and had like 40k health). Then, make sure you are buffing yourself regularly, even when you don't expect combat. HOTs are great too. This has several effects. One, gankers tend to look for low health targets, so high health makes you less likely to be ganked. Two, high health gives you a little extra margin for error with which to react to a gank by dodge rolling, blocking, and hitting your self-heal - as you are developing those reflexes, the extra health helps keep you alive long enough to figure out how to survive. Once you figure out how to survive, it's a lot easier to then figure out how to turn the tables on the gankers. Three, actively buffing shows any watching gankers that you are alert and a bad target, and gives you a boost if you are attacked. Finally, use the detection options best suited to your build, like potions or magelight. If you are waiting for a boss, definitely be obviously alert, buffing, healing, and holding block. You want to look like you are a bad target for a gank, and if you do get attacked you'll already be better prepared for the fight.

If the answer is more like "I just want the event rewards without needing to practice much", then that's a different approach.

- 12 man groups are best avoided, even by experienced PVPers. In the District, I like to check the map often. If the district is captured by enemies or nearby districts are being captured, I know to be on my guard for enemy players coming here next and consider moving on. If I can't avoid them, again, it's run, hide, or try to peel them off on a boss or something. If large groups are a big problem and you want to try to escape more often, I'd suggest working on a stealth build that can use Line of Sight to lose enemy groups. Use the terrain to your advantage by ducking into buildings or dashing around groups of mobs to try to lose pursuit I hate recommending that players make a certain class especially, but nightblade really is the best choice for stealthy gameplay. (Full disclosure: I don't play a nightblade, but my SO recommends it for easier stealthing in PVP areas.) For other classes, invisibility potions and Vampire abilities are probably the best bet. It may not work - I usually die when faced with 12 man groups.

- bursted by 2-4 nightblades. Well, in a PVE build with low health and low resistances, burst damage is going to hit like a truck. But if you don't want to change much about your build, your best bet is to stay obviously alert, proactively buff and heal yourself, use detection measure that work for your build, and be ready to react when attacked. There won't be a lot of margin for error, simply because PVE builds are not typically designed to survive big hits. So it's going to be even more important that you react promptly by blocking, dodge rolling, and breaking free as needed. Alternatively, if you are waiting around for some time, as for a boss spawn, I've had some luck stealthing out in a corner where I can keep an eye on the area but am not immediately in the area where enemy players are going to start fighting if they come. This is especially useful if there are a lot of allies around, because the last thing you want is to be caught by a bomber. Multiple times, stealthing in the corner away from everyone has saved me from being in a bomb, while giving me the chance to join the survivors in killing the bomber.

I hope this advice is useful in some way. My experience is that everyone dies a lot in PVP, including experienced PVPers. The situations you describe can get better with certain builds and practice, but if I'm honest, lots of PVPers die in those situations too.

So if those are the main things you are struggling with, I'd say you are doing pretty good! And good luck getting all the event rewards you want.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 29, 2021 12:10AM
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your advice. But I am not a PvE player wearing PvE dd gear like you assume. I have played PvP for years and wear stuhn pariah and engine guardian.
    If you build tanky and react fast you can survive one gankblade, if you wont even survive that. But if you get ganked by a few nighblades at the same you are dead faster than you can react even with 35k hp and 40k resistance. Even if you block or dodge fast enaugh, they will still kill you.
    This event almost all attacks were by groups, I almost never got attacket by solo gankers.
    I have also seen the same player group ganking in IC and a few hours later 1vXing in Cyrodiil. I dont know why pro PvP players are grouping to hunt solo players(most of them PvP players) but they do. They cant get much Tel Var and AP because the Reward is split between all group members and most players dont carry much, probably they get less than if they solo killed a Xyvkin for most ganks. And usually there are no PUG that you can join to fight these groups so if you are not in a guild that offers IC gank groups you have to play alone.
    1v1 or XvX PvP is already ad for PvE player, but 1vX against decent Players is also not fun for PvP players.