The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Elf Bane not extending ground dots, intended?

DoonerSeraph
DoonerSeraph
✭✭✭✭
So, my girlfriend plays a magdk, and there are 3 skills not being extended by her elf bane set: Eruption, Unstable Wall of Fire, and Flames of Oblivion. She is using 3 jewelry and 2 body pieces (chest and sabatons), so theres no downtime on bar swap. Is this a bug or intended?
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a note, Burning Embers and Engulfing Flames work fine.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you in combat? Elf Bane only extends duration in combat.
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Are you in combat? Elf Bane only extends duration in combat.

Yup, we start with a LA on the dummy before anything else.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not, since it did before. Something also wrong with that set and actual working of it in another way. I haven't tested it much since the 5% nerf to damage has made me shelve my troll DoT DK that was probably the last of its kind in the PvP areas.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tested it on Live and its indeed Bugged (or not mentioned in the Patch notes, however the Set text remained the same)

Elf Bane on jewelry and Body, so both bars have the extending effect.

Skills tested:
    Bash -> in Combat
    Engulfing -> 9 Hits in 19s -> which is correct, since it only deals dmg every 2 sec
    Embers -> 9 Hits in 19s -> which is correct, since it only deals dmg every 2 sec
    Unstable Wall -> 11 hits in 10sec -> 1 tick / sec is correct, but duration should be 16 sec -> BUGGED
    Eruption -> 19 hits in 18sec -> 1 tick / sec is correct, but duration should be 23 sec -> BUGGED
    Illambris -> 6 hits in 5sec -> 1 tick / sec is correct, but duration for the fire dmg should be 10 sec -> BUGGED

Ergo, Elfbane is not effecting AOE and / or AOE Procsets -> Bug

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on August 25, 2021 9:43AM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer