The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

"Deepening Shadows" in Clockwork City Main Quest bugged?

matterandstuff
matterandstuff
✭✭✭✭
I seem to be experiencing a questline-breaking bug in Clockwork City and I was wondering a) if anyone else is experiencing it, and b) if anyone has any ideas for getting past it.

When I complete the steam valves puzzle in the Ventral Terminus "Deepening Shadows", it tells me "Take the Charged Animo Core" - but I can't pick up the animo core, there's no option. I can see it, the quest pointer is there, but the actual option to pick it up is not. I jumped around lots the first time and it would once in a while flash for a fraction of a second, but not long enough to hit it, and not in any reliable place. I reloaded UI, reloaded the game, and finally re-did the entire damned quest to that point, and there's still no option. The inability to pick up this damned core breaks the entire Clockwork City main quest unless there's some kind of workaround.

One of my guildies did mention that they'd managed to get through it earlier in the week, so I'm starting to wonder if the update might've broken something?
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't tried this quest, but from what you're saying it sounds like something that happened to me on PTS that I think has to do with the new Interaction Priority tech.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7340652/#Comment_7340652

I was doing the "Harvest Heart" quest in the Coldharbour zone line, and at the part where you have to interact with the totems to destroy them, I was not able to target them. I pretty well had to walk around them and point everywhere to try to see the activator, but it felt like something was blocking it somehow. I know the first one I had to get from the back while I was so close I was basically inside it. I also saw something called 'GlowFX' pop up too which did nothing, so I wonder if the special effects covering the activator are now making it difficult to interact with it.
  • matterandstuff
    matterandstuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! I hadn't heard of that but it sounds likely (and nice to know I'm probably not just somehow mad).
  • Scaraben_beta
    I needed the extra skill points from the questline for my main ... and I've hit the exact same bug. No matter what I do, I cannot interact with the Animo Core during the Deepening Shadows quest. Brutal.
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same bug. Cannot interact with the Charged Animo Core on PC/EU.
  • liam_98
    liam_98
    Soul Shriven
    I have this problem as well. The entire Clockwork City storyline is broken by this one bug.
  • Stephanie_ABT
    Stephanie_ABT
    ✭✭
    liam_98 wrote: »
    I have this problem as well. The entire Clockwork City storyline is broken by this one bug.

Yup. Same bug here. tried for hours today but nothing works to interact with the Charged Amino Core.

PC EU here.

Hope they fix it, i cant believe a whole zone main quest line is ruined because of this 1 bugged quest.

Delphine Veteran Rank 16 AD Sorcerer.
    GM Guild Timeless Circle
    Ex PS4 EU Now PC EU
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have also hit this same bug. Cannot interact with the Charged Animo Core, even though there is a quest arrow hovering over it, there is no option to hit a key to interact with it.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 The clockwork city zone quest is broken and cannot be progressed.
  • Faidra
    Faidra
    Soul Shriven
    Same big still there, how come this isn’t fixed?
  • Vedova
    Vedova
    ✭✭
    Im working through this quest and now i too am stuck here , unable to interact with the charged canister. Now as its a main story quest it has halted my progress through the quest and also stopped me now getting the precursor which i was also working on. Require last part and its locked behind broken quest line :(

ZOS please fix asap
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they’ll put the interaction priorities back to how they were before U31 in next week’s patch maintenance and we can all go back to whingeing, whining and moaning about bears and crafting tables.
  • Faidra
    Faidra
    Soul Shriven
    Same bug still there, how come this isn’t fixed?
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How they manage to break it since it an old dlc ? xD
    It was totally fine last time I've done its, (2y ?) and now I see this thread while I'm about to do this arc again, wtf zos ?

I'll wait for a fix then.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• liam_98
    liam_98
    Soul Shriven
    Patch notes say this is fixed. Will update once I get there.
  • Faidra
    Faidra
    Soul Shriven
    Fixed as per 7 September, tyty
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faidra wrote: »
    Fixed as per 7 September, tyty

Still broken on console.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console is always a couple of weeks behind PC, I think. But at least now you know it will be fixed in another week or so.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Vedova
    Vedova
    ✭✭
    Yeah quest fixed for me on PC.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep finished it all in one sitting. Nice zone.