Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Adding a Hand-to-hand weapon line

tripp
tripp
✭✭✭
z3o7ci.png
After going through both Morrowind and Oblivion again using nothing but my character's fists for combat, I realized how incomplete ESO feels without a dedicated HTH skill line. The "weapon" models, aka gloves/bracers/gauntlets are already in the game. Punching LAs/HAs exist. You can unequip your weapon and roleplay as a knuckle sandwich deliveryman. Problem is, you'll be about as effective as a companion in terms of damage. I reckon many people would like to see that change and have a real skill line to work with. No explanation is needed for its skills utilizing Stamina. You're channeling your inner energies and stuff. Magicka? Simple, you enchant your fists with elements. Bam, logic. So I came up with a rough draft of how HTH could be implemented in the game without feeling too out of place. No concrete values for damage, duration etc, because I have no idea how to balance things. I did take into consideration (slightly) what would and would not feel fun to play with/against. Maybe this is all for naught and ZOS are already planning to add HTH to the game in some future patch, no idea. Maybe it will give a voice to all those who want to go out and punch stuff. Who knows. In any case I'll be glad get this off my chest.
big, green, buff, but surprisingly not the Hulk