The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Snipe animation change =(

Warstory
Warstory
✭✭✭
It seems Snipe and it's morphs have reverted back to the old wonky, twitchy animation and is aiming nearly stright up. Was this intentional?
Edited by Warstory on August 23, 2021 2:43PM
PC NA
  • ToxicOutrage
    ToxicOutrage
    ✭✭✭
    I agree I hate it so much, gives me another reason to do transition to mag
  • Warstory
    Warstory
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see this change in any of the patch notes, so I am guessing it's a bug?
    PC NA
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warstory wrote: »
    I don't see this change in any of the patch notes, so I am guessing it's a bug?

Apparently, only some changes are included in patch notes.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We didn't change any animations with Snipe and aren't seeing anything different internally when we took a look. If anyone is able to provide a video or additional information about what has changed, we'd appreciate it!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Report it.

Edit - Beaten by Gina :) - NVM
    Edited by dotme on August 23, 2021 7:39PM
    PS4NA
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The animation does seem different to me. Either it's new, or the speed of the animation was changed to properly fir the new casting speed, instead of being interrupted halfway through.

I quite love this change though! The animation looks a loooot smoother and higher quality now.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you enable Multithreading? Or maybe your game runs smoother after the update and you now actually see more frames of the animation because your FPS improved? I don't know...just guessing
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• Warstory
    Warstory
    ✭✭✭

We didn't change any animations with Snipe and aren't seeing anything different internally when we took a look. If anyone is able to provide a video or additional information about what has changed, we'd appreciate it!

I just tried enabling multithreading and disabling it and there is no difference. I don't have any videos but the original animation was changed in 6.3.5 to the new one. With this latest patch it seems to have reverted back to the pre 6.3.5 animation. I am searching through youtube to see if I can find a video of the 6.3.5 animation.

Snipe:
    Reduced the cast time of these abilities to 0.8 seconds, down from 1 second.
    This ability and its morphs now have a much faster, smoother animation to support their new cast time.
    Reduced the damage done by approximately 21%.
    Reduced the base cost to 2700, down from 3240.
    Increased the travel speed slightly to help reduce the ability to fire off multiple projectiles before the original projectile landed.
    Focused Aim (morph): This morph now ranks up in cost reduction, rather than 1.1% damage per rank. The final cost is now 2430.
    PC NA
  • Warstory
    Warstory
    ✭✭✭

Here's a video with the changes, it starts around the 2.45 mark. https://youtube.com/watch?v=JMakRaexlH4
    PC NA
  • E-Zekiel
    E-Zekiel
    ✭✭✭

Here's a video with the changes, it starts around the 2.45 mark. https://youtube.com/watch?v=JMakRaexlH4

Yeah not gonna lie I kinda hate it. It looks as if the bow is being fired by pulling the bowstring back, as opposed to being fired by releasing the bowstring you have pulled. Basically, the "pull and fire" is instant and occur at the same time which look silly.

I have no issue with the overall speed of the ability, but the way it animates now is silly looking.
  • Warstory
    Warstory
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just Snipe but all Bow animations seem off. They no longer flow together in sync and some of my light attacks seem to be firing from the side of my screen as if someone was standing beside me shooting a bow lol. Attacking a mob with your weapon sheathed seems to lag and de sync animations and it's not just cosmetic, it's activley preventing light attacks from going off when weaving. Firing snipe on the move looks like you are trying to shoot into the sky.

On a side note, I guess the animation bugs are happening to nps too. I just watching Pacrooti stumble and almost trip over his seat when I was opening an Ourboros crate lol.
    PC NA
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a video from february...?

That's not what the animation looks like right now, on 7.1.5
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • Warstory
    Warstory
    ✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »

Yeah, that's the point. In the video you can see the new snipe animation we got in (6.3.5) which is labeled PTS in the video. We had the new snipe animation on live servers from 6.3.5 until the latest patch hit and it reverted back to the pre 6.3.5 animation, which it shouldn't have done and @ZOS_GinaBruno just confirmed it's not an intended change.
    Edited by Warstory on August 24, 2021 8:29PM
    PC NA
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »

Yeah, that's the point. In the video you can see the new snipe animation we got in (6.3.5) which is labeled PTS in the video. We had the new snipe animation on live servers from 6.3.5 until the latest patch hit and it reverted back to the pre 6.3.5 animation, which it shouldn't have done and @ZOS_GinaBruno just confirmed it's not an intended change.

What I'm able to see in that video is that the animations in pre-6.3.5 and 6.3.5 are exactly the same. The only difference is that the 6.3.5 animation cuts off early, giving the appearance that you don't even draw the bowstring before shooting the arrow.

The animation in 7.1.5 seems to be brand new, or at least a very refined version of the previous animations. And it has been properly sped up to match the cast time. The animation no longer gets cut off, and plays on its entirety, the bowstring is pulled all the way back.

In 7.1.5 the animation finally matches the cast time, I think it's better this way.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh. So I guess I am not crazy after all...
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.