Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any experienced players that can advise on questing?

iggysword
iggysword
I'm a new player lost in questing. I feel like I'm missing something because I seem to wind up in other zones without finishing the one I'm in.
I know there are questing guides. I began following one to a certain point. I wound up just doing zone story quests and not picking up any random quests from npc's.
Does anyone have a system to questing that works for you? Do you pick up all the quests that come available?
Any advice is appreciated

Best Answers

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are daily quests that will send you all over the map. Those are given by NPCs with Blue Markers.

White Markers will keep you in the zone. The elaborate markers are either a main zone story quest or a game main quest.
    Edited by Nestor on August 21, 2021 8:11PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the starting cities have some NPCs that chase you down to do quests in the DLC Chapters. Stuga is one, she is made at you because she has been looking for you. Even though she and a few others have a white marker, you will go to another zone. Look for keywords like Wrothgar or Orsinum or a cart that wants to send you to Blackwood or Summerset or Elsewyer. Other than Wrothgar, the Wayshrine to go back is usually right behind you.

Also, there is a pinned thread at the top of the players helping players section that gives steps to keep the various quests straight.

You can also drop any quest to start over or ignore it for a while. It will be offered again.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the Chapters, I start doing the main story quest, then travel to each new location via road, doing all the radiant quests and delves as I arrive at each new location. The Devs are usually pretty good at leading me around the zone to the various towns and quest locations.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 21, 2021 8:22PM
    Answer ✓
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to do the main story in a given zone first (a quick way to see where you are supposed to go next if you get side-tracked is the built-in zone guide), and after it's completed, I pick the side quests.
    Answer ✓
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pick up side quests in whatever zone I'm working as I go because I'm afraid I may not get them or remember where they were. I readily then abandon any that I discover are prologue or DLC/Chapter quests if I'm not ready for them yet. When I'm ready for a DLC/Chapter, I usually go online to see if there is a prologue and how to get it. Then, when ready for the actual Chapter/DLC, I usually activate the starting quest from the Stories menu in game.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Answer ✓
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    iggysword wrote: »
    I'm a new player lost in questing. I feel like I'm missing something because I seem to wind up in other zones without finishing the one I'm in.
    I know there are questing guides. I began following one to a certain point. I wound up just doing zone story quests and not picking up any random quests from npc's.
    Does anyone have a system to questing that works for you? Do you pick up all the quests that come available?
    Any advice is appreciated

Unfortunately, the quest log allows you to keep too few quests active at once.

Quests you'll want to have picked up and living in your log include:
    • 1 quest for the Main Quest.
    • 0-3 daily repeatable quests for the Undaunted Guild, Fighters Guild, and Mages Guild respectively.
    • 0-7 crafting writs.
    • 0-1 main quest line quests each for the Mages Guild and Fighters Guild. (The Fighters Guild has a good story and the Mages Guild gives you 2 skill points at the end if you do the less moral thing.) Accepting these also shuts up annoying quest givers.
    • 0-X other quests to shut up annoying quest givers who want you to go to various other zones.
    • (After you hit Level 45) 0-3 daily Undaunted Pledge quests.
    • 0-7 Imperial City quests (if you're doing anything there you should pick up all 6 daily quests and perhaps one of the story quests at once).
    • Quests you're actually interested in doing to progress through the game's zones.

And that's not even a complete list.

It's tough to fit all that into 25 slots.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on August 22, 2021 1:07AM
    Answer ✓
  • iggysword
    iggysword
    Thank you. That's helpful