The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Starting zone question

iggysword
iggysword
I am fairly new to ESO. I just started an alt and being it is my second character I decided to skip the tutorial. I wound up in Vvardenfell instead of my Aldmeri Dominion starting zone that I believe is Khenarthi's Roost.
My question is should I stay in Vvardenfell and complete the zone? Or try and get to my alliance starting zone?
If I stay where I'm at would I be missing anything?
Thanks

Best Answers

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won't miss anything by staying in Vvardenfell, but narratively, there's a few quests that will make more sense if you start the Main Quest by following the Hooded Figure first.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can start in Vvardenfell. But, the content will be somewhat harder than in the Original Zones. You can always travel to Khenarthi's Roost if you want.

Note, the Tutorial is now much shorter, and gives you more control over where you start the game. You get to pick from a series of doors or portals.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like the way they look and the race for the class, keep it and travel to the zone you want.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game makes much more sense storywise if you follow the playing it in order guide - if you just port to Khenarthi's Roost everything will work fine.
    Too many toons not enough time
    Answer ✓
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to do the original main quest, go to Auridon, Vulkhel Guard and walk around the wayshrine square until you meet a hooded stranger, who will direct you to the mysterious benefactor. You'll be off and running on the original quest that way, and end up on Kenarthi's Roost after the beginning, unless I'm misremembering things, which is possible.
    Answer ✓
  • iggysword
    iggysword
    Nestor wrote: »
    You can start in Vvardenfell. But, the content will be somewhat harder than in the Original Zones. You can always travel to Khenarthi's Roost if you want.

Note, the Tutorial is now much shorter, and gives you more control over where you start the game. You get to pick from a series of doors or portals.

Thanks for the info
    I'm only level 6. Should I delete this character and start over and do the tutorial?
    Or just go to Khenarthi's Roost like you first suggested.