Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ZOS isn't giving me an incentive to buy crowns

RaikaNA
RaikaNA
✭✭✭✭✭
Good quality apex items are behind the gem system... where you must purchase RNG boxes to accumulate gems... most of the time you get junk like poisons and crown soul gems that you generally get through the daily logins.. not worth it IMO. I just saw something that I really wanted to purchase with the 14k crowns that I have.. it's the Coldflame epidermis skin.. looks cool... yet locked under the gem system... I can get it through endeavours.. but I'm not even close.

Please get rid of the gem system, ZOS... you're losing business with this kind of shady practice. Please give me the incentive to buy crowns once again instead of shoving these 40% sales down my throat when theirs nothing to buy from the actual crown store... you should read some of the Facebook comments that people made as you purchase sponsor slots to advertise the crown sales... not very good ones either.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, there is no incentive to buy crowns when 90% of the shop stuff is never available.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed the same thing, ever since crown crates were introduced the amount of crowns I've been buying has dropped dramatically because there's so little I want to spend them on.

I don't like the vast majority of apex mounts so I don't mind about them, but there's quite a few things in the lower tiers I like and would buy if they were sold directly in the crown store. But I don't want to waste money gambling for it, especially when the chances are I'll end up with a bunch of other stuff I definitely don't want as well.

The new endeavours system helps a little bit, but it takes so long to get enough seals for an item that it's not really pratical for more than the occasional purchase.

Even if they put stuff in the crates first then rotated it through the store later on once new crates were released it would be an improvement.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, same though. Though I have a little more hope they’ve started putting more unique mounts in-game now. This meme I made pretty much sums up how I feel on the whole crown gem exclusive nonsense:
    9hd8lttn79z61.png

For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR