The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

The game lacks an "important" pvp event

Moriz
Moriz
✭✭✭
Hello,
I'm a long time ESO player, been playing almost exclusively for PVP, on and off since 2017. The only reason I have ever left this game is because none of my friends ever end up actually liking this game and sticking to it for long periods of time.

The feedback a lot of my MMORPG PvP friends is that the game lacks a sense of purpose for PVP. Like there isn't really any incentive, rewards or even a serious/competitive mode that could happen once or twice a week, where guilds/groups would compete.
Like a true castle siege/or literally anything competitive with some meaningful rewards and incentives for PvP.

Battlegrounds are awesome, but the leaderboards are a joke and there are literally 0 rewards or incentives for you to really try to be competitive at it. The same with Cyro, it's fantastic and a lot of fun, but it has no "weight" to it as it's something that never ends.
Same can be said about imperial city, they are all great pieces of content, but they are available 24/7.

It would be fantastic to have something awesome to do Friday night with the boys, preparing for this big and important PvP battle for something that would actually mean something if we were to perform well in it.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have never been the type of player that needs an incentive to pvp, if it's fun I'll do it. I don't think the pvp in this game is as fun as guild wars 2 or warcraft due to just how clunky the combat is, but maybe some other players are driven away due to lack of rewards?

I do know that pve players hate feeling forced to pvp to get gear, but maybe they could just add larger XP, gold, or valuable consumables and appearance items to pvp?
    Options