The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Was Lair of Maarselok 4th boss stealth changed?

hcbigdogdoghc
hcbigdogdoghc
✭✭✭✭✭
I admit i rarely play this dungeon, but when I did this a couple of hours back i swear if feels super different.

First things first, the fus ro dah timing feels....super off? It used to be different, i can feel it in my bones....not sure what's going on.

Stranglers, i remember that they used to spawn in different part of the map every cycle, but it seems right now they literally only spawn on one side?

And did they reduced the number of adds? seems a lot fewer than before, i don't' think i saw any imps wasps and spriggans too irrc, they used to be there.

Is it just me?
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My group has ran Maarselok consistently past week and also noticed this. I didn't even think of the less adds factor, now that you mention it I only recall bear adds showing up. The encounter was 100% stealth nerfed since last update.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a few instances where I just can't block the shout. 100% missed blocks over the course of the fight. I'm not sure what's up with that, but it doesn't happen all the time.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've had a few instances where I just can't block the shout. 100% missed blocks over the course of the fight. I'm not sure what's up with that, but it doesn't happen all the time.

That's happened multiple times to me. I'm blocking for a good solid second before it hits, and I still fly across the room.

Also, the tree boss seems to force 3 phases now regardless. It used to be super easy to get only 2. Now, it's like it just goes immune after a certain percent below 50. I wonder what else they ghost-changed and just never mentioned it.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a run recently and noticed the shout thing too: in the past I would be able to block it, but in that run it would throw me back every time throughout the block.
    Edited by Jaimeh on August 20, 2021 11:21AM