The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magplar U31

Amerises
Amerises
✭✭✭✭
So are we slotting trap, camo hunter, and flawless dawnbreaker with kilt and medium slimecraw? That's 13% more SD and with changes to balanced warrior, that'll be 19% more SD and 4% crit damage (from medium).

We lose 5% max mag and regain (mages guild and light armor passives) and 1% crit and gain all this for fighter's guild passives. Is there a reason to use mages guild abilities anymore after update? Backbar desto ult to open up with, and flawless throughout the fight?

Backlash max damage is now based on SD, so that'll hit super hard with the extra SD.

Am I missing something, or is this going to be meta?
Edited by Amerises on August 12, 2021 6:34PM
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a main Templar since Beta I love that we've finally got some love. I think all the new stuff with rune healing, balanced warrior etc is perfect changes. But I agree with Backlash... That seems overtuned maybe? I just hope they don't overdo something and then they decide to tune around everything else.
    Options
  • EndOfGreen
    Not only magplars. I believe most of all the magicka classes would love to try that setup
    Options
  • lQrukl
    lQrukl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea, mages guild passives would be much more useless next patch. Especially considering the bahsei: noone needs extra recovery, and if anyone still needs ( like healer or tank ), Magicka Aid would be much more helpfull ( 10% >> 2% )

I would rather see parity than superiority of fighters guild abilities at least for magdd.

But it looks like this will not happen soon ( if zos pay attention to this problem at all ), given the balance changes rate.

Not to mention the fact that now all magdd are required to wear a trap ( nasty stamina mele ability :C ), because of +3% free spelldmg without any alternative: medusa almost dead for most classes after 7-0 meta release and Channeled Acceleration is more pointless then ever before.
    Edited by lQrukl on August 16, 2021 7:22PM
    Options
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The fighters guild passives are a perfect example of homogenization going too far. Why would the fighters guild give bonuses to mages? Why would the mages guild give bonuses to warriors for that matter? It doesn't make sense and there's no reason for it other than this wierd push they are doing for hybrid builds.

They don't seem to realise how imbalanced they have made the bonuses for these guilds now.
    Options
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure it's a push toward hybrids as much as it's a standardization to make balance. Pretty much happens in every mmo that's been around for a long time. I was considering magika aid on back bar if the extra sustain is needed. If the cp nerf to sustain is a bug effect, or else you're right, sometimes sustain can work against you lol
    Options
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't use the word standardization but either way it isn't making balance better, it's making it worse. Before you would see stamina builds slotting fighters guild abilities and magicka builds slotting mages guild abilities. Makes sense right?

Not sure why, but now that they have hybridized everything, mages guild will be used much less and everyone will use fighters guild.
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    I wouldn't use the word standardization but either way it isn't making balance better, it's making it worse. Before you would see stamina builds slotting fighters guild abilities and magicka builds slotting mages guild abilities. Makes sense right?

Not sure why, but now that they have hybridized everything, mages guild will be used much less and everyone will use fighters guild.

It’s a little strange, but no more than the old system. Why would holding a better sword increase spell damage? And why would sharpening that sword increase spell penetration? I can get onboard for guild skills benefiting all builds because that is good for balance.
    Options
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with you. It doesn't make sense. I am against homogenization of stats across the board.

You might have to explain how these fighters guild changes are good for balance, because all i see is greater imbalance.
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess homogenization and balance are two sides of the same coin. I generally like the changes on PTS because they allow new builds that were not possible before. It gives access to new options, and new buffs that were not viable before.

Mag builds for example can slot Camo Hunter for Minor Berserk, and not feel like they are missing out on passives for slotting a class or Mage’s Guild skill instead. Stam builds can see similar benefits from slotting something like Revealing Flare, which previously gave only Magicka Recovery and now also gives them something useful, Major Protection. Similarly the armor hybridization is having interesting effects, since Magicka builds can get damage stats from using 1-2 pieces of medium (such as the Harpooner’s Kilt), while Stamina builds can get crit chance and penetration from 1-2 pieces of Light (such as Thrassian Stranglers).

Hybrid builds are also becoming more viable with every patch, with some hybridization being firmly meta (Det Siphon on Magcro), and other cases being at least competitive.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on August 16, 2021 10:37PM
    Options