The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[PS5] Crash in Library of Arkthzand

cynicalbutterfly
cynicalbutterfly
✭✭✭✭
First time, the game crashed upon entering the Library. Second through 4th incidents, just moving 2 steps inside the Library of Arkthzand crashed the game. 5th time, I didn't even get the chance to move but instead got crashed when Varandis walked by me. 6th time, it crashed just logging in. Do I need to go on? This is part of the quest and I can't finish it with all the crashes. I'll be lucky if I'm able to get out of the Library without getting my guy stuck in there.
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update: I managed to get out by teleporting to one of my houses. I had to be really quick and really lucky to accomplish this feat. So yay I'm not stuck anymore but I also can't finish the quest.

Also ticket # for reference: 210808-006942. I do not expect a reponse of course. I know better than to expect that but please fix this issue. It is quest breaking.
    Edited by cynicalbutterfly on August 9, 2021 12:43AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @cynicalbutterfly

Please check your forum inbox as we've sent you an update on the current ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update: Tested on the PS4 version. Alt character walked in and did jumping jacks inside the room at the Library with no crashes. However the same alt crashed going into the Library on the PS5 version.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is happening to me too. I cannot continue the story. I've been waiting for weeks for this to be fixed. Got back from a 3 week vacation and still not fixed.
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is happening to me too. I cannot continue the story. I've been waiting for weeks for this to be fixed. Got back from a 3 week vacation and still not fixed.

Only way around it is installing the PS4 version and doing that part on it. I did the rest of the story on PS5 version with no other problems. It is literally just that one section of the quest going into the Library annex with Varandis that crashes the game. It's insane that one section causes that much of a problem and no one has done anything about it. Nor even bothered to acknowledge there's a problem.