The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Inventory Insight crashing my entire game

frattastic
frattastic
✭✭
Hi all, I'm getting massive UI errors when logging onto a char that has inventory insight. it completely crashes my UI and makes the game unplayable. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted all saved variables from both II and its dependent libraries. ultimately, I've been playing without the addon, but its getting annoying. I've posted the text of the UI error im getting below - I really dont know much about coding so 1. I cant decipher it and 2. if you try and explain it to me, I wont get it. Wondering if anyone knows how to fix and, if not, if there are alternative addons that show your inventory across multiple characters.

Thanks

user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfABackpack.lua:364: attempt to index a number value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfABackpack.lua:364: in function 'itemSum'
user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfABackpack.lua:424: in function 'IIfA:UpdateScrollDataLinesData'
user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfABackpack.lua:541: in function 'IIfA:RefreshInventoryScroll'
user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfA_xml_adapter.lua:657: in function 'IIfA:RePositionFrame'
user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfASceneFuncs.lua:115: in function 'IIfA:ProcessInventoryTabChange'
user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfASceneFuncs.lua:47: in function 'callback'
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:107: in function 'ZO_CallbackObjectMixin:FireCallbacks'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:143: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:SetState'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:152: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:OnShown'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragmentTemplates.lua:59: in function '(anonymous)'

user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfADataCollection.lua:696: attempt to index a number value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfADataCollection.lua:696: in function 'IIfA:ClearUnowned'
user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfADataCollection.lua:678: in function 'IIfA:CollectAll'
user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfAEvents.lua:9: in function 'IIfA_EventOnPlayerUnloaded'

user:/AddOns/LibAsync/LibAsync.lua:53: user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfADataCollection.lua:696: attempt to index a number value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfADataCollection.lua:696: in function 'IIfA:ClearUnowned'
user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfADataCollection.lua:672: in function '(anonymous)'
(tail call): ?
[C]: in function 'pcall'
user:/AddOns/LibAsync/LibAsync.lua:37: in function 'DoCallback'
user:/AddOns/LibAsync/LibAsync.lua:67: in function 'DoJob'
user:/AddOns/LibAsync/LibAsync.lua:145: in function 'async.Scheduler'
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
user:/AddOns/LibAsync/LibAsync.lua:53: in function 'DoCallback'
user:/AddOns/LibAsync/LibAsync.lua:67: in function 'DoJob'
user:/AddOns/LibAsync/LibAsync.lua:145: in function 'async.Scheduler'
  • frattastic
    frattastic
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure this has any solutions in it unless I missed something.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the thread the author checks. Post your issues there
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    That is the thread the author checks. Post your issues there

It would seem that the add-on authors are AWOL atm (@manavortex has stated that they do not play the game anymore).

Really sad that I had to disable this excellent add-on as it was wreaking havoc, no more crashes since I reluctantly disabled Inventory Insight.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This addon works fine for me, without any of the above mentioend errors. It must be because of old SavedVariables you got then?
    Did you LOGOUT before deleting the SV files? Else they will be rebuild from ingame memory.

Try to logout, delete or rename the file c:\users\...\documents\elder scrolls online\live\SavedVariables\IIfA.lua
    Then delete the folder c:\users\...\documents\elder scrolls online\live\AddOns\IIfA\ completely.
    Download the newest version of the addon and all needed libraries and install them to c:\users\...\documents\elder scrolls online\live\AddOns\ like described here https://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php?faq=install#faq_howto_install (watch the extraction f the zip files -> might build subfolders of the .zip filename which are wrong! AddOns need to be direcly in live/AddOns without any subfolders except the addon's subfolder from the .zip archive file, in this case: "IIfA").

Login and check if it works now with ONLY IIfA and needed libraries enbaled! Do not enable ANY other addon please!!!

If not post your "recent/newest" error messages at the IIfA comments please AND also tell me THERE in the comments how to rebuild the error message (like "directly after login", or "login and press keybind to show IIfA UI without having opened the game's inventory before").

Attention:
    I'm not going to work on any posts made here in teh forum further, please write to the addon comments like asked for and exactly described above. Otherwise I cannot help.
    Edited by Baertram on September 21, 2021 1:37PM