The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Same people in IC everyday

jarlragnar
jarlragnar
✭✭✭
When in go into IC from time to time, I PvP the same people all the time. Does anyone else go to besides hardcore PvPers? Maybe these players can only PvP in IC because they can't win in Cyrodiil
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the only people in IC are hardcore PvPers, it drives everyone else away. It's the nature of the format. The strongest players will do well and everyone else can struggle for a while or try to avoid them, but eventually move on to other aspects of the game that they can enjoy more.

If ZOS wants to get a larger variety of players into IC, they need to examine the core reward structure of that format and it absolutely does not reward casual players overly well. At the very least, they aren't incentivized to stay there any longer than absolutely necessary.
    Edited by redspecter23 on August 5, 2021 3:01AM
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC is a waste of time by design

Why waste time farming Tel Var for some NB to attack you when you are fighting the boss, then run into stealth when they are losing, rinse-repeat until you either kill the boss or are dead.

Did I mention that there are usually groups of NBs? Or guilds patrolling just to "troll" every once in a while?

Usually, no one can seriously find such an uneven playing field fun, except for winners.

Then overall game balance is bad this patch, and the next patch will be worse at this rate.

For me, when something is balanced terribly and not fun, that time is better spent elsewhere.

I can tell you, watching paint dry is, in fact, better than IC.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they want bring ppl back in the area,they could have a pvp free event once a while (1 weekend per month for example) where no1 can kill other player,pve folks can do ther quests,kill bosses and visit some of the places without fear of ganking
    Edited by method__01 on August 10, 2021 7:41AM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, something needs to be done about IC.
    ZOS needs to figure out why nobody is in there and change those aspects of it.
    And also make it more rewarding to be in there.

I don't care about tel var, I have everything I want from IC. I go in there sometimes to do a daily and fight a couple players if I can find them, then I leave because it's empty.

I like IC, I think it could potentially be a well populated zone if adjusted correctly.
    PS | EU
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qucker respawn times, more causal-friendly TV loss/gain and the zone could become more populated. At the moment its just a gank-fest and ghost town as consequence.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess the only thing that would work is to eliminate tel-var loss. It's going against what zone was designed for and takes away a huge portion of what was the last place in ESO where you can still experience fear going behind every corner, which was great and had actual elder scrolls feeling to it. But I perfectly understand people who don't want to engage in it cause of that, maybe some compromise of 20-10% lose would do even but idk, we should ask people who dislike the place about it. Disable/tuning any stealth based mechanics, like no cloak or invis pots and crouch reduces speed dramatically? Maybe even so.

Rewards are already insanely good and easy to get there, I can't think of any better to be honest.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadly there does not seem to be much of a point to IC once you get everything you want from it.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love going there! It's good money for doing PvP things. I do the daily quests so if I lose my tel var my trip hasn't lost all of it value. Those runeboxes you can get with the merits go for a good bit. Plus I usually do fine tel var wise even with all those nightblades.

The PvP opponents there range from PvE players to 1vXers. You probably run into more hardcore players ready for solo fights versus cyrodiil where many hardcore players will be with guild groups in group builds.
    Edited by TBois on August 10, 2021 1:17PM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d guess that 75% of my play time over the last 7 years has been Cyrodiil and BG. I see a lot of what most would consider “pardcore pvp” players there. I run IC once a week with my guild for reward boxes, the players we encounter there are not what I consider hardcore pvp. If IC actually appealed to hardcore pvp’ers you’d see a much bigger population and more variety in the group compositions and types of fights.

Instead, the IC terrain is a boon only to gankers and people with speed/los builds. Both are my least fave type of people to fight. There’s no excitement in those encounters for me, only annoyance. I think many people feel the same way.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heck if it wasn't penalized to group up that would allow small group combat to show up some.

Maybe it's mistaken but I keep hearing how grouping reduces your ultimate Telvar awards vs. soloing. But almost nobody has any interest in grouping at all beyond 2 people there.

... Except Midyear Mayhem time, when casual players *expect* to group up and often can't.
    PC NA
  • jarlragnar
    jarlragnar
    ✭✭✭
    If your faction has all the flags and you solo a boss, you get 10k tel var, then port to cyrodiil then port back to IC and deposit, rinse and repeat and hope you don't get ganked.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imperial city was battlegrounds and lots of 1 v 1 duels before there was a battlegrounds...

pvpers don't need to be overly incentivized to play specific content - cyrodiil rewards are poop...

what we want is an environment conducive to uninterrupted combat...allow us to respawn at any friendly alliance district platform...

stop connecting those respawn points to the district flags...

that's it, that simple - remove that one rule set and they will come...

if I find someone fun to fight in cyro we'll keep respawning and going at one another time and again if one of us is able to respawn close by to where we are fighting...

that's what IC used to be - endless (and a bit mindless :p) combat...

it's amazing, even with access to player data zos still managed to mess up IC to the point it's only populated now during events...

just give us back the opportunity to keep fighting and not having to go through a few loading screens to get back to the spot we died at...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 14, 2021 10:02PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    It really doesnt make sense that only the faction that holds the flag can respawn in the quarter if every faction has their own respawn point in the quarter und you can get there from the base with one loadscreen. And you also cant spawn in the base if your faction has at least one flag, else you can spawn only in your base. It only causes extra loadscreens for no reason.
    Also the Doors in Imperial City in IC cant be used if you received any damage in the last few seconds making it impossible to escape if i get attacked by a group.
    The Tel Vaar Multiplier forces you to carry Tel Var while farming NPCs, but not for ganking other players. No decent Tel Var farmer dies to NPCs, they die because they get ganked.
    Why should only the the ganked Person and not the ganker loose Tel Var.
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play PVP every day but I only go to IC during events, sometimes. During the previous Midyear Mayhem event, I didn't even bother with the IC tickets as I'd rather just have fun in Cyrodiil instead.

Why? Firstly I dislike the PVE/PVP blend. Guards in Cyrodiil are already annoying enough, and I don't see the appeal of ogrims with huge hitboxes getting involved in fights between players. It just feels like a drag. There's also no real reward for going there. Sure, Tel Var can be converted into nice amounts of gold these days, and the lack of rewards also applies to Cyrodiil, but at least there I enjoy the element of vast, open-world PVP, prolonged sieges, and progressing my AvA rank. IC, on the other hand, is just not something that has ever appealed to me.

On a sidenote, the 'seeing the same players every day' thing also sort of applies to Cyrodiil outside prime time. The PVP community as a whole is just not that big.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Klabbath
    Klabbath
    jarlragnar wrote: »
    When in go into IC from time to time, I PvP the same people all the time. Does anyone else go to besides hardcore PvPers? Maybe these players can only PvP in IC because they can't win in Cyrodiil

I'd say it's more because of how unplayable Cyrodiil is. At least you get skills off in about 3 clicks in Imperial City, whatever you have to click in IC is +5 clicks in Cyro, not even considering the desync of positions.
    PC - EU
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the main reason IC is usually dead is the Tel Var loss on death. If that's removed or at least greatly reduced then I think there would be a lot more players in there.