Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Applying Appearance collectables to a new character

TheChookyWookiee
TheChookyWookiee
Soul Shriven
I am not sure what I have done and how to fix it.

I have a new character that I am trying to apply hairstyles and other appearance collectables too. On my character select screen, he will have the correct appearance with the hair style I have selected. But in-game he is back to normal. I know I must have something toggled in my settings or an addon. Either that, I am just level 22 on him...is there a level cap or have I toggled something?

Cheers in advance
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something I've noticed is that "disguises" that you sometime equip for quests seem completely revert you're character's appearance to what you set in character creation, including removing adornments, skins, and hiding vampirism.

If you're character doesn't have a disguise equipped, then I'm not sure but it could be an addon clearing equipped cosmetics. If it's only on that one character I'd doubt it though, or it'd be obvious which addon that character alone uses as the cause.
    PC NA
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that the collectables show on the character select screen makes me think it's almost certainly a disguise, because disguises don't show on character select.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some hair styles / hats / face adornments can conflict with each other.

For example some hats will overwrite your hairstyle and make it a short plain version to avoid clipping. Some major or minor adornments don't play well with each other, etc.

Also make sure about any costume or polymorph you may have equipped.
    Edited by Fennwitty on August 2, 2021 3:21PM
    PC NA