Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Group finder need a rework

Fhritz
Fhritz
✭✭✭✭✭
Group finder (or dungeon finder) is REALLY outdated. It works REALLY bad, it doesn't even include trial (plus dsa and brp), and you can't personalize your group ( 4 DD fast run for example).

I think group finder should work with "request". For example, you want to do vMHK hm with a competent group. You should be able to post in a specific menu (like the guild research) a "request" with sort description. When another player want to join, he just needs to join your group with a button in the request, and when your group is ready you can then start your dungeon (and keep in mind that the dungeon doesn't start automatically, so you can verify if someone is a fake tank / heal or whatever). It should work with random dungeon and trials too (in a separated category).

It may not speed up things because the more specific is your demand, the fewer people may be interested, but at least it should make things more organized, allow you to do some things beside your research EVEN for a trial and actually making people see who want to do what, instead of starting a blind research for 1h as a dd

What are your thoughts ?
I'm a single character man.
Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
And...that's it.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just so tired of the Group Finder getting the four players need, and only 3 players accept, the third times out. So it drops all and your back in the Que. This happens over and over and over.

It should just keep the 3 that accepted, and search for the fourth. Not drop all.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the proposal, but I also think you could run this new system alongside the current group finder. It wouldn't have to replace it. Many games in the past have had grouping request menus that are a bit more detailed than group finder. You could post up more specific things. Maybe "World boss run in Summerset, looking for more" or "killing innocents in Bal Foyen for kicks" or things like you've mentioned above "Looking for 3 more for vMHK hard mode runs".

Players could browse the listings and apply to fill roles or post up their own groups looking for more. Group leads can then see the applicants and accept or deny them. We don't have world wide zone chats so this could consolidate many group requests that are currently tied to specific zones. It would be nice to browse potential trials groups from zones other than Craglorn. You could reach a game wide audience rather than one zone at a time.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queue times are already long. They would be unbearably long if players got to pick and choose what type of group they want.

I would like to see a separate chat tab that can be seen no matter what zone you are in. The tab would be a looking for group tab that could be trials or dungeons. It would need to be drop down oriented to keep people from spamming unrelated messages though. I'm thinking it would work king of like a bot. You type in start group and you are asked what content and mode you want to run. You are then asked what roles and how many of each you want in the group and then what minimum level is required. After answering the questions a message would be posted giving the specifics of the group being formed. Probably would need a cool down so players don't spam.
    Probably overly complicated but a random group finder for trials and people wanting specific roles/levels isn't going to work well.
    Would be good if when queuing for a random you could opt into a non traditional group. The group finder would try and fill traditional groups first but if no tank was available and there were four players in queue that don't care what type of group they get they would be put together and off they go. People wanting the traditional group would be stuck waiting in queue until a tank arrived.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Option not to join dungeon in progress would be very nice, FFXIV has this for example. Getting into a team that cannot complete the dungeon and getting 15 min cooldown is not nice.