The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is this REALLY how we're going to go forward?

Darena_Bryant
I got into the Elsweyr event and decided to buckle down and grind through it until I got the parts for the new mount they're showcasing. Yes, I feel like they screwed it up some; why they made it an almost all black, boring looking gryphon instead of something glowy or colorful I have no idea. Even various flame colors would have made more sense, but I digress. My issue is that after collecting all the parts, I went to summon my steed... and it needs two more parts that aren't even available yet.

Now I know they kinda did this with the Indriks. You could only get certain ones at certain times of the year. But I believe you could get all the pieces for one in a single event as long as you participated in a timely manner. But now you have to wait for multiple events to come and go just to get ONE reward you want from a set of potential rewards? For example, *IF* they release the next two parts for the mount, then it'll take me three months to get one mount with nothing special about it other than how it looks. And there's nothing really great about it's appearance. And that's... that's frustrating.

Did it feel like it was too easy to get the rewards from the previous events? I feel like they could simply have made it so I could farm all the required parts for one 'special' reward per event, so I could come out of it feeling accomplished and looking forward to the next event. Am I wrong here?
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The indriks were released in the same way. Each needed four berries, and those four berries were released at the rate of one or two per event. They cost 40 event tickets each - plus another 40 for the always-available feathers for the Nascent Indrik.

The Morpholith only requires *three* always-available items that cost 5 tickets each, to actually make the original (15 rather than 40 tickets), and *three* items that are introduced one at a time over the course of events costing 10 tickets each (30 rather than 40) to upgrade it to the newest upgraded version.
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The indriks were the same. one magic deer every quarter, so it took multiple events to get all 4 fragments to make it. They didn't release all 4 fragments at once.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As stated in the previous replies, it was the same with the indriks, as well as everything else except the basic fragments-- but only after the initial events.

To clarify:

The events are divided into quarterly periods-- that is, 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter, and 4th quarter of the given year, where each quarter is essentially 3 months long and generally follows the calendar. Once in a while an event might begin at the end of one quarter and extend into the beginning of another quarter (which could conceivably be in the next year as well), but for fragment purposes the event is classified as falling within one quarter or the other, not both.

The first quarter of events, when the feathers for summoning the nascent indrik were first introduced, the first event had only the first feather, then the second event added the second feather, then the third event added the third feather, etc., as follows:

- Event 1: Only fragment 1 was available.
    - Event 2: Fragments 1 and 2 were available.
    - Event 3: Fragments 1, 2, and 3 were available.
    - Event 4: Fragments 1, 2, 3, and 4 were available.

During subsequent quarters, when the berries for evolving a nascent indrik were introduced, the berries followed the same pattern as above, whereas all 4 feathers were available.

It's basically the same pattern this year, except there are fewer events each quarter, and only 3 fragments rather than 4-- with the exception of the house, which will have 5 fragments.

Whenever they have fewer events in a given quarter than the number of fragments being introduced that quarter, there will be 2 or more fragments introduced at the same time during an event, depending on how many fragments need to be introduced during that quarter and how many events are planned for that quarter-- but that situation of introducing more than 1 fragment at a time is generally the exception, not the norm.

Anyway, this is the first event of Q3, so only the first fragment of the mount is available right now, along with all 3 fragments of the pet (since the pet fragments were introduced in a previous quarter's events and the pet is needed in order to get the other collectibles from each subsequent quarter).
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were a couple of times when two berries showed up for one event due to a bug or problem of some sort. I think one was related to an issue with MYM.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how it's always been. It takes more than one event to earn the pieces for a mount. The indriks were the same.
    Also, I'm GLAD he's black. I don't want some neon day-glo sparkle mount.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

This.
    Dear. Azura. This.
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

This.
    Dear. Azura. This.

Seriously. There are already way too many cotton candy mounts running about and killing immersion.
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie, this thing is beautiful. If I were to start this event today, could I complete the necessary grind by the 3rd?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    The indriks were released in the same way. Each needed four berries, and those four berries were released at the rate of one or two per event. They cost 40 event tickets each - plus another 40 for the always-available feathers for the Nascent Indrik.

The Morpholith only requires *three* always-available items that cost 5 tickets each, to actually make the original (15 rather than 40 tickets), and *three* items that are introduced one at a time over the course of events costing 10 tickets each (30 rather than 40) to upgrade it to the newest upgraded version.

I think your recollection is correct, that it was not possible to get a full mount in one event. It also makes sense we could not get it all in one event, both ticket-wise and everything being available, as that would mean Zenimax would have to create several times the rewards.

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie, this thing is beautiful. If I were to start this event today, could I complete the necessary grind by the 3rd?

Yes, if you start right now you can earn up to 8 tickets by the end of this event, which is 3 more than you need to buy the first fragment of the pet.

Then during the rest of the events this quarter (should be at least one more, probably two more) you can earn the other 37 tickets needed to buy the other 2 fragments of the pet plus the 3 fragments of the mount.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭

Almost certainly as long as you are diligent about getting tickets during the next two events. Note that the last event is based around Blackwood, so if you don't have the chapter you won't be able to get tickets. If that is the case, get all of the remaining tickets from this event (6 if my math is correct), then buy the two fragments during the Year One Celebration next month and save 10 tickets from the end of it to get the final mount fragment during the Blackwood event. You'd probably have to buy the Unstable Morpholiph pet fragments during the following event (Witches Festival?) but could do it.

If you do have Blackwood it's even easier, but do still be sure to buy the mount fragments first to be safe, as those will be removed from the vendor after all three have been released while the pet ones will continue to be offered through the end of the year.
    PC NA
  • Orion_89
    Orion_89
    ✭✭✭✭
    Previously I didn't want to use it on my main, but when I saw it on the live-server, black appearance seemed perfectly much with my style so... I think it will be my second favoured mount after Scarlet Regret senche.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you don't like how it looks, you don't have to grind for it you know?

We all know ZOS will pump out several different crown store coloured reskins over the next couple of years anyway :tongue:
  • Darena_Bryant
    This. Dear. Azura. This.
    Seriously. There are already way too many cotton candy mounts running about and killing immersion.

I can see by this that people misinterpreted what I meant by 'something other than black'. For example, since it's supposed to be based off of the morpholith, why not use *all* of the colors of it and give it a bit of fire-y reds, oranges and yellows to the edges of it's feathers, beak and claws? Why not make it's eyes glow with fire?

Right now, I'm riding a flame atronach sence; one of the older models, and that's basically all I'm asking for as far as coloration and design. Right now, the gryphon looks like it's just the base model; as if they started to flesh it out more, adding a layer of browns to the base black shape, then stopped for some reason. It feels incomplete.

At NO point would I want a 'neon, day glo, cotton candy' mount. Just something a bit more dramatic and cool looking, much like how you evolved into Nascent Indrik into more colorful variants.
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    If you don't like how it looks, you don't have to grind for it you know?

We all know ZOS will pump out several different crown store coloured reskins over the next couple of years anyway :tongue:

Yeah, I know, but I've literally been asking for a gryphon mount forever, so to just skip out on it is kinda frustrating, especially since I already have all the items from this event and only need two more parts. Might as well complete it, you know?

And honestly, it would be nice to not have to wait on the crown store for the variants, or to have to use it at all.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth I'm looking forward to using this mount and if it looked like the flame atronach ones I wouldn't even bother unlocking it because I'd never use it on any of my characters. (For similar reasons I waited to pre-purchase Blackwood until after they removed the lava bear from the pre-order rewards because I'd never use it and didn't want the clutter in the collections menu.)

I'm sure some of the people above understood what you were asking for, but different people like different things and not everyone wants their mounts to flash and glow, some prefer more 'understated' designs or ones that look like actual (albeit mythical) animals rather than some sort of magical construct.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This. Dear. Azura. This.

I can see by this that people misinterpreted what I meant by 'something other than black'. For example, since it's supposed to be based off of the morpholith, why not use *all* of the colors of it and give it a bit of fire-y reds, oranges and yellows to the edges of it's feathers, beak and claws? Why not make it's eyes glow with fire?

Right now, I'm riding a flame atronach sence; one of the older models, and that's basically all I'm asking for as far as coloration and design. Right now, the gryphon looks like it's just the base model; as if they started to flesh it out more, adding a layer of browns to the base black shape, then stopped for some reason. It feels incomplete.

At NO point would I want a 'neon, day glo, cotton candy' mount. Just something a bit more dramatic and cool looking, much like how you evolved into Nascent Indrik into more colorful variants.

Then I understood you perfectly (and I gave @Danikat an awesome for their recognition of that).

The flame atronach mouth is over the line for me. As would anything be that has "eyes [that] glow with fire". To be clear, and as I have said before in threads back to 2015, my problem with these mounts/pets is not that they exist. This is Elder Scrolls, most things could have been tried once. It is degree and distribution.

I remember when the Nightmare Courser was released (March 2015). I opposed its inclusion in the game because I knew it would be everywhere. Standard mounts would disappear overnight in favour of something "a bit more dramatic and cool looking".

You know what happened? The next session I logged in, I only saw Nightmare Coursers. Every single player I encountered that was riding a mount... was riding that one. That situation has not improved.

So if I say that I am happy to see a creature that seems to have no effects whatsoever, then that is exactly what I mean.
    Edited by Iluvrien on August 2, 2021 10:27AM
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg is there a horse mount? Something actually useful from events? I have not taken part at all, what does it look like? Any silly armor on it?
    Edit: ah its not a horse but something else, no need to participate :)
    Edited by Pauwer on August 2, 2021 3:33PM
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will probably be different versions of that mount, like skins so wait and see, you may getvyour wish of a more colourful mount.

Im sorry you feel frustrated atm. I understand that dark mounts are not everyone's cuppa tea.