The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO PvP - Reddit Community ?

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
I haven't found any ESO PvP Reddits ? Can someone give me a link or I guess make one ? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of things we can talk about on there that won't be hindered from TOS bias.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    r/ESOBuilds is honestly the closest you're ever gonna get unless you make one yourself.

You can always try the main ESO subreddit, but tbh the anti-PvP bias is quite palpable so I usually avoid it.

Edit: ElderScrollsOnlinePvP is empty and public. Go take it over.
    Edited by JayKwellen on July 31, 2021 6:46AM
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »
    r/ESOBuilds is honestly the closest you're ever gonna get unless you make one yourself.

You can always try the main ESO subreddit, but tbh the anti-PvP bias is quite palpable so I usually avoid it.

Edit: ElderScrollsOnlinePvP is empty and public. Go take it over.

I'm not that player to take over something and commit myself to being an admin. What I can say is if PvP'ers like myself want change in PvP, it's not going to be started in the forums.

The only way to fix PvP is real unbias communication, unity through everyone and the understanding of good business and marketing practices.

Reason why I asked about a ESOPvP reddit because redditors make shhh happen through community.

Or people can complain for another 4 to 6 years however long ESO will last. Then maybe classic will come out... and we can play that. Doesn't really matter to me because it's not that important, but I don't like logging back in after some time away and PvP being more unplayable when I left. I feel the toxicity stems from not being heard ... my 2 cents. 👍
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point it feels like trying to fix pvp is like peeing in the wind. But who knows, perhaps having your voice heard on reddit may help, so give it a whirl I say.
    IC patch was actually pretty good. I'd go back to that. Yes proc sets were rampant, but the sewers were popping, performance was actually tight, and the rest of the game was quite balanced. It was fun.
    I'm not sure what happened, but every chapter after that just broke performance more and more. Maybe they could look at what they did to break things after that particular patch. It's probably not that simple, but it's worth a look.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I understand it, performance took a big hit as a result of moving all the calculations to the backend, making cheating impossible.
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    As far as I understand it, performance took a big hit as a result of moving all the calculations to the backend, making cheating impossible.

While I think you are correct that moving some stuff to the backend has been detrimental to performance, the best you can say is it only reduced the ability to cheat.

My understanding is there are many aspects of game that have NOT been moved to backend like positioning and cheat engine can still manipulate that. Actually it is impossible to eliminate all possibility of cheating as the server must receive inputs from the client and there are many technical ways to manipulate that input.
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merforum wrote: »
    divnyi wrote: »

While I think you are correct that moving some stuff to the backend has been detrimental to performance, the best you can say is it only reduced the ability to cheat.

My understanding is there are many aspects of game that have NOT been moved to backend like positioning and cheat engine can still manipulate that. Actually it is impossible to eliminate all possibility of cheating as the server must receive inputs from the client and there are many technical ways to manipulate that input.

BTW to the OP, I don't know where this idea that ZOS hasn't been listening to PVPer or this forum comes from. Massive changes have been constantly happening for years, specifically directed to most of the complaints I've been seeing from PVPers and this forum. I'd say they are listening TOO MUCH to these complaints and at this point should create a PVP arena for 1v1, 2v2...12v12 with high performance (minimal skill/gear sets if necessary) then turn IC/cyro into PVE areas only.