The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is the Vaults of Umbrage final boss supposed be interruptable?

GrayWarrior
I discovered the other night in nMA that the giant Argonian boss at the end of the Vaults of Umbrage arena could be interrupted when screaming. Is that supposed to be able to be done?
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interrupting enrages him. On nMA it might not matter, but on vMA it makes him a lot more dangerous. He has been interruptable for as long as I remember.
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you interrupt him all his attacks from that point will become one-shots, basically. so, unless you are really good or are not forced to do it (by being too far from the shield guy, for example) i would not recomend that tactic..
  • Herr_Flocke
    Herr_Flocke
    ✭✭✭
    on normal you can burn him down before any mechanics anyway. On vet you usually better don't bc he gets enraged. So no, don't interrupt him.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I discovered the other night in nMA that the giant Argonian boss at the end of the Vaults of Umbrage arena could be interrupted when screaming. Is that supposed to be able to be done?

I think Rich has specifically mentioned that mechanic on stream (while running vMA), so... yeah, probably intentional.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aaisoaho wrote: »
    Interrupting enrages him. On nMA it might not matter, but on vMA it makes him a lot more dangerous. He has been interruptable for as long as I remember.

The spark from Tree-Minder death enrages him, the scream is "venting" the rage, if you interrupt he remain enraged.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lizzie got two friends. Lizzie likes it's two small friends. So when the first friend dies. Lizzie becomes angry. Blinded with anger Lizzie screams. Screams at you. Screams at herself. Screams at the world. Screams to let the anger out. If you stop her from screaming, Lizzie still has anger inside. Fueling her. Making her stronger. Please be friendlier to Lizzie and her two small friends.