The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

deserter debuff

slimwaffle
slimwaffle
✭✭✭
Zos if you are listening please remove deserter debuff from bgs and dungeons all together.
People shouldn't be punished for wanting to leave a bad group.
And people shouldn't be punished for disconnecting from the game.

I understand the argument for having it. That it stops toxic players from queing over and over again into the same groups. But just get rid of said players with a swift ban and let the rest of us game without being punished.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, please remove it. I randomly get removed from game and sent to the character select screen and load back in right away just to get a deserter penalty. It's better now having a 5 minute penalty as opposed to 10 minutes like it was in the past but it's still annoying when you lag out and then get penalized
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. I have seen a player leave the group before we moved from the initial spawn location because we would not vote to kick a low CP player. It has nothing to do with how good or bad the group or any player was. Heck, it was the healer that dropped and one of the other players off healed. We cleared the vet dungeon in HM with just the three of us.

As such the deserter penalty does serve a good purpose. Considering the timer starts at the start of the instance there is not much of a penalty if they actually gave the group a chance.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The 5 minute penalty is so short that nobody cares about it.
    PC NA
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    It’s 5 minutes lol. Who cares. I play games where it starts at 10 mins and scales up. You could find yourself unable to play for hours as opposed to a 5 min penalty that doesn’t even scale
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    Just no. Every new player that failing a team will be under fire, because those "pro" picky players that complain will leave after the team is failing, leaving others one player short. PvP needs more players and time for some people to learn how to play this game. Every MMO that has PvP has a deserter debuff for a reason.
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    ImSoPro wrote: »
    It’s 5 minutes lol. Who cares. I play games where it starts at 10 mins and scales up. You could find yourself unable to play for hours as opposed to a 5 min penalty that doesn’t even scale

I was mainly talking about dungeons.
    As a person who plays tank pve I am always usually to help newbies. But I want stay to finish with toxic players.
    Sometimes a group is so bad though that its best to find a new one. Get your daily runs done so you can log out and get back to the real world.
    A debuff for wanting to leave a bad group. Feels like you are being punished for other people being bad.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    slimwaffle wrote: »
    But I don't want stay to finish with toxic players. Sometimes a group is so bad though that its best to find a new one.

Players have the freedom to leave early when they are not aligned with the group. However, perspectives often differ.

[snip]

Toxicity goes both ways.

[Edited for Naming and Shaming]

Edited by Psiion on August 6, 2021 2:45AM
    PC NA
  • chuckythexii
    chuckythexii
    ✭✭
    Def not for dungeons. I can't stand toxic players in dungeons. Too bad there is no way to tell deserters from disconnects in dungeons or I'd say ban 'em for the day.

BGs are fine its a five minute timer either way and lets face it, ppl barely play like a team there anyway.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At-least its not 20 mins anymore